Do you think we will win the league  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. I think we'll sort the defence sooner rather than later. With Kranjcar and Barton still to hit full fitness, along with Rossiter to get more game time. Our midfield looks strong and will be far more protection for the CB's than Halliday was last year. Getting another striker in will only help the front line but I'd be confident that we've got enough goals from the front 3 and from guys like Windass.

The main reason I think we will is because we've been written off by everyone already, before a ball has even been kicked in the league. They will all massively underestimate the quality we have in the squad and Mr Warburton will punish that. The Motherwell game is really the only bearing we have to go from in pre-season. Bar the first 20 minutes losing the game never crossed my mind. Even at only one nil, I never felt like we looked in danger of losing.

Besides, how great can this league really be if the "champions" got beat by a non league team from Gibraltar?

Optimistic Loyal :uk:

Yes but only if Warburton comes up with a plan B which isn't "throw more players forward". We should never go back to how we played under Smith and McCoist but we will need to shore up defensively in some games and i hope he has that in the back of his mind.

We also have to play with 100%  to the end of the season because how we ended last season was horrendous.

Is this a serious poll? (tu)  Of course we'll win the league!

What we need to do imho...

a) More clinical and stop trying to be Barca.  Need to put more balls in the box where a NEW striker can finish, Call me old fashioned.. but pissing about on the 18 yard line doesn't win matches.

b) CBs  Will need improvement.

So.. imho not much to change.  And the scum are a disaster.  Some away days will be hard.  We'll see soon enough what we're made of.  The league is rarely won head to head vs the scum.  It's won on cold rainy nights in places like Aberdeen.

If the correct answer netted me a million quid, then i'd probably say no. The required period of adjustment after moving up a league (for some of the players who have not played top flight) combined with our defensive frailties makes me pessimistic about taking the title in the first year back. Just being honest.

I can honestly see Rodgers failing over there. They wont give him the time and money he needs to sort that lot out and before you know it popcorn teeth is back with the "thunder" and were making plans for #56

There is still less pressure on us than them, even after the Scottish Cup semi final. The first few weeks will be an eye opener for both teams either way.

Yes. But I'm obviously worried about our defence. However I trust MW to get that sorted ASAP, even though it should have been sorted by now. I remember when we used to always find gems for our defence, I hope that continues now that we're back in the top flight. 

Are we capable of winning the league? yes, Will we win it? different question but I like to think yes. We certainly proved in the semi final with that squad last year we could rise to the occasion with the additions we have made I think we are capable of doing it week in week out but we need a defender badly. Kenny Miller will I have no doubt a huge part to play in what will likely be his final season popping up in the big games with big goals

Don't think it's as easy as Yes / No. Do I think we'll win the league, of course I do, I think we'll win every game we play.

The reality is it depends on many factors:

1. Signing a good defender

2. Players gelling quickly

3. Not having too many serous injuries

4. How effective Brenda is

5. How much they strengthen, like it / admit it or not they have far greater spending power 

yes I believe well win it by 4-6 points. Whilst I would love us to run away with it just can't see that happening tbh consistency will be the key.

lf we can leave the dump September 10th still top I believe we might then be under consideration by those that gave us no chance in the beginning.

Said it before, hit the ground running and take points off the scum in September and the pressure on them will be unreal. Hopefully they'll be battling with midweek Europa league group games as well, where we just have 38 games to look after. Like everyone else, the one chief CB needed to partner and bring the best out of Wilson and I think we can do it. Add in the goal scorer we're after and I'd be more than quietly confident. Being written off already is only to our benefit.

37 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yes but only if Warburton comes up with a plan B which isn't "throw more players forward". We should never go back to how we played under Smith and McCoist but we will need to shore up defensively in some games and i hope he has that in the back of his mind.

We also have to play with 100%  to the end of the season because how we ended last season was horrendous.

Regardless of how we played under Walter, we won. 

Not it so much with mccoist.