Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

Is there half a chance of drawing breath and looking at what the fuck is going on? Have the club confirmed the level of cuts required from the playing squad? No. Have the club confirmed the salary cut for the players being reported? No. Is that twat Lament from the Biased Broadcasting Corporation wallowing in the attention only The Rangers can bring? Yes. Do not give the fannies the credence they crave and definitely do not deserve..

people need to calm down.

Wage cut will be the first option, dependent on uptake or lack of it then players will be sold.

Do I want to see the likes of Lee Wallace leave? No but if his wage is deemed too high then the tough decision will have to be made for the sake of the club.

I'm really annoyed that McCoist has splurged on squad players tbh specifically in areas we didnt need such as another goal keeper, left back cover etc

We need to sell all the players who can attract a fee, ie Wallace, Black, Mohsni, Daly, Temps and Shiels IMO. I know the board should be taking wage cuts, but let's be realistic. Reckon we could get 3million for the lot and a further 3million in saved wages. There's 6m right away. No-one will take them though. Worrying times

It would not have hurt them to take a drop in wages, not for the board but for the club and us fans. Costs need to be cut as we know, this will come back and bite the players in the arses. 6 to 7m a year the squad is costing us, so we the fans will start demanding more and the first bad performance all hell will break loose. I feel they could lose a lot of fans support. We are giving our last, while the players are not the worst offenders, someone somewhere needs to stand up and help this great club.

As my previous post highlighted, you cannot lay this at Alkys door alone ... the board (old & new) are also culpable in this.

Again, are the board leading way ... have they offered to take a similar 15% pay cut or is the pain only to be shared by the players & non playing staff ??

It's weird how the suits have fucked up majorly but still folk want to have a dig at Jig and Ally.

38000 ST sales 22 million from share issue , sponsorship deals , lowest wage bill in years less than 30% of turn over , but its Jig and Allys fault , amazing what planet some of our fans are on

Is there half a chance of drawing breath and looking at what the fuck is going on? Have the club confirmed the level of cuts required from the playing squad? No. Have the club confirmed the salary cut for the players being reported? No. Is that twat Lament from the Biased Broadcasting Corporation wallowing in the attention only The Rangers can bring? Yes. Do not give the fannies the credence they crave and definitely do not deserve..

Correct, I'll wait till the club make it clear what's going on before I panic, for the past week or so we've been sailing in calm waters then something happens that we all knew was coming and suddenly it's all doom and gloom.

We need to sell all the players who can attract a fee, ie Wallace, Black, Mohsni, Daly, Temps and Shiels IMO. I know the board should be taking wage cuts, but let's be realistic. Reckon we could get 3million for the lot and a further 3million in saved wages. There's 6m right away. No-one will take them though. Worrying times

temps & wallace are the only ones worth selling.

As my previous post highlighted, you cannot lay this at Alkys door alone ... the board (old & new) are also culpable in this.

Again, are the board leading way ... have they offered to take a similar 15% pay cut or is the pain only to be shared by the players & non playing staff ??

I dont disagree with what you say

The actual squad cost for the amount of money we bring in isnt really that bad imo, we are a football club first and foremost afterall

It's weird how the suits have fucked up majorly but still folk want to have a dig at Jig and Ally.

Suits fucked up, but not the majority at the helm now. Wallace has impressed me.

Ally requested the players that were signed (or at least had input) and is still continuing to pressure the board for more funds through his 'can't fill the bench' embarrassment.

Added to this, the vast sums of money and shares he's had, and his lack of ability to produce a capable side and therefore need to buy his way out of trouble - he certainly hasn't helped us financially.

Jig isn't the sharpest tool in the box, and certainly doesn't keep the best company. Would be happy to see him off the wages bill.

The problem is that this move looks desperate.

It looks like its a case of 'take a 15% cut or we are going to admin'!

We should not be asking our players to take a cut, its just not done. We should sell players or release players with a pay off to reduce overall cost, but no financially stable business especially a football club asks their staff to do this unless they are desperate!

So how do we sell or release players when it is unlikely anyone can match the stupid wages Rangers are paying out? I presume the players can knock back any offers and see out their contracts. Paying double or triple a player's wage from the SPL is like putting golden handcuffs on. Who negotiated these wages in the first place?

I hope admin is a low chance but if it comes to that, take the points penalty when the league is wrapped up and start fresh in the next league up.

Would that be classed as a Freudian slip?!

Would have very much preferred that all areas where the Board were looking at cuts or sounding people out about them had remained private to the Club until the Club itself had completed its work and disclosed the details of cuts to be applied. But there we are, our Club has a recent and unhelpful history of leaks (deliberate or not).

As for the cuts, it seems to me that a CEO and Board would carry out an all points of the compass review of potential areas, starting with big ticket items like wages - all wages and not just the wages of playing staff, and going with this would presumably be decisions on which jobs are retained and which are not retained. If jobs at Ibrox go (I mean in relation to non-playing staff) then that would also be likely to be a big enough story. But Green and Mather Boards took a view of looking to retain the 'people' infrastucture at Ibrox to avoid having to rebuild it when we get back to the top division. That decision was laudable in a way but always looked to like a move that may not have been wise because if it then emerged that cuts would be needed it would risk looking much more drastic and self-inflicted than it would have done if they had been made when we went to Div 3 last season. I would expect the CEO to investigate all sensible and credible options to achieve a balanced approach to the cuts that are needed. Pain shared including pain at senior exec levels. Reducing the player wage bill by selling would, in my view, have generated a much less hostile reaction.

Cuts are only one half of the coin though. The other half is what can the Board do (and what is the Board proposing to do) to generate extra revenue. For instance, naming rights for the Stadium went very quiet. Is it out of the question or could some form of acceptable deal be done?

The thing that makes this current 'pay cut' story really grate is that is has been made public. Wish this had been kept private within the Club so that when solutions for cuts (and additional revenue generation) had been finalised the whole package could have been issued by the Board and we'd all be able to form views based on the whole message and not just a bit of what might or might not be part of the cuts package.