Joey sent home

scottjf82

Just now, denya said:

I honestly think this has just blown out of proportion. It sounds like just a usual heated disagreement on the training field between two players that care. Nothing more nothing less. I think as someone else said on here just to give them both the 24hrs to cool off and then get back on with it.  also didn't think anything Joey said on the radio was bad either. 

Its the point that he took to the radio and twitter in the 1st place that's the point....not what he said. And anyone who believes he's been sent home for cross words is fucking crazy. 

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Its the point that he took to the radio and twitter in the 1st place that's the point....not what he said. And anyone who believes he's been sent home for cross words is fucking crazy. 

That is the modern world now though and Joey is outspoken, it is just his personality. Going on Twitter is almost as normal now as drinking water.. 

It is the modern world.

Just now, evenstevens said:

Players have been sent home from training in Football before for a lot less. 

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

It's at this point i am going to ask you what your point is?

He's always used twitter and the radio! They knew what they were signing up for, or they fucking should have.

And in doing so he knew what he was doing and the repercussions. And did it anyway. 

We played horrifically embarrassingly bad vs that lot. I would like to think they are all having words with each other. All of them should be angry right now and going out and winning the next league game. It isn't complicated. 

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

We played horrifically embarrassingly bad vs that lot. I would like to think they are all having words with each other. All of them should be angry right now and going out and winning the next league game. It isn't complicated. 

I think we probably disagree on it being as simple as JB making it out to be. I think there will be tons we dont know around the manager and I would bet he was told not to put anything on twitter or give interviews. I may be wrong but we will see. 

I think we probably disagree on it being as simple as JB making it out to be. I think there will be tons we dont know around the manager and I would bet he was told not to put anything on twitter or give interviews. I may be wrong but we will see. 

If he was told that, then it's a slam dunk that his contract will be torn up.

Would be surprised if that's the case though.

Its a massive fuck up. Who knows whos to blame, we might not find out for a while depending on what spin the club put on it.

Unfortunately MW and his team must take some responsibility. He knew, like we all did, that the boys a plank. He took some advice off his pal at Burnley and went with it. High profile, big wages, but going to take us to the next level....MW has got it wrong on every level.( so far).

This could take a while to sort out with the Scottish media lapping this up, stirring the pot and at the same time Barton doing his bit. 

Regardless whats happened the guy thinks hes big time, all the chat on twitter about how fucking awesome he is. 

Lets hope we fucking murder them tmr, get a result and start concentrating on getting our shit together on the park.

45 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think we are very much in the minority on this thread, but I agree it was who leaked the story that is to blame for Barton turning to what he apparently uses on a daily basis (I am not on twitter) to defend the stories that he had punched either other players or MW. Now if it turns out that he has then I will hold up my hands and say I got it wrong, but unless someone can prove that I think he is getting a hard time at the moment.

We need to remind ourselves that it was MW who signed Barton and both he and Frank McParland must have known what they were getting.

This is a clusterfuck and it is adding to my concerns about MW, I hope I am wrong because he seems a really nice bloke and will be hoping for a convincing win tomorrow but alarm bells are ringing in the distance, I hope they go away and we get back to winning ways.

(tu)

Top post bud, and as usual fair and honest. I think and hope it is all a storm in a teacup, and can be resolved regardless of opinions and egos on all sides, and whatever the outcome something good arises from the situation.

:uk:

6 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Its a massive fuck up. Who knows whos to blame, we might not find out for a while depending on what spin the club put on it.

that would require the club to grow a set and actually release a worthwhile statement regarding it, instead we'll no doubt get bits and pieces "leaked" to our courageous friends at the daily record from within the walls of ibrox

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

Top post bud, and as usual fair and honest. I think and hope it is all a storm in a teacup, and can be resolved regardless of opinions and egos on all sides, and whatever the outcome something good arises from the situation.

Cheers mate, 3 points tomorrow and this sorted on Monday would be great. :thumbup:

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

that would require the club to grow a set and actually release a worthwhile statement regarding it, instead we'll no doubt get bits and pieces "leaked" to our courageous friends at the daily record from within the walls of ibrox

Bollocks.

You have heard the story about Goram knocking Gough out with one punch?

If you did hear that story where did you hear that story from? Do you believe it?

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Bollocks.

You have heard the story about Goram knocking Gough out with one punch?

If you did hear that story where did you hear that story from? Do you believe it?

completely different eras ffs, no social media or anything back then, nowadays clubs need to be on the ball when it comes to stories given all it takes is one tweet from a worker who witnesses it first hand as it happens and its news by lunchtime, 20 years ago the media had to print it for the next day etc

the fact that the ONLY explanation as to why one of our highest profile players has been sent home for a week was a twitter post by the player himself speaks volumes about the courage the current custodians of the club have, they should have dealt with this asap, tomorrows game will now focus on this and not about us at all

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

completely different eras ffs, no social media or anything back then, nowadays clubs need to be on the ball when it comes to stories given all it takes is one tweet from a worker who witnesses it first hand as it happens and its news by lunchtime, 20 years ago the media had to print it for the next day etc

the fact that the ONLY explanation as to why one of our highest profile players has been sent home for a week was a twitter post by the player himself speaks volumes about the courage the current custodians of the club have, they should have dealt with this asap, tomorrows game will now focus on this and not about us at all

I see were your coming from, but I don't think the club need to say anything about it. 

I'm happy for the club to try and keep it in house. 

Barton has always used twitter, and the club must have known he would come with that baggage.

In an ideal world Barton would realise that more often than not things are best kept in the dressing room.

This hasn't been dealt with well, but the post count on this forum on this issue is mental.

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Cheers mate, 3 points tomorrow and this sorted on Monday would be great. :thumbup:

(tu)

For sure, that is what we all want Bud.

(I have ran out of likes pal, but as soon as the powers that be dish out my quota I'll bung you a few ...... :wink: ...... "Know what I mean 'Enry")

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

(tu)

For sure, that is what we all want Bud.

(I have ran out of likes pal, but as soon as the powers that be dish out my quota I'll bung you a few ...... :wink: ...... "Know what I mean 'Enry")

No problem with the likes, 3 goals and a clean sheet tomorrow will do for me. :thumbup: