Golf

kplfishtank

12 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

You need to have the short game obviously but big hitters do well there, hardly any punishment for wayward drives.

Granted wayward drives aren't as punishing as they could be (especially today, seen a fiar amount into the trees only to get a favourable ricochet back towards the fairway.)

Although with stronger lofted irons even if you only drove 280 yards total, then theres only 3 holes you couldn't reach in 2. I think if you played conservative and went for birdies on the par 5s, you would walk away better over the weekend than if you attacked the 2nd shot and ended up in bother.

8 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

This new handicap system is a load of bollocks.

Played 3 medals so far.

Net 71, Buffer - went up 0.1

Net 74, outside buffer- no change

Net 67  1 under-  went up 0.2

Course is a 68.

It is a farce, also still can't understand the 0.95 multiplier for competition handicap, the whole thing is overly complicated. We have taken a system from the yanks,  the country that gave us 'mash potato' as a shout at golf tournaments.  Given up trying to fully understand it now.

13 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

It is a farce, also still can't understand the 0.95 multiplier for competition handicap, the whole thing is overly complicated. We have taken a system from the yanks,  the country that gave us 'mash potato' as a shout at golf tournaments.  Given up trying to fully understand it now.

Yeah, add a stoke then take it off again!

On 01/05/2021 at 23:08, Bearsden bear said:

This new handicap system is a load of bollocks.

Played 3 medals so far.

Net 71, Buffer - went up 0.1

Net 74, outside buffer- no change

Net 67  1 under-  went up 0.2

Course is a 68.

Likely is when you have went up one of your good scores have fell off to be replace with your score that day. 

Right gents, my Ping G20s (graphite) are starting to give me grief the heads came off my PW 3 times and my 4 iron on Monday. 50 quid a pop to repair, so time for new bats. Any suggestions I’m in my 60s and handicaps gone up to 14, so something for the slower swing?

12 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Right gents, my Ping G20s (graphite) are starting to give me grief the heads came off my PW 3 times and my 4 iron on Monday. 50 quid a pop to repair, so time for new bats. Any suggestions I’m in my 60s and handicaps gone up to 14, so something for the slower swing?

Ping g425

• 2 weeks later...