Rangers Retail Small Club Mentality

It's just a really poor situation, so frustrating not seeing the club maximise the current feel good factor, especially during pre season when punters are desperate for strips/merchandise.  

Been over at the stadium a few times recently & the club shop is a sorry sight tbh.  

An A4 sheet stuck to the inside of the glass door saying 'store closed - only open on matchdays'. 

There’s plenty of kids kit on the store in St Enoch.

I was in there today. Loads of orange training kits too for kids.

But I agree with the sentiment. Our retail operation is a fucking embarrassment. It really doesn’t matter if it’s Dave’s , Ashley’s, or Murray’s  fault.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There’s plenty of kids kit on the store in St Enoch.

I was in there today. Loads of orange training kits too for kids.

But I agree with the sentiment. Our retail operation is a fucking embarrassment. It really doesn’t matter if it’s Dave’s , Ashley’s, or Murray’s  fault.

Was in yesterday and they had 6 racks of 5-6y size, one 2-3y size and two 6-12m sizes mate. Wildly disproportionate 

Doesn't seem to be any sort of inventory management, spoke to the worker who said just get stuff delivered in and stick it on the shelves. He didn't know what sizes were coming in when

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Was in yesterday and they had 6 racks of 5-6y size, one 2-3y size and two 6-12m sizes mate. Wildly disproportionate 

Doesn't seem to be any sort of inventory management, spoke to the worker who said just get stuff delivered in and stick it on the shelves. He didn't know what sizes were coming in when

Yeah it’s very odd. It’s not like the have the excuse of being in the middle of nowhere and having an operation across multiple stores either.

7 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

It's almost like people haven't heard of our problems with Mr Ashley and some very incompetent board members 

No, this is nothing to do with Sports Direct issues. We are in full control of this side and we are making a costly arse of it.

20 minutes ago, BF1 said:

A real fan would support the club by waiting for it come back in stock, instead of bitching about it. 

Last season they did not offer for sale a black GK kit in large online.

At the beginning of the season it was the only size they didn’t offer, saying it was out of stock.

I filled in the form on the web page notifying me when it was available. Never got an email. It never became available.

Moral of the story is some may be waiting a long fucking time.

28 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Luckily for Rangers guys like myself will wait months until they get hold of one, but not everyone will and that’s where we will / are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

How many tourists walk into our shop to buy kids strips and walk out the door and spend their money elsewhere? More than you think.

The retail side is a joke, I don’t work in retail but when they are taking money and then refunding it due to no stock you know things are not being run properly.

Imaging bitching about our club fucking up one of our most lucrative ways of putting funds into the team, whatever next!

There's no way for you or me to know if the club is losing money from this. The costs of keeping all items in stock 100% of the time likely outweigh extra revenue from doing so. 

Personally, I wouldn't mind waiting a little while till items come back in stock. 

1 hour ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Luckily for Rangers guys like myself will wait months until they get hold of one, but not everyone will and that’s where we will / are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

How many tourists walk into our shop to buy kids strips and walk out the door and spend their money elsewhere? More than you think.

The retail side is a joke, I don’t work in retail but when they are taking money and then refunding it due to no stock you know things are not being run properly.

Imaging bitching about our club fucking up one of our most lucrative ways of putting funds into the team, whatever next!

Due to the shit with Sports Direct and the ongoing issues with Mike Ashley, I doubt the club make much from merchandise sales.  If the club was making more money from shirt sales I’m sure they would put more effort in.  Until the current dispute is resolved I expect this half arsed approach to merchandise to continue.