Joey sent home

scottjf82

1 hour ago, JamesRFC__ said:

What does it say about Warburton though if he's going to throw Barton to the wolves just to release some pressure on himself. Imagine playing under him and knowing your a few shite performances away from him isolating you from the team. Wouldn't exactly install confidence throughout the squad. 

If a player face to faces you he is out the door. You can't have that as it undermines your authority. 

The job is too big for this board too, they have possibly a £1 million pound a year player poking them in the eye with some reality, they can't afford to ignore the costly situation, I think it's the end of Warburton, can't even handle the truth and sort the problem indoors and let the whole world see our dirty laundry washed in public. In being sent home he must of poked Warburton in the eye with some reality and not Halliday, sent home for voicing your opinion towards another player doesn't make this debacle happen.

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Isolating Barton maybe the way forward for Warburton.  Blaming Joey for it all may be a good outcome. Warburton is under pressure an maybe  diverting that to someone else,  blaming the performances on this may just work out for Warburton 

If you believe the reports that the other players reply was that we done fine last season without Barton sums up why we have been shite this season. Did Barton not make a comment after hamilton that we can't just turn up and expect to win..Not being there and knowing exactly what was said it's hard to say but saying that I can't help but think he has spoken a few home truths.. If he did have a go at the manager though then Warburton would need to make an example but what caused Barton to have a go at Warburton?

I thought all the players and manager were totally professional and respectful with the media and public last season, befitting of Rangers employees.  Barton arrives and from day one starts shooting from the lip, antagonising and causing controversy when it wasn't necessary.   You can just about get away with that if you can deliver where it matters, on the park.  Barton hasn't.

He's a loose cannon we can do without.  MW would be doing everyone a favour if he got rid.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Whatever happened, a player has been left isolated in this situation. That is down to the manager, and this has been handled badly by him.

Big time and the spineless shower than run  this club would 't be doing him any favours in their silence.

Well done Joey. It shows passion if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Aye mate apparantly there was 2 or 3 bad challenges on Windass. Only thing that surprised me was that Halliday got to him before Josh did :lol:

Until the challenges are on Halliday then he should stay the fuck out of it then. Only people that should be saying anything are coaching staff or Windass himself IMO.

19 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

If you believe the reports that the other players reply was that we done fine last season without Barton sums up why we have been shite this season. Did Barton not make a comment after hamilton that we can't just turn up and expect to win..Not being there and knowing exactly what was said it's hard to say but saying that I can't help but think he has spoken a few home truths.. If he did have a go at the manager though then Warburton would need to make an example but what caused Barton to have a go at Warburton?

If he's like his pressers he's still looking for a spine and easily offended. Not management material from where I'm sitting.

What goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.  Can't understand folk needing to know everything that's discussed by management and players.  I couldn't care less what goes on as long as they get it sorted on the pitch. Barton has effectively been suspended and I'm sure it was for more than telling some of his team mates they played below par.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

If a player face to faces you he is out the door. You can't have that as it undermines your authority. 

If you go head to head with a manager than yeah I totally agree you should be shown the door. As the face to face confrontation hasn't been confirmed I just took the post to mean that Warburton is making Joey a scapegoat over a heated argument and taken the opportunity to isolate him to divert attention away from his own failings. 

3 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Lads just home from work....heard barton statement. Whats the latest on what has happened please?

Barton said a few things some didn't like it Warburton sent him home.

according to the record he went head to head with the manager after Warburton tried to intervene in this discussion

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

What goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.  Can't understand folk needing to know everything that's discussed by management and players.  I couldn't care less what goes on as long as they get it sorted on the pitch. Barton has effectively been suspended and I'm sure it was for more than telling some of his team mates they played below par.

Finally someone gets it. 

7 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Is Joseph Anthony going to say anything other than this? He is a walloper and should learn his place. He's lucky to be here and has undermined his manager and teammates with this statement. He should have kept his head down and kept quiet until he is dealt with on Monday. Instead he cannot help his self. I blame the apartheid schooling he received - gobshite.

Joseph Anthony?? That you trying to be clever cos he's Catholic? You not like Mols Albertz Amoruso Gattuso Van Brockhorst .. Actually I could go on for a while totally irrelevant. Lucky to be here? He turned down the EPL to be here. only one walloper here and it's not Barton 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He won't stay off social media as this is the path he will go down when football is over for him, he's clearly an intelligent guy but common sense is severely lacking when it comes to decision making.

This intellect guy pish makes me laugh. He is a thick footballers idea of what an intellegent guy should look and act like.

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Fucking gobsmacked by how many are taking JB statement at face value. You don't get dropped, sent home and told that your manager is backing others before you for "harsh words".  Harsh words? Fuck me have you heard the language in a changing room on a good day?! And even if you did get sent home for that it would be a culmination of a number of things.

Managers, in any walk of life, don't snap for one off incidents.....it's always a series of things. 

A sponsor I know says that if you remember all the rules that the players put in place for themselves last year? JB has, allegedly, been breaking a lot of them in terms of disrespecting others, acting billy big baws, disrupting analysis sessions and esp given that his performances have been shite, that basically, nobody likes him. In short, he's really fucking disruptive and with MW sticking by him in the team, that this is getting more of an issue with rest of the team.

All of which is why I concluded that MW has made a huge statement here by sending him home. Privately. He's giving him a chance to come back cap in hand but is also showing his squad that he backs them and that JB is not bigger than them, him or the club. 

Totally agree with this 100% there will be alot more on it than we are told

4 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Yes , it was for me, ....I'm a primadonna and even though a professional would respect the clubs wishes and keep disciplinary action private ,I can't help but tweet to my 3m followers my side, ps kiss the badge watp!

How do you know the club never gave him permission to tweet about it and play it down?

How do you know that his statement isn't the reason the club haven't spoke out about it themselves because they wanted to let the player speak about it himself?

You don't know any of this, none of us do so don't try and tell us what the clubs wishes are :lol:

1 hour ago, JamesRFC__ said:

If you go head to head with a manager than yeah I totally agree you should be shown the door. As the face to face confrontation hasn't been confirmed I just took the post to mean that Warburton is making Joey a scapegoat over a heated argument and taken the opportunity to isolate him to divert attention away from his own failings. 

That's pure supposition. 

45 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Or are they both right? Why did this escalate? Sending him home till Monday was bad management in my opinion.

I can see where you coming form with this, but MW is not a stupid man and he must have had a really justified reason to do so.

I don't think he would have made  this decision lightly, particularly after the flack he has been taking. Joey seems to have accepted his part in this, so hopefully an olive branch can be thrown between him and the squad and we move on.