Joey sent home

scottjf82

I can't believe there fans on here slating Warburton for sending him home. Barton has come in talked shite, done next to nothing performance wise and now been involved in a spat which Warburton deemed worthy of suspension. If Barton actually had a proper pre season and less time on his fucking phone tweeting then maybe he wouldn't be sitting on his arse at home this week!! Barton has underestimated the task and the manager at hand!!

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Exactly, it is obvious that the squad has taken this badly and a few may be hiding at the moment. A good result on Saturday is mandatory, then the management can start to resolve the situation. At least the MW pre match press conference might be slightly interesting for a change.  

Barton's clearly overstepped the mark but the whole squad including him have been dreadful so nobody can play the innocent

The conference was today before this all came out so he'll have avoided that no doubt the press will be trying to talk to him tomorrow though

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're right.

He's not the man I'oes tot afraid, but I already thought he wmas working his ticket.

He is blinded by his own limitations and players won't tolerate a headmaster as they have little to offer other than a text book. It is now beginning to fall into place on how we went into freefall last season.

More negative shite....your easily upset and surrender withoutv a fight! I hope the manager and players have a bit more heart than you when IT comes to  fight when things dont go smoothly.or wecare doomed I say doomed :ulster:

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

He's hardly playing like Gaza FS! He should look after himself first and foremost.

I agree but at least he's showing some commitment. Just can't be bothered with everything blown out of proportion. Was a training ground bust up Barton apologised already. End of

31 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

How is it bad management? Assaulting another work colleague is a sackable offence in every line of work!!!

So joey thinks it's ok to slate everyone else and when a bit of criticism comes his way he reacts with violence. 

Best thing to do to a mouthpiece like this is let him stew on what's happened, after all if you give him enough rope I'm sure he'll hang himself. 

Who the fuck said that haha? Somecunt on here? Give it a break

when you take two passionate players and they both have very different views you will end up with fireworks, halidy at times on the park is a bit of a hot head but has the club at heart, so of course his emotions after saturdays game must have been reaching boiling point, we know what barton is like, he can produce the goods, he is a talented football player, a massive hot head, after all the build up of brown vs barton in the media and he knew he's been a massive let down, as he said he's not been at the races  so again it must be getting to him after the game, i can only assume at training barton pointed out something which andy didn't like, andy fired back and joey didn't like what he said, barton fires back and warburton didn't like the heated exchange and sent him home.

warburton may not have handled this correctly however as he's so under pressure from the fans and the media, think he feels he had no option and had to remove that distraction for the next game..........then again what do i know.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Barton's clearly overstepped the mark but the whole squad including him have been dreadful so nobody can play the innocent

The conference was today before this all came out so he'll have avoided that no doubt the press will be trying to talk to him tomorrow though

If nothing happens between now and the match then the post match interview will be interesting.

7 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

It shows a lack of respect and control.  Maybe he should take his suspension like a grown up instead of feeling the need to put it out in public. Smarts of a kid getting into trouble and looking for anyone to give him some sympathy. Barton needs to get over it, work hard and contribute to a winning Rangers. If that's too difficult then find another club. 

We made a cunt of it. We should be controlling communcations with the mhedia but as usual they control us. Just another almighty fuck up by us that at least Barton had the good sense to sort. Why the fuck should he take the shit that our bunch of fucking amateurs should have got right in the first place and that includes our new fucking headmaster of a manager.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Who said Joey threw the first punch? or are you just assuming that?

I'm going with the reports at the start of this thread from apparent people in the know. Like everyone on here we are all assuming he said this, and he done that, but 1 thing I am clear on that Warburton is not an idiot and he feels joey needs time away from the team for either himself or the sake of the team then I back that 100%.

8 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Can you prove that they didn't?

I rest my case.

3 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Do you know he's officially suspended?

Nope, you don't.

I like the way you ask me a question then answer it for me, saves time listening I suppose.

9 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Haha touché bud ?

It stuck in in my mind how much he thought he was billy big baws and he was slated after it for being too arrogant about his career and his listen to me cos I'm better than u attitude. JB strikes me the same way. Might be wrong but doesn't happen often ?

Ah right I get your point now. I thought you were trying to compare a verbal dressing down to wee Johnny getting his titties oot!!

I do get your point but we need also need to remember that the majority of our squad were playing in reserves or lower league English football before arriving here. If the reports are true that their response was - we done amazing last year and beat them last season without you - then I can't blame him for losing his shit with them. Shouldn't have disrespected the manager though if true. I just keep thinking what would Barry have said after a 5 - 1 defeat? I suppose he had earned their respect but from what I've heard he ripped people apart even after wins.

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm going with the reports at the start of this thread from apparent people in the know. Like everyone on here we are all assuming he said this, and he done that, but 1 thing I am clear on that Warburton is not an idiot and he feels joey needs time away from the team for either himself or the sake of the team then I back that 100%.

Well from the way the "reports" were worded it sounded to me like Halliday was the one who couldn't take being given an earful from Joey and started it.

11 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Hopefully we have a clause that we can dump him for free for gross misconduct, if so its the perfect chance for Warbs to look good, as feared the guys a Fukin muppet.

I honestly can't recall being so pissed off and let down by a signing than him, genuinely thought he would walk it up here and take us up a level, literally quite numb at all this stuff with him.

That's not just him, you could say that about most of the new signings tbh. 

But wanting to dump a guy who got named as one of the top players in the championship , just because he's not performed in the first 5 games of the season, really??