Gerrard addressing physicality

Essandoh

24 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten one vital factor.................Scottish referees, look at the way they singled out Jack last season if we start getting physical the tarriers in black will make sure we don't finish many games with eleven men on the park. 

It's not about fouling but just not being pushed off the ball.  The amount of times last season we would meekly surrender possession just because the opposition were stronger physically.

14 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten one vital factor.................Scottish referees, look at the way they singled out Jack last season if we start getting physical the tarriers in black will make sure we don't finish many games with eleven men on the park. 

Will they though? Much higher profile now with SG at the helm and world wide interest in how it develops with him. Maybe now the playing field will be level.

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

It's not about fouling but just not being pushed off the ball.  The amount of times last season we would meekly surrender possession just because the opposition were stronger physically.

Been like that since Ally was the manager and worsened under MW, hopefully, we can consign that aspect of our play to the history books.

7 minutes ago, shaka said:

Last season the team were neither physically or mentally strong.  

It was glaringly obvious & the  rest of the league took full advantage.  

In fact that’s been the case for far too many seasons now. 

I did say Stevie G is the man. 

As a player, Gerrard was a Gladiator. He doesn't do prisoners. 

We are getting these players simply because of who and what Stevie G is.

Commercially we will make a killing this year. Every cunt wants to be part of what is about to befall this backwater. The Stevie G machine has arrived and he will show up this shitehole for what it is, much like Souness.

Hard as it is, to get through the group stages as in a minor miracle, I'm quiety confident. Won't be disapointed if we don't as the league title is everything and just can't fucking wait till the season kicks off.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I did say Stevie G is the man. 

As a player, Gerrard was a Gladiator. He doesn't do prisoners. 

We are getting these players simply because of who and what Stevie G is.

Commercially we will make a killing this year. Every cunt wants to be part of what is about to befall this backwater. The Stevie G machine has arrived and he will show up this shitehole for what it is, much like Souness.

Hard as it is, to get through the group stages as in a minor miracle, I'm quiety confident. Won't be disapointed if we don't as the league title is everything and just can't fucking wait till the season kicks off.

The Stevie G machine.???

Loving your new parody account mate.

4 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Says a lot about Warburton and Pedro that Gerrard has came in and immediately acknowledged and addressed our biggest issue while they fucked about trying to implement a passing style which doesn't work up here, especially when you sign the shite they signed.

What style do the cunts who have won the league for hopefully the last of however many seasons play?

Also, Pedro played a passing style?

I'm in favour of Gerrard's approach btw, as long as it's coupled with ability as you usually win fuck all with physicality alone. 

3 hours ago, HOPLITE said:

I doubt the gaffer is likely to just roll over and have his belly tickled like Warburton, Murty and Pedro. Yeah, let the refs try and cross his line, let's see how long that volcano bubbling goes before it explodes.

12 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I doubt the gaffer is likely to just roll over and have his belly tickled like Warburton, Murty and Pedro. Yeah, let the refs try and cross his line, let's see how long that volcano bubbling goes before it explodes.

Not sure how you can accuse Pedro of rolling over.  He spoke out constantly against the decisions going against us and the standard of refereeing in general.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Not sure how you can accuse Pedro of rolling over.  He spoke out constantly against the decisions going against us and the standard of refereeing in general.  

Nobody could understand the fucker so that hardly helps, maybe all his camels were not in line or some shit.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

About fucking time, we have sat for 4 years and watched our players get pushed about the pitch and in some cases well and truly raggydolled. 

Time for some payback. 

It's been at its worse over the last two years.  Warburton in particular neglected any sort of physicality when recruiting players in the pursuit of recreating a Barcelona type passing game.  Last season opposition players packed their midfields, got in amongst us, and we were overrun for the most part.  I remember Hibs first visit to Ibrox they looked the home team for large parts yet people still perpetuate this myth that teams just sit back against us.  A lack of physicality and competitiveness in midfield has been our biggest weakness in my opinion even more so than any defensive issue.

The most exciting thing about having three big CBs is the ability to constantly put them in the opposition penalty box during corners and free-kicks.  I remember MON's team use to do this with great effect.  It's not pretty but a headed goal is worth just as much as a brilliant piece of individual skill or close range finish after 50 passes.  

5 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Nobody could understand the fucker so that hardly helps, maybe all his camels were not in line or some shit.

People could understand him just fine.  He often spoke out about decisions against us and the standard of referring in general.  That you didn't like him doesn't mean it didn't happen and it's inaccurate to say he simply rolled over.  Pedro's speaking out about it had little to no impact and I doubt Gerrard repeating this would be any different.  It's easier to become a more physical team ourselves than to start a campaign attempting to change the way Scottish football is played.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

People could understand him just fine.  He often spoke out about decisions against us and the standard of referring in general.  That you didn't like him doesn't mean it didn't happen and it's inaccurate to say he simply rolled over.  Pedro's speaking out about it had little to no impact and I doubt Gerrard repeating this would be any different.  It's easier to become a more physical team ourselves than to start a campaign attempting to change the way Scottish football is played.  

Don't tell me what I feel about Pedro thank you very much, you have no idea how I feel about him regardless of how I write about him ever so briefly.

Pedro could have spoken out about anything and there was never a chance he was EVER going to be listened to by the officials or the governing bodies, he was a foreign Rangers manager and should not be here. He could have provided the cure for fucking cancer and they would have done fuck all about it.

Nobody cared about Pedro outside of Rangers at the time, well maybe the camels did I don't know about them.

SG is a different proposition entirely and he should be in the old series call Cheers, Everybody knows his fucking name!

I’ve said for a while now the ability our budget allows us to bring in ,the players can’t be small and weak eg if Jason holt still had his capabilities ability wise but was 6ft 3 and built like a tank he’d be much much better than he was , wee need to bring in big strong lads coz even although their ability won’t be top notch there’s no way the opponents in the SPL are brushing aside 7 or 8 warriors in Rangers tops , back in the day wee had a small midfield of Ferguson , mendes , Davis and Thomson but they were all top notch footballers so their size didn’t matter, nowadays big hairy ersed feckers with a wee bit ability is the way forward on our budget 

16 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Height isn’t everything but it’s clear to see that the manager has realised how badly we failed to compete with teams physically last year. McGregor, Arfield and Murphy aside, so far we’ve brought in:

Flanagan 6ft, Ejaria 6ft, Coulibaly 6ft, Goldson 6ft3.5, Sadiq 6ft3.5, and Katic 6ft4.

The Retard is claiming today that Coulibaly is 5’ 7’’ , whereas Wikipedia claims 6ft.

Foxsports claim he is 5’ 9’’. 

This guys one a large collection of boots by any chance? Borrowed some from Elton John?