Gerrard and Jack : Match Reactions

Virtuoso

He's absolutely right in what he says about the only player who looks a threat being Morelos. It's his job now to either find better in January or getting the players who are already there to significantly up their game.

Still think being 4 points behind our rivals for the title is recoverable at this stage, but we really should be winning games like tonight. Saying that, I'd not be surprised to see Killie taking points off them and Hearts too before the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I’m no even listening to him 

I’m sure it was warburtonesque 

To be honest it wasn't. Effectively said we were shit and made no excuses. Warburton, Pedro etc would talk in cliches and i'll concede I probably bought into some of their chat! They would always avoid the elephant in the room though and at times were a bit deluded, wet and pathetic. Gerrard IMO knows this isn't anywhere near good enough.

Knowing we were shit, saying we were shit and rectifying how shit we were is another matter completely though, and of course he is culpable in this too but some players need to take a long hard look at themselves. The only way to change things is by winning and winning some more. 

31 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

He looks tired. Not even halfway through the season and the man looks exhausted.

Also the good managers don’t blame the players they protect them. I cannot for the life of me see how blaming the players will get a reaction.

13 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

He's absolutely right in what he says about the only player who looks a threat being Morelos. It's his job now to either find better in January or getting the players who are already there to significantly up their game.

Still think being 4 points behind our rivals for the title is recoverable at this stage, but we really should be winning games like tonight. Saying that, I'd not be surprised to see Killie taking points off them and Hearts too before the end of the season.

Too right mate . Good positive post .

36 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Well do something about it Steven.

Cant keep saying it’s not good enough and the next game nothing changes and it’s the same shit.

He made four changes tonight. He made early substitutions. He can't do anything until January transfer window. He lambasted them in the media after Aberdeen and I'm sure much worse in private collectively and individually. What do you suggest he does about it?

I nearly did not listen after reading the comments, but I did listen and he certainly was honest about the game and the semi final at the weekend. The problem is I think we have too many players who do not have the winning mentality, they have been losers playing for us in the past and I have yet to see enough from many of the new players that they want to be winners.

I have no idea where we go from here because Stevie cannot seem to get a majority of the players he picks in his team to play to a standard required to win games like tonight. 

Walking the 15 minutes back to the car tonight in the pishing rain and getting more drooket by the minute, I realised we are in for another long season ahead. I fear the tarriers will win the league and dare I say it, a triple treble, that fucking hurts even thinking about it but that is what is staring us in the face. :headwall:

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He made four changes tonight. He made early substitutions. He can't do anything until January transfer window. He lambasted them in the media after Aberdeen and I'm sure much worse in private collectively and individually. What do you suggest he does about it?

It’s his team, he bought them.

he spent 2 million not long ago on a player he doesn’t play.....

We don’t have unlimited funds either 

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I nearly did not listen after reading the comments, but I did listen and he certainly was honest about the game and the semi final at the weekend. The problem is I think we have too many players who do not have the winning mentality, they have been losers playing for us in the past and I have yet to see enough from many of the new players that they want to be winners.

I have no idea where we go from here because Stevie cannot seem to get a majority of the players he picks in his team to play to a standard required to win games like tonight. 

Walking the 15 minutes back to the car tonight in the pishing rain and getting more drooket by the minute, I realised we are in for another long season ahead. I fear the tarriers will win the league and dare I say it, a triple treble, that fucking hurts even thinking about it but that is what is staring us in the face. :headwall:

Grim.

33 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

In fairness to Gerrard he's brutally honest and is pretty much spot on in his assessment. However, he and the players have to do something about it and quickly. 

He started off taken the blame for Sunday, then went on to blame the players. he's now just continued to blame the players tonight. 

Nobody is performing!

But praise Tav & Halliday!

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It’s his team, he bought them.

he spent 2 million not long ago on a player he doesn’t play.....

We don’t have unlimited funds either 

He's had one transfer window and was left with a team of absolute shite. What are u honestly expecting? 

6 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

He's had one transfer window and was left with a team of absolute shite. What are u honestly expecting? 

To be in a cup final

to not be 4th in the table at Halloween

To be able to beat Livingston, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and celtic.

Teams with far less backing, finance, stature can offer that, why can’t Rangers?

But aye asking for the above seems out of this world acording to some folk on here, no wonder we are where we are 

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

SG has my backing

He is making plenty of mistakes and one of the biggest ones, is keeping the losers, that have let us down many times before

These guys have been part of humiliating results over a 3 year period . And they are used to it . So they know another isn't going to effect them.

And I honestly believe it's that losing , couldn't care enough attitude, that manifests in the players coming in. Mcgregor , Goldson , Kent and Alfredo could make us winners .Although Alfredo was back to his greedy form of last season tonight .

They have all taken us to a place in Europe, that has given us some pride .We also have some great young potential  winners in Middleton and Ejaria. There are players who have came in and been very good and now struggling .When you really look at it though . his blind spot is relying on the players that have been here too long .

I will say , that we will not win a single trophy with any more than 1 of these players in an 11 in the future .

That is my view and it's one that could ultimately cost SG his job if he keeps with the same thinking in picking them