This summers rebuild mk5

K.A.I

After the last couple of weeks going from another massive false dawn, looking at the squad we've got then who stay's/go's/we cash in on/we release and who get's a stay of execution?

For me :

Foderingham - Look to cash in on. If we can get a few million in for him to help with our rebuild then I'm all for it.
Alnwick - Keep him for back-up if he's happy enough to continue and play his part.

Tav - Don't think we could afford a massive upgrade. Defensively lacking, but he's improved with Candaies playing in front of him. Keep.
John - We need to spend cash on a proper left-back, but I'd keep him as a squad option in reserve.
Cardoso - Sell. If we can claw back a couple of hundred grand and get him off the wage bill I'd be delighted.
Alves - Not played a lot, not been bad but not been great either. I think his times up at 35 and save us about 20k per week. Let him go.
Bates - Average defender but OK as back-up. Keep.
Hodson - Just release him and be done with it.
Martin - If he's willing to join permanently for free then I'd take him even if it's an under-whelming signing.
Wallace - Release him. Good servant but he's another decent earner we don't need. Goes with my best wishes.

Holt - Retain as squad option only.
Docherty - Retain as squad option.
Halliday - Release. No future.
Goss - Send straight back to QPR.
Dorrans - Second chance to show us what he can do injury free and in a proper formation/system.
McCrorie - A mainstay and future captain. 
Candaies - One of the first names on the teamsheet currently. 
Murphy - Get him signed.
Windass - Happy to keep hold of him although his consistency levels need to improve dramatically. 
Rossiter - Release. No future. Save about 18k per week in wages.
Krancjer - Contract up. Save about 15k per week in wages.
O'Halloran - No future. Try and get a couple of hundred grand from him off a Hearts, Motherwell or Aberdeen. 
Dalcio - Return to parent club. 
Jack - Retain as a squad option. 
Forrester - See if an English club wants to pick up his contract. Talented but no heart and bad attitude. 
Barjonas - Not keen on him but maybe a loan out would benefit him best.
Thompson - He's had several loans and came back and looked no nearer a first team player. Release. 
Pena - Tricky one. He had some talent, but he's on 26k per-week and due to his antics with the shorts he should never kick another ball for us. Looks like he won't be kept on in Mexico after his loan maybe an expensive parting of ways on the cards, sadly. 

Dodoo - See if an English club wants to pick up his contract, if not come to an arrangement that suits us both financially.
Miller - Similar to Wallace he's been a good service but release him.
Cummings - Sign him up.
Morelos - Anything over 7/8-million then sell to finance the rebuild.
Hardie - Awesome player for the youths/reserves but never looked ready for first team duties at all. Maybe a mental thing, but probably fair to let him go elsewhere for good of his career. 
Hererra - Got to the stage he's so far out of the picture we'd be daft not to take several hundred grand and about 10k per week in wages off our budget. 

I was wrong about so many of these guys. Before the celtic game I had real hope. I thought they had the talent but wasn't sure about the character and mentality of them. I was taken in too.

As we embark on something like our 6th rebuild in as many years, who would you keep/sell/cash in on and/or loan out?

We need 1 top class centre half.
A capable left-back.
1 maybe 2 central midfielders (depends on how Dorrans and McCrorie slot back in)
1 maybe 2 strikers.

and above all people with the right mentality and balls to play for our club. Winners. 

It's scary looking at that squad list how little some of them contribute and how much some of the non-performers cost us. 

Just now, Parlaneloyal said:

A few million for Foderingham really ???

No idea. I'm forever getting it rammed down my throat on here that we need to ask for top dollar for our players.

I think on his day we could get 2 or 3-million for him but we would have to cash in while he's on form. 

Would agree with just about all that but I still think Wallace has maybe a decent season left when fit and has been a good servant to club. Like you say another complete overhaul of playing squad and management needed. Can see Jimmy Nic taking over from Murty till season end if these results continue. Requires a new experienced manager with a hefty warchest to spend on a new squad with time to get it right in time for next season. Huge ask and most likely wont happen.

Same as last summer, midfield is the priority imo.  McCrorie may do a job in the key defensive midfield role but we really need somebody with a bit of creation in the nr10 role.  Wouldn’t come cheap but I’d rather we spent more money there than bring in 3 or 4 journeymen.

1 minute ago, CooperSF said:

Oh, how two weeks can change many a mind-set...

2 weeks is a long time in football. At Rangers or the celtic you are only as good as your last game and a couple of defeats from a crisis.

These players punched above their weight or maybe just papered over the cracks the last 6-games prior to the celtic match. They have been found out big time as has Murty who can't change anything and fails to learn lessons from his mistakes. I was taken in too. I won't make that mistake again.

2 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Priority has to he 3 new centre backs and they need to have pace. I would punt Alves, Bates, Martin and Cardoso. Any good team is built around a solid defence and this has been our problem for the last few seasons.

I think if we punt Martin Norwich might want a cut:winnings:

Another rebuild means another season we need to get the team to gel, and unfortunately we just don’t have the patience or the time for that. We should have been well on our way to competing for the title by now but we are stagnating as a second or third place team as things stand.

So for me, going through the positions:

Goalkeeper - Foderingham is far from perfect and hasn't been great especially the last few weeks, but I think we'd find it hard to find any better without spending a fortune. Not a massive problem area at the moment so I'd keep him.

