Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

304 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

Time to start phasing him out the team and make Sterling our Right Back. Perfect time to start after the international break,

if he is due a testimonial this summer I would get to that to say thanks and part ways. Over his time he has been available pretty much every week and lead us to a European final but ultimately should have lifted more trophies which obviously isn’t up for debate. 

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Time to start phasing him out the team and make Sterling our Right Back. Perfect time to start after the international break,

if he is due a testimonial this summer I would get to that to say thanks and part ways. Over his time he has been available pretty much every week and lead us to a European final but ultimately should have lifted more trophies which obviously isn’t up for debate. 

just because he has played there doesn't make him a RB he's obviously far better in midfield

we need a real RB who's sole role is there someone who's first thought it to get the ball to fuck from defence

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

just because he has played there doesn't make him a RB he's obviously far better in midfield

we need a real RB who's sole role is there someone who's first thought it to get the ball to fuck from defence

Not sure he is.

Also can’t stay fit either.

Hopefully the new boy is better.

47 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Apples and oranges. 

We ask way more of our full backs than we did of Davis who largely had the freedom to sit and dictate play. 

You get midfielders that play on into their mid 30s like Davis.

You get far less full backs that are asked to get forward that don’t lose form in their 30s.

Never mind most don’t play anywhere near as much football as Tav has.

The guys done. But that’s on the manager to not pick him or change the way he plays.

Or do you want our players just to down tools and not play?

He can still curb some of his attacking play in games, he can still not take in swinging corners at the furthest away part of the pitch from his position 

And i dare say if he had any sense of decency he'd say to clement "look i cant play the way you want me to play, change it or drop me" 

7 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Fuck phasing him out, dump him in the B team his body language, attitude, desire and work rate was an absolute disgrace yesterday for a supposed Rangers captain, get him to fuck he is a cancer in our club his shitebag demeanour can’t be allied to infect the new players. 

43 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

He's one of, if not the worst passer of the ball in the team, has no mobility, panics when pressed and is one of the main culprits for loss of possession. I just don't get the argument that he should be played further forward because of his defensive failures, he's just as much a liability going forward as he is at the back these days. I know our midfield is a disgrace but not one of them is behind Tav for a midfield role and so it would simply be because it's about shoehorning the highest earner and captain into the lineup.

Edit: Didn't read it properly and made a cunt of it, assumed it was about Tav being further forward.

18 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

I wouldn't say 'sole role', but yeah we need a stronger defender at rb.

20 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

He's one of, if not the worst passer of the ball in the team, has no mobility, panics when pressed and is one of the main culprits for loss of possession. I just don't get the argument that he should be played further forward because of his defensive failures, he's just as much a liability going forward as he is at the back these days. I know our midfield is a disgrace but not one of them is behind Tav for a midfield role and so it would simply be because it's about shoehorning the highest earner and captain into the lineup.

The post you quoted is about sterling, not Tav 

I said stay…purely because the window is closed and he ain’t going. The time to sell has passed. Keep but drop wasn’t an option. It is important he no longer starts games and is no longer the Captain. Clement has to be strong. It may shape the season and the relationship with the fans. He can deliver numbers against most SPL sides but I would have him contributing to the squad from the bench. Others now need to start at right back. If we continue with the current situation, we will see the same issues. 

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

Is he though? 

I voted go, he certainly won't go volunterally so the the only way I can see him going is in a pine box. As to why he is still captain and still getting picked is down to PC. A strong manager would have done both by now.

10 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

than a RB yeah but thats not to say he can't fill in in an emergency as an old fashioned defender

people just think thats how he started  as a RB so thats what he is

i personally think he's more suited in a DM role 

The thing is though, he’s barely played RB for us. I’m not disagreeing as such it’s just that I think if he’s been a fullback before he signed for us, why not give him a run of games at RB? He’s aggressive enough and isn’t slow. Problem is we’ve been that shite we’ve needed him in midfield anyway.