***The official Rangers vs. St Johnstone match thread***

Just now, Jb85 said:

That was a much better performance than I can remember. Attacked pretty well, loads of chances to put the ball away. 

In the first half, yea I agree, second half, they easily bullied us, and we were lucky not to get beat.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

St.Johnstone more than matched us at Ibrox.  Let that sink in.

IThey beat us 3-1 last year. We need to realise the limitations of this squad. The sad truth is that lesser teams will come to Ibrox this season and get a result. 

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

10 league games

16 points

12 scored 

12 conceded

unacceptable.

Only thing I'd say is that I think we would see a massive difference with the same players but in a narrower more solid formation that allowed full backs to bomb on. A 4231 or if teams really sitting in a 4132. We would avoid this farce where we cant get out.

Barry Mckay for all his faults can spot a pass hit a shot and beat a man. He's a classic number 10. Just gutted we persisting with this formation as it leaves us wide open and predictable.

1 minute ago, Jb85 said:

That was a much better performance than I can remember. Attacked pretty well, loads of chances to put the ball away. 

teams back of and let us play and we do fuck all with it, they contain us and then run over the top of us. its so predictable, all spfl managers have caught on. 

After an old firm loss you want a reaction from the team, you want them fired up and look to put things right. Well that's twice now that we've failed to see any sort of reaction from this Rangers side after such a result.

People say it's a work in progress or a 4 year plan. That may be the case, but instilling a fighting spirit and a fire in stomach is something that should be drilled into a team well before now. We looked weak out there - no conviction or incision and far to easily shrugged off the ball at times. In short, we look very easy to play against all over the park.

Chasing our tails at home. It's the McCoist years all over again

We have Kilmarnock at home Saturday and Ross county away the week after. These are games we should be winning and due to the amount of points we've dropped already we need to be winning. 

After that its an international break, if we fall any further behind Aberdeen/Hearts I hope the board have a meeting with Warburton and ask him if he really thinks he can take us any further or if the job is too big for him. 

Decent performance, we lack ingenuity in the final 3rd, could have scored loads, could have conceded loads. It takes something just a little different in  attack to make the difference, but we're not finding it. Kranjcar may well have that something but....I don't usually bleat about refs but he gave us nothing much and was mostly poor.

Just now, ThatNightInFlorence said:

We have Kilmarnock at home Saturday and Ross county away the week after. These are games we should be winning and due to the amount of points we've dropped already we need to be winning. 

After that its an international break, if we fall any further behind Aberdeen/Hearts I hope the board have a meeting with Warburton and ask him if he really thinks he can take us any further or if the job is too big for him. 

the Killie team that beat sjohnstone last week

how long are we going to continue with this 4-3-3 pish? its just doesn't work at this level with the players we have got.  We will not score enough goals every game to continually beat teams because we simply haven't the players to do it and this system leaves us too open so we continually leak goals and have to chase games. Its fucking criminally obvious.

Just now, writingranger said:

Decent performance, we lack ingenuity in the final 3rd, could have scored loads, could have conceded loads. It takes something just a little different in  attack to make the difference, but we're not finding it. Kranjcar may well have that something but....I don't usually bleat about refs but he gave us nothing much and was mostly poor.

see this decent performance ? is this when S J let us have the ball on the edge of their box, they got their tactics spot on, the same as most other spfl teams.