Player of the Season

Arfield is a good player. He's under-rated. 

A lot of fans give him stick but they forget a lot of times he's been told to play a bit deeper with no help or support around him. When he's playing, settled, in a run of games as an attacker or that link-up in the advanced midfield role we are actually a different team compared to how we line-up with any 2 or 3 in Jack/Davis/Kamara

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Arfield is a good player. He's under-rated. 

A lot of fans give him stick but they forget a lot of times he's been told to play a bit deeper with no help or support around him. When he's playing, settled, in a run of games as an attacker or that link-up in the advanced midfield role we are actually a different team compared to how we line-up with any 2 or 3 in Jack/Davis/Kamara

He’s got some engine man, makes me think of lee Wallace if he was a CM, on engine alone.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

He’s got some engine man, makes me think of lee Wallace if he was a CM, on engine alone.

Aye, defo agree.

Although I do think if he wants to do us a good turn next season he needs to consider his international options. He looked knackered literally right after the Europa League qualifiers due to his international commitments for Canada. 

I can't stand our players playing for Scotland but I'm not daft enough to realise that professional players see it differently to your average fan and enjoy representing their countries so Arfield can't be pressured or forced into chucking it, but I hope he does.

I travel to America a lot and even though it's only a 7 hour flight, the travelling does take it out you don't care what anyone says, it drains you.

1.  Barisic - Proved everyone wrong and turned in to one of our best players

2.  Morelos - Amazing goal contribution prior to the turn of the year.

3.  Aribo - His contribution over the season in terms of goals and assists has been great.  For a young guy just coming here and settling in he’s had a good first season albeit inconsistent. 

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

None of them. 

Might be an exaggeration and hyperbole, but it reminds me a bit of the season where Darren McGregor somehow got it.

I know this team are nowhere near as bad, but it feels that way that nocunt stands out heads and shoulders above anyone and whoever get's it is gonna be a meh moment. 

Lockdown fever takes hold.

If we are demanding the leagues to be nul and void, then it stands to reason, there should be no POTY.

Who has been the best most consistent player for the bit that we did play, is another matter, but a hard choice looking at how we capitulated. For me only McGregor stands out with consistent high standards and saved us many points, other than that, who can be arsed in what turned out to be another disappointing in handing the scum the advantage?

1. Morelos

2. Jack

3. McGregor

Up until the break Davis was a contender but along with everyone else his form fell off a cliff. 

Morelos is our player of the season by a country mile even with all the pish that's happened since December. 

Archived