Got a guy thrown out for saying/singing this....

Boab

No supporter is bigger than the club.

All this don;t grass on a fellow ger is just pish.

If it is going to bring our club into disrepute, then he gets lobbed out. Simple.

If you don't want to be kicked out Ibrox, don't sing songs that will get you kicked out.

If he wasn't singing then Boab wouldn;t have had to report him and all is well.

Aw go away.

Fuckin club into disrepute???..fuckin sick of hearing it.

If your a man you say to the guy,hey mate the coppers are watcing ye calm it doon eh.

Not mr policeman that bad boy said some naughty words and i'm about to cry

That's probably the best way to go.

But you need to see the size of Boab :lol:

The thought of him wandering up to a big fella to tell him to shut up just doesn't compute in my brain.

:mutley:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely if someone is singing something that shouldn't be sung shouldn't be annoyed if he is kicked out?

On the same basis, if a Steward kicked him out for singing said song, he would be in the right, as he is just doing his job?

Am I right so far?

Now say a large guy is singing this song, full pelt, so everyone can hear him, surely you can't expect someone, who it isn't there job to go over and mention to him to stop it. If hes singing loud enough hoping everyone can hear him, you can assume he won't take you telling him to shut up kindly. So, by telling the Steward, you're only highlighting the stewards flaw (Maybe the steward is just too scared to do anything, but will wait til its brought up), and that he may ask him to keep it quiet, or kick him out, for the benefit of the clubs rules. (Surely again, you must agree that the rules of singing said songs, are for the benefit of the club, and ergo, their fans).

I don't see the problem is highlighting it to a steward if you don't feel you can confront the guy. And I don't think people should be trying to make out its a bad thing to do this, or not to confront the guy. We all pour our wages into the club, and we want to see the best for it, and if the best for it is highlighting singing to stewards, or chants, we should feel free to do so without some evil stigma being attached to it.

Surely if someone is singing something that shouldn't be sung shouldn't be annoyed if he is kicked out?

On the same basis, if a Steward kicked him out for singing said song, he would be in the right, as he is just doing his job?

Am I right so far?

Now say a large guy is singing this song, full pelt, so everyone can hear him, surely you can't expect someone, who it isn't there job to go over and mention to him to stop it. If hes singing loud enough hoping everyone can hear him, you can assume he won't take you telling him to shut up kindly. So, by telling the Steward, you're only highlighting the stewards flaw (Maybe the steward is just too scared to do anything, but will wait til its brought up), and that he may ask him to keep it quiet, or kick him out, for the benefit of the clubs rules. (Surely again, you must agree that the rules of singing said songs, are for the benefit of the club, and ergo, their fans).

I don't see the problem is highlighting it to a steward if you don't feel you can confront the guy. And I don't think people should be trying to make out its a bad thing to do this, or not to confront the guy. We all pour our wages into the club, and we want to see the best for it, and if the best for it is highlighting singing to stewards, or chants, we should feel free to do so without some evil stigma being attached to it.

Or their business, he shuld have carried on watching the game and not have looked to be offended for the sake of taking offence.

Am I right so far?

:clap:

I'll give Boab one thing , he's got balls. I (almost certainly) wouldn't have grassed the guy and I wouldn't have come on here and said so if I did. :) I can imagine though that a lot of people in the area would have been delighted that this guy was dealt with after hypocritically hoping somebody else would do the deed. I suspect I'd have been one of those people.

To my mind the stewards/police should in that situation tell the guy to STFU with that shite, and only chuck him out if he refuses to stop. Same with any banning orders the club dishes out. People should be given the chance to change, but if the refuse, then it's three strikes and you're out (or similar).

So one bear is being attacked from all sides because he decided to make sure the rules on sectarian singing were enforced...

I thought we wanted to get rid of idiots who sing this kind of crap? That is what they are, idiots. Don't get me wrong, you could hear the lines "Up to our knees in fenian blood" coming from my mouth a good few years ago. When it was "accepted". When our club weren't being targetted from all angles about sectarian singing.

After fans being made an example of...After the club receiving punishment for this type of thing...How can you defend this guy who was singing this shit?

Many of you are ready to come on here and criticise the scum for singing shit about our Queen, our country, or your faith. Yet you are willing to let Bears sing shit about their faith?

What if the person singing that crap was standing next to a Catholic Bear? What if Boab himself is Catholic? Should people just stand there and tolerate this?

A lot of you need to sort your views out. Most of you are willing to stop singing a banned song for it being deemed sectarian, yet when someone enforces the rules they get attacked...

Again, if you're 6'3 and 15 stone, it's a lot easier to go up to a guy and ask him to be quiet.

Also, if you've also got no disability with walking, it's a lot easier as well. I see a lot of people claiming that Boab is using it as an excuse, which is nothing short of ridiculous.

I've met Boab, I've even bought him a round with my own hard earned cash. He's a good guy, but by God he's a smurf. I've seen a Bluenose (back in the day when I was like 8) punch an pensioner Gers fan in the face because he asked to hush down a little.

Things like that make me understand why Boab asked a steward, but I think the steward himself could have handled the situation a lot better.

Firstly, this has been fun! A surprise, not sure if I'd call it pleasant or not!

I replied in Frankie in context and then left the house after seeing his reply, I had to leave at the time rather than because I was satisfied with Frankie's reply either way. - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2827688

Nevertheless, the story is fairly simple in that I heard it about several rows down and I had a word in the ear to the security guard and the police man put his ear to listen too and they dealt with it as they seen fit. I seen it as the person being out of order.

