Stuart Mccall Becomes Manager Till End Of Season.

STEPPS BOY

The club is unique

You are born to be a rangers fans, you don't become a fan

Very encouraged by recent events

Things to that effect

"people south of the border dont know this club - its an institution - your born a Rangers supporter - theres no other club like it".

Honestly it was stirring stuff. I have been googling like fuck trying to find it to post it but cant find it. One of the best off the cuff interviews about us I have ever seen.

Anything is better than our current situation but Stuart certainly wouldn't have been my choice. We need someone who can quickly pick up and transform a poorly performing team with players who are low in confidence, Stuart's record on that front - well quite simply he doesn't have a record, he's quit twice with other clubs when the goings got tough.

Do like the guy though and hope he proves me wrong for Rangers sake.

Hope to fuck someone puts it up on youtube, I don't have SSN. What in general was he saying?

'Some fans South of the Border don't understand just how big a Club Rangers are. It's an institution. A way of life. You don't choose to become a Rangers fan, you're born one.'

Along with saying he's encouraged by recent events. Mentioning the attendance last night. Talking about Greig and Smith being back at Ibrox.

I'm sure it'll turn up on youtube.

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want the job on a permanent basis. It's not long since he said he doesn't think he'd want a job that wouldn't give him the time to keep the Scotland job.

Maybe he's just going to try and take us up then pass us on.

I think it suits both parties perfectly. It's a fucking huge job needing done next year and the pressure will be on. Stuart knows he would have to give up his Scotland duties if he did get it permanently. So him being able to manage the Club he loves while not having that same pressure on him seeing as he can only use what he's got, then hand over the reigns at the end of the Season is perfect.

I'm sure if it goes well and he does leave at the end of the Season, that he'll be back at one point in his career.

'Some fans South of the Border don't understand just how big a Club Rangers are. It's an institution. A way of life. You don't choose to become a Rangers fan, you're born one.'

Along with saying he's encouraged by recent events. Mentioning the attendance last night. Talking about Greig and Smith being back at Ibrox.

I'm sure it'll turn up on youtube.

Love it

"people south of the border dont know this club - its an institution - your born a Rangers supporter - theres no other club like it".

Honestly it was stirring stuff. I have been googling like fuck trying to find it to post it but cant find it. One of the best off the cuff interviews about us I have ever seen.

Wallowing in self gratification. every football fan in the world thinks their club is the be all and end all, for goodness sake grow up.

I'm holding back from any sense of positivity just yet. I'll wait and see what his first team selection is and if we make any tactical changes because if we are served up the sane old shite then this appointment is utterly pointless.

New Board go for one of the old boys rather than an inspiring modern coach - bit of a concern. McCall deserves support all the same, and the hope is that he can transform the quality of performances until the end of the season. First big test for the new manager - will he immediately gut the backroom staff and the passengers in the squad (including McCulloch)? If he sticks with Kenny McDowall and Durrant, and fails to gut the playing squad, then I'll be worried. Hope he gets it right straight from the start.

Good short term appointment that was badly needed. Let's hope he can kick some of these players arses and get them to perform. Some of these charlatans will end up back in the lower leagues next year if they don't get their finger out. This should be hammered home at the first session.

Welcome back Stuart.

Good luck to him, wouldn't be my choice on a permanent basis but I'll happily be proved wrong should he do enough between now and the end of the season to land the job.

Board did well, it was obvious they had to act sooner rather than later