Joey sent home

scottjf82

Having had time to think about it and read Joey's side I really find it hard to believe that it is the "old Joey Barton".

I actually think we have a player here who yes, probably did underestimate the league, which has shown in his performances, but who sees this as an opportunity to win trophies and be remembered in a team who won leagues and took us back to Europe. He knows his time is running out and lets face it he's always been passionate footballer. 

Throw in a Rangers die hard who knows the club inside out and just got gubbed at Parkhead, there is bound to be fireworks especially when MW always talks about players having their own talks after games.

Barton's never been one to mince his words regardless of his conduct on or off the park and with Halliday, rightfully so fucking fuming, like we all were at getting beat off the tims then words were bound to be said. I think it's good they've got it off their chest just now and not in April and I hope we'll kick on from here instead of crumbling. 

We need to be strong here, especially if we win on Saturday because if we do and Barton is in the team for the sheep game and we drop points we know this disharmony rubbish will continue. 

Reflecting will give Barton time to have a think about his game up here and hopefully he changes it a bit and has even  more desire to be successful here. There's still a place for him here and I believe in both players, especially players who want to fight for the jersey, like it sounds like on both sides

I don't give a monkeys who said what to who. I also couldn't care less about who released what first and where.

The bottom line is this squad better find some harmony and some form toot fucking sweet.

Let's hope it's like the fight we all had with the guy who then became our best pal at school because you both showed you weren't to be messed with. Anything else and this season is a write-off.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The headmaster anology is shite. Headmasters are employed to help develop young minds nowadays.  They aren't authoritarian,  no more corporal punishment. Positive reinforcement and developing young minds. If anything you are inadvertently praising MW. 

Stop going all Pink Floyd The Wall part 2, it's 2016 not the 70's. 

What age is MW?

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

I have a gut feeling senior players and anyone who has achieved in the game will have little respect for MW. 

He should pick players that want to work for him then, till he starts to get respect. You have to earn respect its not something suddenly thrust upon you and MW is no different. Just ask Mr McCoist.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a hurdle every manager faces in every profession.

4 minutes ago, markem said:

A person can be suspended with immediate effect folowing an incident or however long it takes for the appropriate investigation to take place to determine suspension is appropriate.  There is no 'usual' - certainly not in my experience.

If Joey Barton has been suspended with conditions that he has then just blatantly ignored he is far more stupid than I thought (and believe him to be)

Emm, usually getting suspended means 'with immediate effect' I've never heard of of  disciplinary action, when someone gets suspended...a week next Tuesday!

and yes ,it is usually 3 days, 3 days to investigate any allegations.

6 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I have a gut feeling senior players and anyone who has achieved in the game will have little respect for MW. 

That certainly wasn't the impression I got from Barton when he first joined, in fact, quite the opposite. MW was a big + for him. A guy like Barton will know a lot of people in the game and will have been able to get a good idea of who MW was and what he was all about.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He should pick players that want to work for him then, till he starts to get respect. You have to earn respect its not something suddenly thrust upon you and MW is no different. Just ask Mr McCoist.

It's not a bad thing, it's just a hurdle every manager faces in every profession.

What on earth does "achieved anything in the game" mean? Unless any of the Rangers squad have achieved anything as manager it's irrelevant. Mourinho had to earn his respect, was never a player. 

And let's face it? What have any of the current Rangers squad done in football? Barton has won nothing in his career. The biggest clubs he played for all got rid of him. He was playing in the championship last season. 

This site has some real nut-cases on it nowadays. I've read through most of this thread and some people are using it to have a petty dig at the board, others for a dig at Warburton, others for a dig at Halliday. It is becoming more and more difficult to tell who is a Rangers fan, who is a Timposter and who is just pathologically anti Dave King and the board. All this without knowing all the facts.

*sigh*

Anyway, I guarantee that *if* JB is punted he won't keep quiet about it. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Who's upset? MW doesn't put fokd oforever hegativesefmy table. Now the Surrender without a fight? Do you make up shite for a ldoonving? You are clearly no leader nor do big picture and obviously spend your time on selective reading to suit your agenda as you don't posses an original thought in that brain of yours.

You obviously have an incoherent plan A and no plan B, so maybe you could be Mark's new number 2.

No do want another shovel so you can dig quicker?

Outstanding stuff.  And I have still to read you posting anything other than a negative post about our club? Yes we all have opinions and I do respect your but dont agree all IS forever negative. As for being a leader I dont know what constitutes being one but IF employing over 85 people making sure each have wages every week then I may be on the ladder. When the buck stops with me as I dont have a boss other than her INdoors without a shovel IN sight.