When and how do you think we will dominate Scottish football again

A mix between better management from boardroom to player coaching and being lucky with transfers will be what it takes. 

The latter can happy at any time as that is the nature of player trading but we need competent boardroom management to ensure we get prime fees. 

In the good old days and that really wasn’t that long ago fortunes turned quickly with one or two decent signings and a manager who knew the score but that isn’t where we are today, will be a long haul to get back without major investment. 

It could still be Clement but better coaching definitely would have us far closer than we are looking at the moment.

I think it’s possible to compete if the recruitment’s really good.

We have to find players on the way up, but crucially ready now rather than needing a year or two to develop. The way they did with O’Riley.

We need to stop the “if we can get him back on track/back to his best” signings or at least not have them be the default for the ‘quality’ in our squad.

I think it depends on what the OP means by dominate. To me that means winning back to back leagues for a few years - 4, 5, 6 in a row, or at least 7 or 8 titles in a decade. So clearly that will literally take time.

However, in  order to win a league title, I am not as pessimistic as some are.  We actually came close last season, and had the title in our own hands until the collapse- which in reality was only a couple of games against SPL dross. Do we need better quality players, definitely- but that shouldn’t take years and years to achieve. 
In short, I think we are a couple of players and one Neil Lennon type appointment across the city away from us at least competing for titles and trophies.

27 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Folk are basically just hoping they make a cunt of it and are shite in Europe.

That's our only hope because we don't have owners who can make us a force on their own. 

They are shite in Europe, and as far as I understand they’ll no longer have automatic CL qualification as of next year?

That’s a hefty drop in income. 

40 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Folk are basically just hoping they make a cunt of it and are shite in Europe.

That's our only hope because we don't have owners who can make us a force on their own. 

I think we're in all unanimous agreement the board have royally fucked it over the last 3 years.

But you can only piss with the cock you've got and go from there. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It could still be Clement but better coaching definitely would have us far closer than we are looking at the moment.

I think it’s possible to compete if the recruitment’s really good.

We have to find players on the way up, but crucially ready now rather than needing a year or two to develop. The way they did with O’Riley.

We need to stop the “if we can get him back on track/back to his best” signings or at least not have them be the default for the ‘quality’ in our squad.

Yep. It’s about signing players on an upward trajectory. Not ones that are on the way down.

When we have a CEO who can match Lawell, a manager who can get more out of his squad and punch above his weight, a far stronger squad, a far improved recruitment team more focussed on the short term rather than projects, and a synergy that pulls us all together as one in the right direction.

Can't see it any time soon tbh.

42 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They are shite in Europe, and as far as I understand they’ll no longer have automatic CL qualification as of next year?

That’s a hefty drop in income. 

They were. They have a decent draw this time out. They already have 2 lots of 30 plus million banked from our fuck ups plus huge sales for players. We have to sell before we can get anyone in.

Folk thinking we will be winning the title in a year or 2 are off their heads.

Just now, The Godfather said:

They were. They have a decent draw this time out. They already have 2 lots of 30 plus million banked from our fuck ups plus huge sales for players. We have to sell before we can get anyone in.

Folk thinking we will be winning the title in a year or 2 are off their heads.

We need so much to go in our favour to give us even a small chance. They have the luxury of buying quality in each window to maintain a healthy gap. 

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

You're missing out the point where us finishing 2nd no longer guarantees us Europa League football and makes it significantly more difficult to get into the CL.

They're 1 round from the Champions League and are guaranteed Europa League. We're 3 rounds from the CL and guaranteed the Conference League.

It will impact us significantly too.

There isn't much difference between the Europa and Conference, CL of course on another level. 

Hopefully they spunk their tainted CL money on some Lammers level flops and more disco lights. 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We need so much to go in our favour to give us even a small chance. They have the luxury of buying quality in each window to maintain a healthy gap. 

They do, but their recent recruitment hasn’t been good either. 

Think people saying we won’t ever dominate again need to remember how quickly things can turn in football especially in Scotland, we won the title undefeated and by 25 points and looked set for a period of dominance and look how that turned out, a couple of bad windows for them coupled with a couple of good ones for us and things can change very quickly, we will be back however bad it is at the minute. 

Fuck knows but I think it will happen, look at the puddle drinkers in the late 80’s and early 90’s, cunts were finishing 3rd,4th, and 5th on the regular.

It seems a long way away but it just takes some bad investment on their part and some good investment on ours and the pendulum can shift dramatically in a short space of time.

Some don't want to admit it, but we are still paying in some regards for what happened in 2012. 

Yes, there has been gross mismanagement at boardroom level and on the pitch, but it set us back a good 4/5 years and handed them the biggest financial boost they could have gotten. 

We need to do now what we should have done in div 3, buy low, sell high and try to develop a consistent chain of high quality youth players. 

Disappointed that Devine, Lovelace, Rice and Lowry haven't been able to break through properly. 

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They do, but their recent recruitment hasn’t been good either. 

They can absorb their shite ones given their record with the decent ones who go for more than any player in our squad could.

I'd rather we fixed our own shit than relies on them fucking up their recruitment. 

24 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Some don't want to admit it, but we are still paying in some regards for what happened in 2012. 

Yes, there has been gross mismanagement at boardroom level and on the pitch, but it set us back a good 4/5 years and handed them the biggest financial boost they could have gotten. 

We need to do now what we should have done in div 3, buy low, sell high and try to develop a consistent chain of high quality youth players. 

Disappointed that Devine, Lovelace, Rice and Lowry haven't been able to break through properly. 

They haven't been able to break through properly because the Academy is a mess. Wasn't until Clement came in that these players were getting involved with the first team just with training.

4 hours ago, rfcmemberfromthekingdom1 said:

When and how as the title says we will get our rightfully place in Scotland back. 

For me 

When I can't see it for another 5-6 years if lucky 

Solution. We need to hope the younger players bought like cortes and Barron etc keep fit and hope the board strike the iron when bids come on over 10m+ like that rhat mob.

And then reinvest in the squad with better quality. Sell for example Barron (not saying the now) for 15m reinvest in a better quality of player at 10m still in profit of 5m so on so on

As it is the now only diamonde and Barron is looking like 10m+ players 

We will need a board that would be strong and astute and fighting for Rangers. 

The board would have to ask uefa to look into the pro celtic bias and incompetent of refs in Scotland 

We need to try and attract Saudi or qutari oil  investors to buy in. 

The pain to say is sell the naming rights to ibrox to the likes of emrites etc and use sponsorship money to rebuild the stadium to 70k (while the rebuild is happening on the pitch the rebuild iff the stadium commences) there can be a way to do this with reduces capacity so we don't need to move out of ibrox like they are doing at the emirites 

Set up a ppv channel for all our games with money going into the club. 

Please give your thoughts 

IMG-20240906-WA0001.thumb.jpg.75a3e703084009cc78e6e241ecb80171.jpgIMG-20240905-WA0003.thumb.jpg.4cc1a408675a0332db6cbd4cc82e865e.jpg