*** The Official Rangers vs Hamilton Accies Match Thread ***

Hamilton were indeed poor but we never let them out their own half at times. So we nullified any possible tactic they could use and then implemented ours.  It's no coincidence that we got 4 today and all goals we had to work for when before murty there was so many last gasp wins.

in murtys games in charge we scored 13 more than warburtons team could manage over 6 games and then the new manager takes charge and we get 4 again something warburton couldn't manage this year.   It was only Hamilton but the signs are there

Great transitions from defence to attack.

Were very intelligent at playing balls into the channels to stop Hamilton just defending the width of the 18 yard box 

New invention from Set plays, including some longer throws.

Pressing and keeping a high line, we won the ball back really quickly and attacked at pace.

Few additions and this team could be good.

Midfielders were energetic and fullbacks got forward.  Toral was strolling the game and passing was good. Tav had a great game and really dominated the right hand side.  Wee Holt buzzed around everywhere should have scored though.

Would have liked the strikers to be more clinical but that is a tiny niggle.

Enjoy tonight ?s that was a good start to Pedro's reign.

:cheers:

2 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Hamilton were indeed poor but we never let them out their own half at times. So we nullified any possible tactic they could use and then implemented ours.  It's no coincidence that we got 4 today and all goals we had to work for when before murty there was so many last gasp wins.

in murtys games in charge we scored 13 more than warburtons team could manage over 6 games and then the new manager takes charge and we get 4 again something warburton couldn't manage this year.   It was only Hamilton but the signs are there

True mate. Hamilton started out trying to play into our half but we just took complete control and they couldn't hold possession for any length of time thereafter.

Was a good solid display from Rangers today. I'm happy with that and looking forward to playing some of the better sides once the new gaffer has settled in to see where we are really at under a more pragmatic system.

The rest of the season should give us a good indication of where we are and what's needed to get back to being champions.

Just in. Brilliant today, that's only the 2nd league game this year we've won comfortably and I had this level of contentment. Can actually enjoy a wee drink without having to suppress my disappointment.

only Hamilton but great start. Moved ball forward much quicker, got bodies in the box. Hill tremendous and Wilson good too. 2 up top and 4 across midfield definitely suits us better. 

Home happy today and today was the first game this season we never fell out of or looked like losing.

many good showings so I won't bore you with ones mentioned though I thought Waghorn was brilliant for us.

way too early to get excited but what I'm seeing is a manager who plays to our strengths and try's to exploit the weakness of other teams.

wee baz is in need of a rest though as his confidence is shot

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Just in. Brilliant today, that's only the 2nd league game this year we've won comfortably and I had this level of contentment. Can actually enjoy a wee drink without having to suppress my disappointment.

only Hamilton but great start. Moved ball forward much quicker, got bodies in the box. Hill tremendous and Wilson good too. 2 up top and 4 across midfield definitely suits us better. 

Forgot to mention Wilson who looked solid

44 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Thought our play was very quick today . Superb trying to get the ball back . Under MW ,at times we were quite happy to sit off and let opposition have the ball .

Very encouraging watching us .. I'm very comfortable with the team that is on the park now .

Good time for the Manager to access the others when we are winning so comfortably too

:tu:

Better defensively today up against a team that is pish but we have struggled against poor teams before,  I thought Miller should have  been off first as at one point was holding his back looked like he'd hurt it and struggled a bit after that.

Will take a while and a few transfer windows to see what Pedro can do but even today you can see he is prepared to move players about and change things to try to get more out of players.

Thought Toral and Holt did well protecting the defence.

It was good to see Wes moving quickly to get the ball back into play instead of holding on to the ball and desperately looking to find a way to play it out from the back, regardless of the risks.  His overall distribution was faster and more effective than I've seen. 

We were great to watch today. Delighted Pedro has got off to a flyer.

You can tell Pedro isn't obsessed with possession-based play like Warburton was and is more interested in progressing up the park using a variety of methods and keeping the opposition camped inside their own half.

He seems to like his wingers and full backs putting in plenty of crosses and we were unlucky not to score more from crosses.

He couldn't have asked for a better start. Now he has a couple of weeks before the next game to get some more of his ideas across.

Hardly a square ball played all game. Small adjustments like Waggy sitting in and Waldo a bit more active. Looked like subs were for tiredness reasons and not just to give everyone a game. 

Small but effective. It was Hamilton though, bigger tests to come. 

One thing I noticed more today is that we weren't making unnecessary pass backs to Wes, and so not inviting unnecessary pressure. I hope we never got back to that build from the back shite ever again. Defence maybe, keeper no. Cost us too many goals and arse twitching moments this season. 

Delighted with the performance today and hope it continues. 

Dominated the game from start to finish when's the last time we could say that?

Started well but we tended to do that under MW for first 15 and fall out the game. Not today kept it going for 90 and by HT we were home and dry.

Cant remember being so comfortable at HT in the league maybe Kilmarnock at home. Makes some difference not having to go into last 10 min needing a goal or heart in mouth when the opposition go forward.

Good start Pedro, more of the same ??