In The OF line up of heroes .Who drops out for Davis and Defoe 🤔

eejay the dj

It's a difficult one .And after that superlative performance few weeks ago .An impossible task 

If it had to happen .I honestly wouldn't know who to leave out 

My only shout would be .Leaving Candeas on the bench and having Davis ahead of Mccrorie .But how stupid does that sound at this point 😜

Jack and Candeias. 

We need McCrories energy and mobility so I'd have Jack out, Davis deep playmaker with McCrorie  box to  box and Arfield  furthest forward.

Defoe and Morelos can play as centre and right of a front 3, interchanging and playing narrower than Candieas would.  Morelos is excellent at running wide and wriggling his way back into the box or hitting across goal. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Jack's been outstanding mate 

I don't like him furthest back of the midfield, he stands too close to the CBs and makes nothing passes. He's been better since he was clearly told to move 10 yards up the pitch and let the CBs pass it out themselves. If I have to choose between Jack and McCrorie as my enforcer I'd sooner have McCrorie. 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He rarely if ever loses possession and is hard in the tackle. He's been probably our best player for around a month or so

He's good out of possession but in possession he rarely loses it because he plays safety almost every time. He has a tendency to drop right back like Barry used to do, take it from the centre back and try to build play but his vision and range of pass are so limited it tends to be a 5-10 yarder to the full back. I don't dislike him as a player but I think he's steady and nothing more. 

I see Davis doing this job now but with a more purpose in his passing. Better balance with McCrorie proving the muscle

12 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He's good out of possession but in possession he rarely loses it because he plays safety almost every time. He has a tendency to drop right back like Barry used to do, take it from the centre back and try to build play but his vision and range of pass are so limited it tends to be a 5-10 yarder to the full back. I don't dislike him as a player but I think he's steady and nothing more. 

I see Davis doing this job now but with a more purpose in his passing. Better balance with McCrorie proving the muscle

Tbf mate you're criticising Jack yet mcrrorie is poor at passing. Not so much poor but it's his weakest part of.his game.

Btw I really like both players and I'm.glad we can all argue over this now :lol:

26 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Jack and Candeias. 

We need McCrories energy and mobility so I'd have Jack out, Davis deep playmaker with McCrorie  box to  box and Arfield  furthest forward.

Defoe and Morelos can play as centre and right of a front 3, interchanging and playing narrower than Candieas would.  Morelos is excellent at running wide and wriggling his way back into the box or hitting across goal. 

McCrorie has attributes but as The gaffer and McAllister keep telling us , he isn't good enough on the ball. Davis will show us how to take and keep the ball under pressure . Davis will play , Jack will play and Arfield will play as long as he finds the touch to match his old firm energy.

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

McGregor 

Tav          Goldson    Katic         Barisic 

Jack

Davis                Arfield 

Candeias                                       Kent 

Morelos 

That would be my team, with Defoe replacing Morelos or starting ahead of him in some games.

We could try two up front at some point with Candeias dropping out for Defoe, but i like Morelos as a lone striker tbh.

Katic our 4th CH , he will come again but only after Worral and McAuley have left. I concur with other 10🤣.

Just now, ianferguson said:

Katic our 4th CH , he will come again but only after Worral and McAuley have left. I concur with other 10🤣.

Fair enough mate.

Katic was probably our best player at the start of the season. Although Worrall was amazing against celtic, i think he's been poor to average up until now and I'd prefer to develop our own player tbh. 

43 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Candeias isn’t needed against half the teams in the division and McCrorie & Jack shouldn’t play together unless it’s against the better sides. 

So Candeias & McCrorie. 

Same here but its not easy 

And that's the way it should be at Rangers 

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

McCrorie has attributes but as The gaffer and McAllister keep telling us , he isn't good enough on the ball. Davis will show us how to take and keep the ball under pressure . Davis will play , Jack will play and Arfield will play as long as he finds the touch to match his old firm energy.

That's fair point and the only one that would have Davis on front of Mccrorie after OF game 

McGregor

Tav     Goldson  Worral   Barisic 

Davis               McCrorie

Arfield 

Morleos Defoe      Kent