Ibrox refurbishment, the next stage

rabc10000

not seen this posted yet so thought i would take the opportunity

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2913662/ibrox-planning-permission-refurb-repairs-Rangers-council/

Rangers have been handed a boost after plans for the second stage of the Ibrox refurbishment were approved.

The recladding of external roofs on Gers‘ stadium’s Broomloan and Copland Road stands was given the go-ahead by Glasgow City Council chiefs on Friday.

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW

Rangers chairman Dave King vowed to make Ibrox a stadium fans can be proud of

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

The planning application was submitted last December

The application was submitted on December 15 last year.

That came just two weeks after chairman Dave King admitted the club had spent a lot of money carrying out Ibrox repairs.

Speaking at the Gers AGM, King said: “A lot of the work we’ve done over the last couple of years has probably not rightly been termed ‘improvements’.

“I think what we’ve done is refurbishing and repairing a stadium that had become dilapidated to get it back to being fit for purpose and something Rangers supporters should be proud of.

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The Sandy Jardine Stand is completely overclad with a 40yr cladding warranty. The stands behind the goals are next along with the GRP sheeting on the sides. Undersides of all three stands will be done bit by bit in small stages 

Pity Fat Mike didnt feel like doing anything but let's keep ripping into King meantime ?

How the fuck did I miss it. Bloody telescope.

20 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

The Sandy Jardine Stand is completely overclad with a 40yr cladding warranty. The stands behind the goals are next along with the GRP sheeting on the sides. Undersides of all three stands will be done bit by bit in small stages 

Pity Fat Mike didnt feel like doing anything but let's keep ripping into King meantime ?

King, Sir Minty and the Hairdo, slashed the budget for the upkeep of the stadium when they were here the last time and it was never put right  

So aye we can rip into him. 

11 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Turn the blooming thing round to the correct way Inigo n take the protective cap off it mate 

Take it away from the good looking nurse's bedroom window more like..

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

any ideas on how much money all in would the club be looking at  for a FULL refurb of ibrox??  would it not make more sense to look at building a new 60k+ seater stadium???

Forget a new stadium. Ibrox is irreplaceable and iconic. A few refurbs here and there it will be restored. The inside, particularly the main stand, needs a lick of paint over the hand railings, steps etc. 

9 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

any ideas on how much money all in would the club be looking at  for a FULL refurb of ibrox??  would it not make more sense to look at building a new 60k+ seater stadium???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

52 minutes ago, Inigo said:

How the fuck did I miss it. Bloody telescope.

We sat in CD4 for the Bury game and you can see the difference with the new cladding. Still the front section to do and reinstall the lettering.

Will be good to see the other two stands done. Would love to see the yellow screens replaced with blue ones but I doubt that'll happen probably just clear ones.

23 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Forget a new stadium. Ibrox is irreplaceable and iconic. A few refurbs here and there it will be restored. The inside, particularly the main stand, needs a lick of paint over the hand railings, steps etc. 

Exactly.

Spend top dollar refurbishing the concourses and toilets, stadium surrounds and Edmiston House.

The Copland and Broomloan are easy modernised by putting glass or screen cladding over the backs of them and recladding Argyle House. 

Last thing I want is Ibrox looking like a Meccano set like so many other stadiums.

We could do with a larger capacity stadium. If we're cutting away allocation to a wee corner then we could go up to 60-65,000. Money's no there right now though and honestly I don't want them to change the stadium too much. Keep the same appearance but add an extra tier around broomloan/jardine/copland so that all 4 stands have 3 tiers. 

I'm no an architect so no got a scooby if it's possible or how much would be needed. Let's just focus on restoring the stadium. 

1 minute ago, NornIronBear said:

Exactly.

Spend top dollar refurbishing the concourses and toilets, stadium surrounds and Edmiston House.

The Copland and Broomloan are easy modernised by putting glass or screen cladding over the backs of them and recladding Argyle House. 

Last thing I want is Ibrox looking like a Meccano set like so many other stadiums.

? It makes you wonder why the club didn't utilise the offer of supporters willing to help (can't recall the ins and outs of it). Jobs like the touching up railings and steps with some paint aren't exact skill reliant. 

I would think, however, one of the more costly jobs will be refurbing the exterior of the main stand. Noticed it on Friday, its in bad nick and something needs done about it.

6 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

? It makes you wonder why the club didn't utilise the offer of supporters willing to help (can't recall the ins and outs of it). Jobs like the touching up railings and steps with some paint aren't exact skill reliant. 

I would think, however, one of the more costly jobs will be refurbing the exterior of the main stand. Noticed it on Friday, its in bad nick and something needs done about it.

I would imagine due to its listed status all we can do to the main stand is replace the glass and repaint all the metal work.

Biggest thing that would help the main stand would be to pedestrianise Edmiston Drive.

13 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

I would imagine due to its listed status all we can do to the main stand is replace the glass and repaint all the metal work.

Biggest thing that would help the main stand would be to pedestrianise Edmiston Drive.

I am sure that Glasgow City Council would be very keen to assist with any scheme to upgrade Edmiston Drive.

17 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

Surely be able to refurb the brickwork despite its listed status? It is looking aged these days. Maybe it will only need a clean anyway, but it looks neglected.

4 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Surely be able to refurb the brickwork despite its listed status? It is looking aged these days. Maybe it will only need a clean anyway, but it looks neglected.

The main stand? The main stand brickwork looks fine. It's clean and it's holding up well.