*****The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Then and us humiliated in Europe this week. They’ll come back and thump Ross County and we’ll struggle at home to St Johnstone 

That’s fair. There was a bit made about the Lyon game bringing to an end a good run of performances. I didn’t feel that. We were winning matches but all the signs were there. We were pretty turgid and lacked intensity in most of those matches and the old issues with missing chances were there. Tonight is a real opportunity for a refresh of the starting 11 but i’m not convinced he’ll do it. 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think I'll be surprised with whatever the result or performance is.

Turn up and win 1-0. Yup, usual, we move on.

Don't. Meh. 

That's where am at feel so disconnected from the club at present what will be will be. 

Poor day for an 8pm KO time which will directly impact the crowd for people travelling and the subway closed.

Hopefully good performance and a few goals to lift the mood going into the international break.

Butland

Kasawirjo  Souttar  Balogun  Jefte

Barron

Lawrence     Bajrami

Cerny           Dessers         Igamane

3-0

Butland

Sterling     Souttar   Propper    Kasanwirjo

Barron     Diomande

Igamane         Bajrami           Jefte

Dessers

Something like this or Sterling in Midfield Kasanwirjo at RB Jefte LB and possibly Hagi into 10 and Bajrami wide. 

I'm not sure he'll change much today as there's an international break coming. I do think that as we get our wingers back and integrate newer players into the team further e.g. Nana, we'll start to see improvements as players start to play in their preferred positions and we introduce more pace and energy into the team. Also a word about Hagi. He has not suddenly become Messi but he could make the difference in that he can be rotated in for Lawrence without drop off. He will contribute goals and assists and all for flexibility around him. Marginal gains, maybe, but still marginal gains.

Butland

Sterling Souttar Propper Kasanwirjo 

Barron

McCausland Bajrami Jefte

Igamane Dessers

Thats something like what he has to play to show me he has the ability to realise his approach is dog shite. Tav needs dropped and he needs to stop playing two holding midfielders against teams like this at home.

Won’t hold my breath