Strathclyde police open investigations over Neil Lennon's allegations

Jamie1807

Also apparently now Alastair has come out and told his side of the story about the confrontation with TLB at the end of the game, oor Alastair aparently told TLB to leave his players alone, WOW that really is a prelude to the vile that TLB exhibited the sooner Scottish Football is rid of this cretin, bigot and racist the better.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The police are going through the motions.

I've got a funny feeling they'll find that Mr Lennon will have 'no case to answer'.

Sadly I think this is right.

The funny thing is though, when you watch Lemon's reaction as he retreats to the back of the dugout and the way he has behaved since, his yet again bringing up these ridiculous death threat lies and sending himself funny packages, which always happens whenever he's involved in controversy, as well as the languaged used by his lawyer in a clear attempt to undermine any possible witnesses - it's very clear from all that circumstantial evidence that Lemon knows he's in the shit.

As usual though, he'll play the victim card and walk away scott free.

From the NOTW

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon last night furiously denied claims he is a racist - as cops probe his conduct during this week's Old Firm clash.

Sources close to the Hoops boss admit he shouted and swore at Rangers bad boy El Hadji Diouf.

But they insist he roared: "Ya f*****g d**k" at him - not "ya f*****g n****r" as more than 200 Gers fans have claimed.

Last night that version was backed up by an expert lipreader who analysed the footage from Wednesday's match.

And top advocate Paul McBride QC - instructed by Celtic to represent Lennon during the police investigation - insisted the allegations had "no substance" and were part of a campaign by "malicious and despicable individuals".

It's outrageous for anyone to accuse Neil of racism

Most of the complaints were emailed to Strathclyde Police by people who had viewed YouTube footage of the bust-up.

A force insider told us: "We've received more than 200 complaints about the incident. The emails contained links to a clip of the confrontation between the pair.

"It's claimed a racist remark was made. If true, a crime has been committed.

"We are duty bound to investigate the complaints. We will be speaking to Mr Lennon over the next few days."

During the bad-tempered match - which Celtic won 1-0 - Lennon clashed with Diouf in the 35th minute, moments after Steven Whittaker had become the first of three Gers players to be sent off.

The Senegalese striker ran towards the Rangers bench to speak to boss Walter Smith and his assistant Ally McCoist.

But the Celtic coaching staff were incensed that Diouf had appeared to elbow their physio Tim Williamson as he raced on to the pitch to treat an injured player.

Last night our source said: "Neil was angered by what he'd done, and told him so with some strong language. Diouf took exception to it and fired abuse back."

After a face-to-face confrontation in front of the Celtic dugout, the on-loan Ranger was pulled away by some of his teammates. It's at this point that Lennon has been accused of making a racist slur. But our source insisted: "There is no way Neil said anything racist to Diouf.

"He said, 'Ya f*****g d**k' to him. That's one of his regular phrases. It's outrageous for anyone to accuse Neil of racism."

To clear up the controversy, we hired lipreader expert Terrry Rouane to examine the Lennon and Diouf clash footage - and his verdict matched the Celt's version of events.

Terry, 64, who worked on the Nat Fraser murder case, said: "Neil appears to be saying to the player, 'Ya f*****g d**k'.

"People may think that he used a racial insult because the phrase involves similar lip movements to the alleged slur."

Mr Rouane also revealed what the Hoops gaffer said to McCoist, 48, during their bust-up at the end of the match. He told us: "Neil approaches Ally and, as he pats him on the back, he seems to say, 'I owe you mate.'

"Then, after McCoist says something with his back to the camera, Lennon pushes him and appears to say, 'F*** you, you b*****d', before the pair are split up."

We can reveal that after the full-time barney, Lenny invited Coisty to his office for a glass of wine and a bottle of beer.

Our insider said: "They were laughing and joking with each other. They couldn't believe they'd been fighting."

He hates how Irene and his son had to leave his house in the middle of the night

On Friday, a package posted to Lennon containing a hoax nail bomb was intercepted by cops in Saltcoats, Ayrshire.

And it was revealed that the Parkhead boss - who has also been sent bullets and received death threats from UDA thugs - is receiving round-the clock protection. Lennon was spotted with a minder at training on Friday. And we can reveal cops advised his family to flee his Glasgow home at 2am on February 21.

His partner Irene, 34, and five-year-old son Gallagher are still staying in a safe house - as fears are raised that Lennon might quit his post to protect them.

But our source insisted: "There's no way Neil will walk away from the team and job he loves. He's not a quitter."

"However, he hates how Irene and his son had to leave his house in the middle of the night because cranks might attack.

"He hates having to go everywhere with security guards. It's unbelievable."

