The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Can't believe some of the bears on here. The takeover is taking longer than planned. Does that mean its bollocks or is it not more likely that it is just taking longer due to the financial state of the club. The Murray entanglements and the tax case are all well documented. Clearly there has been some negotiation on that and it looks like somebody has finally given way.

I keep seeing its for season ticket renewals, but can anyone suggesting this give us some idea of why Craig Whyte is kidding on he's buying Rangers and doing Murrays bidding ?

Phone rings - "Hullo, Hullo, Hi Craig, It's David here. Listen, I'm in a bit of a bind. We're skint and the fans are on my back. Could you do me a wee favour and tell the stock exchange and the media that you're buying Rangers. Say its before xmas and then keep putting it back. With a bit of luck we can keep it going til renewal time. There's a drink in it for you down the millionaires club."

If Whyte is at it, he's in for a huge slating from the press, and will have made a nationwide tool of himself. Maybe I'm just daft here, but I can't see how he gains anything from that, other than ridicule to the detriment of his character and business acumen.

To me, there are no doubts about it now. We will be bought. It was always going to take a while with the on-going tax case, financial state of the club etc. Whyte has maybe been in talks with the bank etc regarding the tac and HMRC, we simply don't know.. and we shouldn't know. The business regarding the club is between Whyte and Murray. Despite it coming across as Murray not giving two shiney shites about the club, it is clear he is doing is utmost best for us, the supporters and the club.

He always said he would only sell to the right person, and Whyte's persistent confidence that he will be Rangers new owner is encouraging.

Watch this space, Bears!

Can't believe some of the bears on here. The takeover is taking longer than planned. Does that mean its bollocks or is it not more likely that it is just taking longer due to the financial state of the club. The Murray entanglements and the tax case are all well documented. Clearly there has been some negotiation on that and it looks like somebody has finally given way.

I keep seeing its for season ticket renewals, but can anyone suggesting this give us some idea of why Craig Whyte is kidding on he's buying Rangers and doing Murrays bidding ?

Phone rings - "Hullo, Hullo, Hi Craig, It's David here. Listen, I'm in a bit of a bind. We're skint and the fans are on my back. Could you do me a wee favour and tell the stock exchange and the media that you're buying Rangers. Say its before xmas and then keep putting it back. With a bit of luck we can keep it going til renewal time. There's a drink in it for you down the millionaires club."

If Whyte is at it, he's in for a huge slating from the press, and will have made a nationwide tool of himself. Maybe I'm just daft here, but I can't see how he gains anything from that, other than ridicule to the detriment of his character and business acumen.

This.

Some people on here are clueless.

How people can make something negative of this story is beyond me but I guess that's the majority of our support nowadays.

(tu) I almost thought i was the only one that's always thought it would happen

Until the it's officially said its off I'm assuming it's happening

Once again, the Daily Record is held up as a paragon of journalistic excellence - when the story suits!

They are taking a punt, and selling extra copies as a result.

Well said

Phil mcgobblin daughters going to get another hard night from Daddy that will leave her in tears at the breakfast table in the morning if this is true.

PAHAHAHAHAH this deserves some rep good sir