Accrington Stanley dragging their heels over Windass and Crooks

Essandoh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They can drag their heels all they want but come the 1st of July they have no say on what the guys can do. Technically they are still under contract so clearly they want to be dicks about this. They looked bad enough when the deal was done and now are doing themselves no favours.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Its been a long time since the agreement was signed so ample time has passed for the correct figures and fees to be agreed on, all seems a bit amateur.

I dont think it is, I think it's simply sour grapes. But in the end they're making themselves out to be pathetic, pissing off Rangers, and hindering the progress of young players that did a lot for them.

Ludicrous

Am sure josh old man will have plenty to say he's already let rip at Andy holt few times about way he's acted towards they 2 players since they signed pre contracts. Petty stuff and not helping these boys it's clear he's bitter as cos they moved to Scotland they never got a big fee for them. 

This should have been sorted out amicably by the club the deals were done 6 months ago, Warburton would have been wanting these lads training today I'm sure.

Accrington Stanley have refused permission for new Rangers signings Matt Crooks and Josh Windass to train until the Ibrox club agrees compensation and is paid in full for the pair.

Rangers signed pre-contract agreements with Windass and Crooks in January with both players committing to move to Ibrox in the summer.

Accrington's owner has told STV: "Until the compensation package has been agreed they are our players" but Rangers say the English club has "failed to provide" necessary detail to allow agreement to be reached.

Clubs must pay training compensation for players under the age 23 who move cross-border, providing the players have been offered new deals on the same or better terms than their current contracts.

English fourth-tier club Stanley are unhappy that no compensation has been agreed six months after the players announced their intent and have now taken action.

"We've written to Rangers informing them of our position and have copied in the FA and the Scottish FA," Holt told STV.

"Until the compensation package has been agreed they are our players, so they shouldn't be allowed to train with Rangers.

"We have them contracted until June 30."

A Rangers spokesperson told STV: "Rangers has always been willing to pay a compensation fee as determined by FIFA regulations.

"However, in order to confirm a figure Rangers needs Accrington Stanley to co-operate fully by providing some necessary detail.

"So far they have failed to provide this."

Holt added that there had been contact from Rangers but that he remained unimpressed.

"They've got two great players for nothing so the least they can do is pay up properly and stop playing games," Holt said.

"I believe they are up there in Glasgow. I have an email from Rangers requesting they train but I'm refusing permission until compensation is agreed."

In January, Holt was vocal in his displeasure over losing two key players for only a small compensation figure, while manager John Coleman criticised the players' moves, saying that they had "disrespected" fans when tweeting about their Rangers agreements.

I guess all we can do is just say fair enough and take them at a later date, it's only a couple of weeks. I know it's not the best but I say play their bluff. If they're not bluffing then we're not losing out that much. The club should stay out of this bickering, show it's too big for it and prepare as best it can until the lads come in.

48 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If there is a compensation issue pending, can the SFA block or hinder the players registration.  I'd put nothing past them.

If they can't agree on compensation, do both clubs not need to comply with a tribunal decision on it? However, in the meantime, the players can play as soon as their contracts start.

If Stanley are not just being pathetic arseholes they might have something to hide. Do we know if they have complied with everything their end to qualify for compensation? Offering improved deals in good time for example?