Fact is that if I wanted to, I couldn't have went walked rows downstairs due to my disability and so that was the only option if I was do anything about it or indeed not.

It was the 1 man.

Most of you know that I've never felt in love with many of the arguably 'un-related to Rangers' songs but I'd never say anything to the authorities as folk see things differently as to how that relates to RFC.

To Jardy, I replied to you as I was reading the thread through.

To Danny, as I see you in the thread, I think our man Danny analysed things very well back in '07 very well at the start of this thread (tu) Kev also was spot on.

After reading that pitiful excuse, I have came to the conclusion that you were out of order.

Btw, in amongst all this ping pong.

I've said in private but thanks to the pm's I got (tu) You know who you are.

Aw how emotional. You truly are the real victim of this. First you had to listen to a man slag catholics in a silly song and now you have taking abuse of some people for it. My heart bleeds for you.

Likewise, thanks to all who have sent me letters of support, campaigned endlessly for justice , & we're all looking forward to "Whacking Day" when the snakes are rounded up and dealt with.

So one bear is being attacked from all sides because he decided to make sure the rules on sectarian singing were enforced...

I thought we wanted to get rid of idiots who sing this kind of crap? That is what they are, idiots. Don't get me wrong, you could hear the lines "Up to our knees in fenian blood" coming from my mouth a good few years ago. When it was "accepted". When our club weren't being targetted from all angles about sectarian singing.

After fans being made an example of...After the club receiving punishment for this type of thing...How can you defend this guy who was singing this shit?

Many of you are ready to come on here and criticise the scum for singing shit about our Queen, our country, or your faith. Yet you are willing to let Bears sing shit about their faith?

What if the person singing that crap was standing next to a Catholic Bear? What if Boab himself is Catholic? Should people just stand there and tolerate this?

A lot of you need to sort your views out. Most of you are willing to stop singing a banned song for it being deemed sectarian, yet when someone enforces the rules they get attacked...

its all us big bad proddies to blame :unionflag:

Firstly, this has been fun! A surprise, not sure if I'd call it pleasant or not!

I replied in Frankie in context and then left the house after seeing his reply, I had to leave at the time rather than because I was satisfied with Frankie's reply either way. - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2827688

Nevertheless, the story is fairly simple in that I heard it about several rows down and I had a word in the ear to the security guard and the police man put his ear to listen too and they dealt with it as they seen fit. I seen it as the person being out of order.

Fact is that if I wanted to, I couldn't have went walked rows downstairs due to my disability and so that was the only option if I was do anything about it or indeed not.

It was the 1 man.

Most of you know that I've never felt in love with many of the arguably 'un-related to Rangers' songs but I'd never say anything to the authorities as folk see things differently as to how that relates to RFC.

To Jardy, I replied to you as I was reading the thread through.

To Danny, as I see you in the thread, I think our man Danny analysed things very well back in '07 very well at the start of this thread (tu) Kev also was spot on.

After reading that pitiful excuse, I have came to the conclusion that you were out of order.

Well lets take everything out of context, why don't we?

The part in bold was in reaction to me reading the thread which had grown 7 pages from me leaving the house.

Btw, in amongst all this ping pong.

I've said in private but thanks to the pm's I got (tu) You know who you are.

Aw how emotional. You truly are the real victim of this. First you had to listen to a man slag catholics in a silly song and now you have taking abuse of some people for it. My heart bleeds for you.

:blush:

I'll give Boab one thing , he's got balls. I (almost certainly) wouldn't have grassed the guy and I wouldn't have come on here and said so if I did. :) I can imagine though that a lot of people in the area would have been delighted that this guy was dealt with after hypocritically hoping somebody else would do the deed. I suspect I'd have been one of those people.

To my mind the stewards/police should in that situation tell the guy to STFU with that shite, and only chuck him out if he refuses to stop. Same with any banning orders the club dishes out. People should be given the chance to change, but if the refuse, then it's three strikes and you're out (or similar).

If he had balls he would have did it the British way and told him to sit on his arse and behave instead of which he took the cowards road and shopped him to whoever ! I've seen more guts on a butchers apron. :sherlock:

No one defended the guy the point most were making was that it could have been dealt with differently.

One guy out of 50,000 isn't going to get us punished.The stewards or cops could have told him to shut it or eject him.

Am I right so far?

How dare you bring common sense into this hoary old bassa of a thread. You should be ashamed of yourself Lad! :craphead:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2829174

Probably was a little naive on my part but nevertheless - that post explains why to I did to an extent and as I've said, its a very interesting thread.

Probably was a little naive on my part but nevertheless - that post explains why to I did to an extent and as I've said, its a very interesting thread.

Naw this explains it better the bit you forgot to add on :

If he had balls he would have did it the British way and told him to sit on his arse and behave instead of which he took the cowards road and shopped him to whoever ! I've seen more guts on a butchers apron. :sherlock:

well im a catholic bear and dont care what any1 else has to say on the matter, i would have done the exact same thing.

Well, thats interesting. I'm not a Catholic myself but one side of my family very much so is but essentially, I just thought at the time that it was 'out of order' and not that I personally was offended.

I hope you get your certificate for showing us all you can copy and paste on a computer.

I hope you get your certificate for showing us all you can copy and paste on a computer.

It's certified you should get for being an A1 fcukin phud ya head case ! :sherlock: