Timothy and their tales - summer signings 2010

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say I'm worried, but Bellamy would be a good signing for celtc. He showed last season that he's a very good player, better than the one that was at celtc five years ago.

What's everyone worry about this bellend for?

The last time he was at the bheggers they were in Rangers back pocket, so why's it going to be any different now?

Looks far, far more confident and a hell of a lot sharper.

Mind you their defence is still pish and the midfield can't feed a decent through ball for toffee so it all evens itself out I guess. :wink:

Cant believe the money they got for that wee prick.

Greetin faced wee cunt wont last 6 months in Russia so lets hope timmy decide to re-sign him and they get charged fucking double for the cheek of sending the wee shitebag there in the first place!!

My link

Even Lennon doesn't sound that confident himself about Bellamy. Their squad is utter gash right now so hopefully it stays that way. Even if no new signings emerge for us we still have a better first eleven. Definitely. It's just the risk of injury that worries me.

COVENTRY manager Aidy Boothroyd claimed today Celtic have not made an improved offer for keeper Keiren Westwood since the English club rejected what he called a "derisory" bid three weeks ago.

The Republic of Ireland internationalist is out of contract at the Championship club next summer.

But Boothroyd insists Celtic have not been in touch since their first approach was rejected and implied they would be wasting their time with an offer around the £1million mark.

"They made an offer about three weeks ago and Keiren knows all about it," said the Coventry manager.

"It's £3.50 and a bag of haggis, which is nowhere near enough for a player of that quality. I don't want to lose someone who I think is the best goalkeeper in the division, someone I want to build a team around.

"Negotiations (regarding a new contract) are ongoing, as they always are, it's a pain in the neck but that's how it is I'm afraid when other people are involved."

:lol:, cheap manky bastards :uk:

Just saw that on the STV website there, looks like it might be true...

Rangers and Toronto are both pursuing Honduras’ World Cup left back Emilio Izaguirre, according to reports from Central America. The defender, who can also play in midfield, is expected to conclude a transfer in the next few days but it is not clear who has won the battle for his signature.

Izaguirre, who has 44 caps for his country, plays his football for Deportivo Motagua along with Georgie Welcome, who is currently on trial at Ibrox. He has already declared his wish to play abroad and looks like getting his chance within the next week.

Izaguirre is said to be the subject of bids from MLS side Toronto FC as well as Rangers, while Wigan Athletic have a long-standing interest in the player. However, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has said that although he admires many of the Honduran players he will not be signing any for the coming season.

The international defender’s future should be known soon, with Motagua president Pedro Atala saying a transfer is imminent, though he would not disclose the name of the buying club.

"With Milo [izaguirre] it is a situation of hours. It may be this weekend or next week, but it is a matter of hours," Atala is qouted as saying in Honduran newspaper Diez.

"We still have don’t have a final settlement of the negotiation and until it is closed I will not say where he will go, for obvious reasons, and so as not to spoil the negotiations, which are well advanced."

Izaguirre’s club and country team-mate Welcome has had his trial at Rangers extended, though he is not allowed to play in any fixtures as he does not have a work permit. However, Walter Smith said he would be looking to arrange a bounce game next week in order to fully assess the striker’s ability.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/191629-rangers-linked-with-world-cup-left-back/