Defence - we need two really decent centre halves for me and I'd keep Bates and Martin (if he signs permanently) as back up. Get Alves to fuck. Unless the opposition are just pinging high balls in to the box he's an absolute bomb scare. Get rid of Cardoso too. Tavernier is much improved defensively despite being shaky the last few games. With John for me again I think we'd struggle to get any better without spending a fortune. 

Midfield - I'd like to see us going in to next season with a group of hard working midfielders who can tackle and also have some creativity about them. I think Docherty, Dorrans, Murphy and Candeias fit that mould and McCrorie is probably the best defensive midfielder we have. If Windass can keep his discipline and stay up the park, hopefully with these guys playing behind him being a help, he can do that. A couple of more midfielders like I've described for squad depth would be ideal. 

Strikers - really torn on Morelos. I'd expect us to get plenty of offers in the summer (maybe not as high as the Chinese were offering previously mind you) so it's a tough one deciding to stick or twist. If we get any offers over £7m we should think about selling and helping to improve the squad as a whole. That being said I'd like to see him and Cummings playing together regularly if we can find a system to cater for this. I'd be absolutely baffled if Herrera, Miller and Hardie are still here next season. 

The most important signing this summer, however, will be the manager. Murty just doesn't have enough for me and has proven too many times that he cannot cope against other competent experienced managers. My faith is severely lacking in this board to get it right, but they're not stupid and will know that some fans aren't going to continue parting with their hard earned cash to witness the same pathetic shite year after year. 

2 central defenders are top priority. McCrorie and Dorrans return will improve our centre midfield. We need to bring in around 4 starters of good quality though in 2 CBs 1 AM/Wide mid and 1 Striker on top if what we currently have including the loans.

I would not call it a rebuild .... we just need to add a bit of quality to what we have. 

Foderingham- go if we can get a million or so, if not squad player. 

Tavernier- Starting 11

Bates- 3rd choice CB

Martin- 4th choice CB

Alves+Cardoso- Moved on. 

Wallace squad player

John- Starting 11

Hodson, Holt, Halliday, Kranjcar- Moved on. 

McCrorie, Dorrans, Docherty, Murphy- Starting 11 

Windass, Jack- Squad Player

Candeias- Starting 11

Morelos- anything over £8 million as long as it’s reinvested in the squad. 

Cummings- Starting 11. 

Miller, Dodoo, Herrera, MOH, and whoever else I’ve forgot can go. 

We’re really not that far away IMO. 

New Keeper

Tavernier New CB New CB John

Candeias Dorrans/McCrorie Docherty Murphy

Cummings Morelos/New striker

Bench- Foderingham, Martin, Bates, Windass, Jack. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Want to make a challenge and take the title:

Foderingham - Cash in. Not good enough.
Alnwick - Keep him for back-up .

Tav - I like all he's he's got going forward, but as a defender, not good enough. Will forever be exploited. Wouldn't accept being back up, so better we cash in.
John -Much like Tav, but as back up.
Cardoso - Get rid.
Alves - Get rid.
Bates - Keep as back up. May develop into a good un.
Hodson - Get rid.
Martin - Keep as back up.
Wallace - Get rid. Great servant, but cheerio.

Holt - Retain as squad option only.
Docherty - Retain as squad option.
Halliday - Get rid.
Goss - Get rid.
Dorrans - Get rid. A physio's dream.
McCrorie - A mainstay and future captain. 
Candaies - One of the first names on the teamsheet currently. 
Murphy - Get him signed.
Windass - Get rid. An unreliable luxury we can't afford. We need players switched on for 90 minutes for where we want to be.
Rossiter - Release. No future. Save about 18k per week in wages.
Krancjer - Contract up. Save about 15k per week in wages.
O'Halloran - No future. Lucky to get anything for him.
Dalcio - Return to parent club. 
Jack - Retain as a squad option. 
Forrester - Cheerio.
Barjonas - Cheerio.
Thompson - Cheerio
Pena - Pray for a miracle to get rid.

Dodoo - Get rid.
Miller - Similar to Wallace he's been a good service but release him.
Cummings - Sign him up.
Morelos - Unreliable as a main striker. Keep as back up, unless some super offer comes in, but I won't hold my breath.   Hardie - Get rid

Hererra - Get rid.

Last but not least: The Board - Get rid. Enough is enough. The single biggest obstacle to winnng anything for the next decade. 

Changed that.

From where I sit, we don't just need major changes in personnel, we need renewed. Rediscover who and WTF we are. Get the pride and the standards back. We've fucking played at it the last few years and we are an embarassment from top to bottom with this board of no integrity and no shame.

We need to get rid of what was broken from MW time, hence Wes and Tav. Wes is a no brainer, but as good as Tav is going forward, the weakness as a right back will will always remain. Bad enough it gets exploited in this backwater, but we talk Europe and we're just kiding ourselves on.

We need for once and for all to renew as THE Rangers, not some fucking kiddy on crew masquerading in blue jerseys. Every season it's fucking makeshift with those who should never be near the jersey.

Then the need for a manager. Someone with a track record of actually fucking winnng something

We do it at the end of this season, or forever be a diddy club with this board in charge and we then forever hold our tongues and accept our lot, as the level of whinging and hypocrisy is now of nuclear proportions and fucking embarassingly pointless.

The chance for change is now, but no doubt, silence in appeasement of this board will win the day. I can but only hope, that they have had enough as they realise they can afford us no more and the Close Bris loan I hope is a sign from God that they are on their way out!