Shambles from top to bottom

54 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

A clear plan that seen 1 trophy out of 9, and didn't look like a plan at all when things weren't going well.

I am one of Gerrard's biggest critics for his overall trophy record 

There was an identity throughout his time though. He did suffer from the wheels coming off and was kind of excused for it in his first season with the heat being ramped up even more so when the same happened on his second season. The one thing I will say with the benefit of hindsight is that these same players went on to do this under a further 3 managers. Ultimately Gerrard recruited them so he has to shoulder the blame but I doubt he knew how big an issue confidence and mentality would be with that squad 

Gerrard though did have us believing we could compete again and completely got rid of the fear factor the club had towards Celtic. We went from regular 5 goal drubbings off them to going down to parkhead and completely controlling the games.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Does Clement walk if we get tanked at parkhead in a fortnight I think it's possible 

Despite the fact that his set-up, team selections, substitutions, press conferences and overall decisions in general indicate that he’s suffered a brain injury, I don’t believe he has, therefore he won’t walk.

A three-year deal was a lovely cushion, but this board’s genius notion to add a further twelve months on to our underperforming manager’s existing deal means walking will not happen.

Should he resign, he’s ineligible for compensation. That won’t happen, unless he has actually suffered a brain injury. If he’s dismissed - which he inevitably will be, eventually - it will be worded as ‘mutual termination”, then he’ll receive a nice, big lump sum for his troubles.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Clement is not walking away from a significant payout. All the noises from him and the club are letting us know we have no expectation to win anything this season and this is now a long term project. 

That's exactly why we need change. Projects are for Aberdeen mate not our club. 

13 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Clement is not walking away from a significant payout. All the noises from him and the club are letting us know we have no expectation to win anything this season and this is now a long term project. 

Agree also this seems to have creeped into the fan base as well people who genuinely don't care that they win as long as we beat them at the end of a season in a meaningless game 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

There was an identity throughout his time though. He did suffer from the wheels coming off and was kind of excused for it in his first season with the heat being ramped up even more so when the same happened on his second season. The one thing I will say with the benefit of hindsight is that these same players went on to do this under a further 3 managers. Ultimately Gerrard recruited them so he has to shoulder the blame but I doubt he knew how big an issue confidence and mentality would be with that squad 

Gerrard though did have us believing we could compete again and completely got rid of the fear factor the club had towards Celtic. We went from regular 5 goal drubbings off them to going down to parkhead and completely controlling the games.

Gerrard also started with a clean slate and brought in 15 players for the first team squad his first window. Clement has taken over us after possibly our worst transfer window in history and the team an absolute mess with nobody worth much of anything.

5 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Agree also this seems to have creeped into the fan base as well people who genuinely don't care that they win as long as we beat them at the end of a season in a meaningless game 

I care that we win fuck all. I absolutely hate it. But I don't expect anything else.

22 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Gerrard though did have us believing we could compete again and completely got rid of the fear factor the club had towards celtic. We went from regular 5 goal drubbings off them to going down to parkhead and completely controlling the games.

Gerrard's time was mixed, but he had our players playing for the team, he knew what it meant and had the force of personality to make things happen, we also recruited reasonably well with his signings maturing into that 55 league win, and the run to UEFA cup final and Scottish Cup win. He should have won more, but he built us into a team that competed with the best.

And then we chucked it.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Unfortunately that's not where we are. Outwith a sudden injection of capital, the reality is we are a project. We can't keep operating the way we are both on and off the park.

The problem is that the long term project is being overseen by the same people who took us from a position of strength and turned us into a project. They can't fix this. Until they are gone, we won't win anything regularly and we won't get any better.

The idea that you can just fix a squad rot like ours in one Summer too is similar to Man Utd I think and they've just continued to rot thinking every year this will be the one.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The board have put us in a situation where the only way out of it is a long term project. Unfortunately.

How long will the support stand for regular batterings from them and another 9iar run? It's going to get to a breaking point very soon as it stands 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

How long will the support stand for regular batterings from them and another 9iar run? It's going to get to a breaking point very soon as it stands 

Yes, but I've yet to see anyone in the support saying the board is great? It's going to get to breaking point very soon with the next manager too then.

23 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

Never heard or seen a single person who is content with that tbh. I think you'll find pretty much every supporter will be angry and devastated when we chuck it in the league yet again

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah, not saying it’s not impressive on paper, and I don’t want to sound dismissive, but you have to caveat it by saying it’s Chinese football, which isn’t a high level. I know the SPL isn’t a high level either, but managing us is a different ball game entirely to anything he will have faced or tackled as a manager over there.

He had a spell in Europe previously, at a small club, and lasted six months. Most managers have a flop or a sacking on their CV’s these days, but isn’t it quite telling that he rebuilt his reputation and then moved sideways, maybe even backwards, rather than coming back to Europe to try and crack it agin?

Yeah, that's true, but i'd prefer us to have backed someone who plays all-out attacking football instead of what we're currently seeing. Also - did he have any offers in European football? Maybe Shanghai was the best offer on the table

6 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Never heard or seen a single person who is content with that tbh. I think you'll find pretty much every supporter will be angry and devastated when we chuck it in the league yet again

Really go on twitter and tik tok