Jon Flanagan

KeyserSoze

Also, I’m really critical of fans who get on players backs after 5 mins of the match but last night after about 2 mins I got up and screamed “FLANAGAN GROW A LEFT FOOT YOU’RE FUCKING PISH” after the first of what was to be many turn and passes to the keeper.

Bit embarrassed but how on earth could the Manager pick him there after Sunday.

Flanagan, Coulibaly and Katic were all pretty good when they arrived at Rangers and the commonality was that all three loved a tackle. 

Now Katic has been benched and the other two have become way less effective.  Have they been instructed not to get yellows and have therefore started to 'tone down' the most positive part of their respective games??   Even Flanagan seems less inclined to tackle.

Need to get back to where they were, I want Coulibaly the warrior back, up to SG to sort this out. 

Consistently too much of an overreaction to one or two performances.

Flanagan was awful last night. He's yet to be 'excellent', but there have been a few games where he has been good and a few where he has been average. Like most of the team.

Halliday was 'good' at best last night. Put a few good corners in, had a go at goal albeit with very tame efforts, but also was caught out positionally a few times in the first half in midfield and passed to a Killie player a few times in the 2nd half. Yet many were raving about his performance, "deserves a run of games" etc.

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Can’t pass, can’t run very fast, seems to have lost the ability to tackle and everything he does either slows us down or has a negative effect on a quick attack 

hopefully the Gaffer knows this now after his half time hook for his shite performance last night. 

This position needs filled in January for sure. 

I had to re check the title to make sure it did say Flanagan and not Ryan jack after reading your post 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Also, I’m really critical of fans who get on players backs after 5 mins of the match but last night after about 2 mins I got up and screamed “FLANAGAN GROW A LEFT FOOT YOU’RE FUCKING PISH” after the first of what was to be many turn and passes to the keeper.

Decent shout that ?

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm interested to know what accent this has happened in? 

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Now I know we kept a clean sheet with only 10 men, but his individual performance just can't be ignored.

I've never seen a Rangers player lose possession so often in a game with utterly shite passing. I watched the game again last night and was in double figures and got bored counting on.

Time after time he got skipped by inside, skipped by outside, or had the ball played between him and the CH.

He is awful, really awful, cant read a game (or pass) and he's now getting targetted as the weak defensive link by clued up teams with decent wide players.

It has to be Haliday at LB until Barisic is back, or 3 CHs. We've too many big games coming up against teams with capable forwards to persist with him any longer.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bump.

Now I know we kept a clean sheet with only 10 men, but his individual performance just can't be ignored.

I've never seen a Rangers player lose possession so often in a game with utterly shite passing. I watched the game again last night and was in double figures and got bored counting on.

Time after time he got skipped by inside, skipped by outside, or had the ball played between him and the CH.

He is awful, really awful, cant read a game (or pass) and he's now getting targetted as the weak defensive link by clued up teams with decent wide players.

It has to be Haliday at LB until Barisic is back, or 3 CHs. We've too many big games coming up against teams with capable forwards to persist with him any longer.

Tav was just as bad last night and is just as bad in big games, we really are so poor in fullback positions its unreal