***The Official Malmo FF vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Cheers I hope getting up is worth it.

I'm in two minds whether to watch the game or not. KO is 1am here but I've got to get up at 6.am (ish) to get to Shanghai and a full days work on a new project. My heart says have some dinner and get your head down for a few hours and get up just before KO. But my head says go to bed at 11pm and wait until you get up at six to see the result.

I'd like to see TerryTibbs team and that's what it should be but think Edu will play instead of Ortiz and we'll have a 5 man midfield with Naismith on the right.

WATP

Our defence for tonight gives me the shitters.

Whittaker is all over the place just now.

Boughy is disappearing tomorrow, is he 100% focussed?

Broadfoot is Broadfoot

Then there is the dynamic duo in midfield.

2-1 victory for the Gers.

No offense, but in many ways Glasgow Rangers is the perfect club to play for a Swedish team. There is no doubt about the great history that Rangers have. One of the most famous clubs in the World. That will get the swedish players extra pumped up. Malmo has a very young team, and for those young lads to walk in to a legendary ground like Ibrox must have been fantastic, and probably really helped them being even more motivated fpr the match. On the other hand, I really don't think Malmo or any other Swedish team really fear the group of players that Rangers have at the moment. To be honest, for most of the Malmo players the Rangers players are as probably as unknown to them as the Malmo players are to the Rangers players. I'm pretty sure that Rangers would win the Swedish league quite comfortably, but the difference in quality to the top teams in Sweden is probably not as big as some Rangers supporters seem to think. That Rangers would roll over Malmo with something like 7-0 over two legs was never really in the cards. Sorry... I live in Malmo but I support the club Orebro where Alejandro Bedoya plays. He's definitely a good player, but it seems unthinkable that an Orebro player of that calibre would have been bought by Rangers 15-20 years ago...

I think Rangers have a great chance tonight if they capitalize on the weak defence of Malmo. Malmos strength is in their offense which is probably the best in Sweden, even if this season has been really inconsistent. I wonder if the Rangers staff really understood that Malmo is a team that mainly play short quick passes and have quite technical and skillful players up front, but often lack organization defensively. Looking at the match on Ibrox I wonder if they really had done their homework...Well at least now they know, and should be better prepared for tonight. If it's enough to go through is very unclear though.

Anyway, sorry about the ramblings and good luck tonight! And I hope Alejandr Bedoya will do a great job for you eventually! He will be missed in my dear Orebro...

What I would like to see...

McGregor

Whittaker Boughy Papac Wallace

Edu McCulloch

Naismith Davis Wylde

Jelavic

What I think we will see....

McGregor

Whittaker Boughy Broadfoot Wallace

Davis Edu McCulloch Papac

Naismith

Jelavic

No offense, but in many ways Glasgow Rangers is the perfect club to play for a Swedish team. There is no doubt about the great history that Rangers have. One of the most famous clubs in the World. That will get the swedish players extra pumped up. Malmo has a very young team, and for those young lads to walk in to a legendary ground like Ibrox must have been fantastic, and probably really helped them being even more motivated fpr the match. On the other hand, I really don't think Malmo or any other Swedish team really fear the group of players that Rangers have at the moment. To be honest, for most of the Malmo players the Rangers players are as probably as unknown to them as the Malmo players are to the Rangers players. I'm pretty sure that Rangers would win the Swedish league quite comfortably, but the difference in quality to the top teams in Sweden is probably not as big as some Rangers supporters seem to think. That Rangers would roll over Malmo with something like 7-0 over two legs was never really in the cards. Sorry... I live in Malmo but I support the club Orebro where Alejandro Bedoya plays. He's definitely a good player, but it seems unthinkable that an Orebro player of that calibre would have been bought by Rangers 15-20 years ago...

I think Rangers have a great chance tonight if they capitalize on the weak defence of Malmo. Malmos strength is in their offense which is probably the best in Sweden, even if this season has been really inconsistent. I wonder if the Rangers staff really understood that Malmo is a team that mainly play short quick passes and have quite technical and skillful players up front, but often lack organization defensively. Looking at the match on Ibrox I wonder if they really had done their homework...Well at least now they know, and should be better prepared for tonight. If it's enough to go through is very unclear though.

Anyway, sorry about the ramblings and good luck tonight! And I hope Alejandr Bedoya will do a great job for you eventually! He will be missed in my dear Orebro...

(tu) Thank You

McGregor

Ortiz McCulloch Davis Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

Its time Edu was fuckin' punted, surely the management team can see what the rest of us do and that is a fuckin' donkey who offers fuck all to the team and is worse than playing with a man down.

McGregor

Ortiz McCulloch Davis Wylde

Jelavic Naismith

Its time Edu was fuckin' punted, surely the management team can see what the rest of us do and that is a fuckin' donkey who offers fuck all to the team and is worse than playing with a man down.

On paper that is about the best team we can put out but don't be surprised to see Broadfoot at right back and Whittaker moved to right midfield at the expense of Ortiz or more likely Wylde so that Ortiz can play on the left.

If Ally starts with both Ortiz and Wylde I will eat my wife. I am confident that she isnae in for a treat tonight. :BELM:

Nice to see the Scottish press sticking up for the Gers over in Sweden. Andy Devlin from the Sun has been telling Swedish TV that Malmö will go through as Rangers are "nowhere near as strong as last season." Eh? Minus Lafferty and Weir, plus Wallace: not sure that's any weaker.

It's hard trying to fit both Wallace and Papac in, Wallace is my first choice at the moment for LB but Papac is a solid player with plenty of experience, I'd consider one of them slotting in at RB, both are versatile so I don't see why not?

McGregor

Wallace

Bougherra

Goian

Papac

Whittaker

Davis

Edu

Ortiz

Naismith

Jelavic

Something like that, although ideally we'd have players in their correct positions

2-1 Rangers, I'm confident

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra:

:Goian::Wallace:

:ortiz: :davis: :mcculloch: :wylde:

:jelavic:

:Naismith:

Id love to see that but I think Papac will play instead of Wylde and Wallace might move into the left wing position and id have Edu over Mcculloch

It'll be the exact same team as Saturday. Papac in midfield, davis on the right etc.

I thought Davis was more central with Edu further right.

I'd always have Davis central, give Ortiz a game out right so we can see what he can do in his correct position.

no no no back three, how to cause your team more problems in the most important game of the season so far

it's not the time to monkey about with the most critical area of the pitch, ffs it's not football manager

if ally does anything like that i'll ingest myself and pop into nothingness