Warburton, Weir & McParland Statement

Guest Lloyd72

So either king "glib and shameless liar" has been telling porkies or Warburton has.

Personally I have my doubts anytime or board say anything, in fact if king said it was dry sunny and warm I'd go out in a raincoat with a big brolly.

I fear that the club will end up paying compensation for wrongful dismissal. More money that could have been saved.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but if the intent was there to leave and they were sounding out options, are you glad they're off regardless if we fkd up the process and jumped the gun?

I've wanted a manager/coaching staff change for a while but everything about how this has been handled is a complete embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

So which one is the smoke and mirrors statement to fool people and which one is for transparency?  

I was a big fan of Warburton met him on numerous occasions and yeah sounds boring but was a genuine nice guy. Thought the job did get to big and I'd personally have sacked him after the Ross County game. 

The thing that gets me about Kings statement was the length and total irrelevant information spouted in it. All us fans wanted first and foremost was to clear up reports of has he or hasn't he left.

Instead was going on about different issues such as his investment.

The fact that it was just a statement rather then a quick piece to Rangers tv suggests it's not as clear as it should be

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

I've wanted a manager/coaching staff change for a while but everything about how this has been handled is a complete embarrassment.

What have the board done wrong exactly? They resigned, tried to go back on it and we told them where to go, we released a clear statement clarifying what happened. The 3 stooges have thrown a bitch fit because they're out of a job and got no compensation.

I'm not a fan of this board but they're 100% in the right here.

My take on this is that Warburton may have been receiving offers from clubs and asked permission to speak to them, the board decided they wanted rid of him so came up with the resignation story. He was always going to go but i don't believe e resigned.

As much as Warburton had to go, this underhandedness is territory i don't want our club involved in but it was clear from the outset with Kings constant mouthing off and pressing the fans wanting to protest before he even got into position that our long held standards are gone and that is a very sad thing.

I think Warburton will win a settlement from the club, that King etc will pay to keep the case sealed and that this type of behaviour will persist as long as the current board are in place.

More money pissed down the drain because the useless fuckers at the top can't get their shit in check.

13 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Warburton's an extremely arrogant man, he could have easily assumed he was getting the job based on talks which did seemingly happen.

No talks seemingly happened according to forrest though .no matter how arrogant he is ,doubt he's chucking us for a job the media are touting him for ffs 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

My take on this is that Warburton may have been receiving offers from clubs and asked permission to speak to them, the board decided they wanted rid of him so came up with the resignation story. He was always going to go but i don't believe e resigned.

As much as Warburton had to go, this underhandedness is territory i don't want our club involved in but it was clear from the outset with Kings constant mouthing off and pressing the fans wanting to protest before he even got into position that our long held standards are gone and that is a very sad thing.

I think Warburton will win a settlement from the club, that King etc will pay to keep the case sealed and that this type of behaviour will persist as long as the current board are in place.

More money pissed down the drain because the useless fuckers at the top can't get their shit in check.

'this type of behaviour' 'more money pissed down the drain' There's absolutely no proof that the board have done anything wrong here ffs

Honestly some people go out their way to look for reasons to have a go at them

2 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

No talks seemingly happened according to for rest though .no matter how arrogant he is ,doubt he's chucking us for a job the media are touting him for ffs 

Forest aren't going to come out and admit to tapping him up are they?

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

What have the board done wrong exactly? They resigned, tried to go back on it and we told them where to go, we released a clear statement clarifying what happened. The 3 stooges have thrown a bitch fit because they're out of a job and got no compensation.

I'm not a fan of this board but they're 100% in the right here.

It wasn't done cleanly. Either we are firing them for misconduct or they submitted a formal resignation which was accepted. 

Neither happened.

Then we got statements issued by the board/chainman which were more about justifying their position and alleged investment rather than clarifying the status of the manager.

A fuck up. 

Just now, The Beast said:

It wasn't done cleanly. Either we are firing them for misconduct or they submitted a formal resignation which was accepted. 

Neither happened.

Then we got statements issued by the board/chainman which were more about justifying their position and alleged investment rather than clarifying the status of the manager.

A fuck up. 

You know for a fact they didn't formally resign I take it?

Aye there was unnecessary things in the statement but it gave us a detailed version of what happened. If you want to conveniently ignore that fire away.

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

'this type of behaviour' 'more money pissed down the drain' There's absolutely no proof that the board have done anything wrong here ffs

Honestly some people go out their way to look for reasons to have a go at them

Forest aren't going to come out and admit to tapping him up are they?

If they were indeed in talks with the three of them or the board .and as has been said the compensation was reduced supposedly.  Forrest could have said they spoke to us but the figures quoted weren't what they were looking for .or we weren't willing to let the three of them go 

There was a boardroom meeting with the agent.

King etc would have all been involved dates ,times, points of discussion etc would all have been noted and recorded as per usual with boardroom meetings.

But my point is you dont need a written letter for the termination of a contract

Good on them.  We are bigger and better than this pish we have been served for too  long 

34 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There is no way on this earth the board didn't seek legal advice on this. 

This is now twice MW has whored himself out to English clubs whom he thinks is better than what he is at. His charm and use of language from his city days is remarkable to listen to. 

Yet he still displays the mediocre mentality, highlighting a draw against cellic as a great achievement. 

I remember beating them with ease was normal

This is the board that only found out from the internet that they had the right to get the logos and trademarks back after the loan was repaid to sports direct.

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

If they were indeed in talks with the three of them or the board .and as has been said the compensation was reduced supposedly.  Forrest could have said they spoke to us but the figures quoted weren't what they were looking for .or we weren't willing to let the three of them go 

It wasn't Forest who tried to negotiate the compensation it was their agent. There's been nothing to say Forest had any contact with our board but every story says Warburton had talks with them. That would mean they went directly to him without Rangers say so, that's not allowed and they aren't going to admit to doing it.

Who is actually running the asylum?

I could not believe the media releases the Club  have issued. Even if they have evidence, there was no need to publicise it- in fact the manner in which they have gone about it could discredit any evidence they have. Who pays the court costs! Effectively it will be the fans.