Official: Kyle Bartley joins Rangers

Mikhailichenko

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People moan about the size of our squad, then when we do get someone in, complain that he won't get a game.

FFS, it's another player in the squad, another option - we are figthing on four fronts, we need options. Tiredness, suspensions, loss of form... will set in.

I think we'll do well to see him start one game.

Nothing more than back up to the undroppables, but it'd be good to give Weir/Bougherra a rest occasionally. Let's hope Smith sees this and doesn't fall foul to the same problems that cost us the league last time we had four competitions on the go.

Welcome.

I find it strange that Walter will bring in experience up front yet is is happy to bring in untested youth players at the back.

I feel it should be the other way round or at least I would be more confident with i that way.

Welcome.

I find it strange that Walter will bring in experience up front yet is is happy to bring in untested youth players at the back.

I feel it should be the other way round or at least I would be more confident with i that way.

He's not exactly untested, he's played the last couple of seasons at Sheffield United.

He's not exactly untested, he's played the last couple of seasons at Sheffield United.

Not exactly an experienced defender though eh?

I'm not judging him or anything just find it a bit strange that Walter went for experience up front but not at the back.

ARSENAL youngster Kyle Bartley says t's an honour and a privilege to sign for Rangers after clinching a loan deal to the end of the season

Bartley, 19, will arrive at Murray Park tomorrow to begin his short spell with the club and he said it was like a bolt from the blue when he heard the champions were in for him.

He said: "Pat Rice called me and told me Rangers were interested and I didn't have to think twice.

"It's an honour and privilege to be asked to sign for a club like Rangers and it was an easy decision for me to take.

"Thing had not been going that well for Sheffield United but I am sad to be leaving them because I had made a lot friends there.

"In saying that a club of Rangers' stature is something you can't turn down. It was a no-brainer for me.

"I'm really looking forward to my time with the club and hopefully I can play my part and show what I can do.

"As soon as I agreed to the deal I looked at the fixture list and in the first month we've got two games against Celtic and two in the Europa League against Sporting Lisbon - it's just massive.

"I would obviously love to play in games of that calibre but we will see how things go.

"A lot of great players have been at Rangers over the years and it will be great for me to be with them.

"They have a very experienced and highly successful manager in Walter Smith assisted by Ally McCoist so I am really looking forward to working with them.

ARSENAL youngster Kyle Bartley says t's an honour and a privilege to sign for Rangers after clinching a loan deal to the end of the season

Bartley, 19, will arrive at Murray Park tomorrow to begin his short spell with the club and he said it was like a bolt from the blue when he heard the champions were in for him.

He said: "Pat Rice called me and told me Rangers were interested and I didn't have to think twice.

"It's an honour and privilege to be asked to sign for a club like Rangers and it was an easy decision for me to take.

"Thing had not been going that well for Sheffield United but I am sad to be leaving them because I had made a lot friends there.

"In saying that a club of Rangers' stature is something you can't turn down. It was a no-brainer for me.

"I'm really looking forward to my time with the club and hopefully I can play my part and show what I can do.

"As soon as I agreed to the deal I looked at the fixture list and in the first month we've got two games against Celtic and two in the Europa League against Sporting Lisbon - it's just massive.

"I would obviously love to play in games of that calibre but we will see how things go.

"A lot of great players have been at Rangers over the years and it will be great for me to be with them.

"They have a very experienced and highly successful manager in Walter Smith assisted by Ally McCoist so I am really looking forward to working with them.

He knows where he is anyway.

bartley is really good, well when i have seen him play hes been good.

he could make an impact on the club also arsenal are known to let their young players sign for the club their on loan with if they want.