Last night it emerged Lennon has been forced to miss today's trip to Donegal in Ireland, where Celtic will play Finn Harps in a benefit game for ex-Hoops star John Kennedy, 27, who had to quit the game.

A club source said there were fears he might by targeted by Loyalist terrorists.

He added: "We couldn't risk it."

We can also reveal Celtic chief Peter Lawwell has quizzed Lennon and assistant Alan Thompson over the race-taunt claim.

A club insider said: "They were both furious at the allegation. They are mystified why police have launched a probe - but will co-operate fully with them."

Celtic, who believe extremist Rangers fans are behind the claims, have asked top QC Mr McBride to represent Lennon.

Last night he said: "These allegations are defamatory and outrageous with no substance whatsoever. This is part of a concerted campaign by malicious and despicable individuals to cause distress to Neil Lennon." Meanwhile Diouf's agent Willie McKay said the player "doesn't think he was racially abused". He added: "He thinks the matter is closed."

After Wednesday's clash, First Minister Alex Salmond announced he'll hold a summit at Hampden on Tuesday with Old Firm clubs and Strathclyde Police.

Last night a force spokeswoman said: "We can confirm we have received complaints regarding alleged events during the match. We are investigating."

From the NOTW

Watch the you tube clip, I reckon he said the N word, the NOTW article stating *ick was mentioned is horseshit, if this was a normal everyday phrase used by tlb as is suggested why did the old boy beside him react with such shock on his face and ultimately made him get to his feet directly after the 3rd word he uttered i.e the N word.

I believe he will resign as opposed to being pushed.

I'm sure not much will come of it, but still glad it's been highlighted and think TLRB will have been told to watch what comes out of his rotten we face from now on. Although I hope I'm wrong and they find enough to take him to the cleaners (that would end him).

This is a concerted campaign by malicious and despicable individuals to cause distress to Neil Lennon.

A coordinated campaign eh, i wonder who is the leader of this campaign? Or could it just be a group of independent ordinary joes thinking lennons behaviour is a disgrace and well within their rights to complain to the beak.

This will go nowhere if none of the complainants were in earshot of the incident. It's likely to be 200 Rangers fans who used the inconclusive tv footage as evidence. All the reports suggest that both clubs have put it all behind them.

It really is only allegations at this stage, no-one has been arrested and charged, so I find it rather odd that his lawyer is saying these preemptive things about the complainants- surely he could have waited? It's hard to say either way what was said by anyone at Celtic Park the other night, but possibly right that things are investigated.

The Senegalese striker ran towards the Rangers bench to speak to boss Walter Smith and his assistant Ally McCoist.

So they do know the truth. What was the pish they where saying through the week, EHD ran over to the Celtic bench.

I beg Rangers to back these allegations up, we all know what was said.

But I have a feeling nothing will happen until EHD is gone, and he tells the world what happens.

So they do know the truth. What was the pish they where saying through the week, EHD ran over to the Celtic bench.

I beg Rangers to back these allegations up, we all know what was said.

But I have a feeling nothing will happen until EHD is gone, and he tells the world what happens.

from what I remember of the TV coverage Diouf is at the Rangers Technical Area and Lennon is the one that approaches him, and then he confronts the Celtic Manager. Diouf was not the initial instigator from that coverage.

Both clubs know what happened in the tunnel and from what I understand Mjalby apologised for dropping the n bomb when he said 'keep control of your n****r'. Both want to draw a line under in and not whip things up even further. There's enough of a frenzy as it is without it getting bigger. However what gets me is if it had been the other way round this would be all over the media.

Both clubs know what happened in the tunnel and from what I understand Mjalby apologised for dropping the n bomb when he said 'keep control of your n****r'. Both want to draw a line under in and not whip things up even further. There's enough of a frenzy as it is without it getting bigger. However what gets me is if it had been the other way round this would be all over the media.

If Rangers were playing on the proverbial level playing field, yes. Ideal world and all that- the media act with impunity on us but use kid-gloves on them.

Every time the Scottish Mickey Mouse parliament runs into bother they deflect with pointless waste of time and money exercises, does anyone remember Jack McConnell's Old Firm summit? Now that waste of turd Alex Caeser Salmond is playing the same card, deflect deflect, you bag of shit. Keep pimping whiskey and shortbread Alex, but you'll never address the real problems, no jobs, too much alcohol, and zero policies.

CELTIC manager Neil Lennon last night furiously denied claims he is a racist - as cops probe his conduct during this week's Old F**m clash.

Sources close to the Hoops boss admit he shouted and swore at R*ngers bad boy El Hadji Diouf.

But they insist he roared: "Ya f*****g d**k" at him - not "ya f*****g n****r" as more than 200 Gers fans have claimed.

Last night that version was backed up by an expert lipreader who analysed the footage from Wednesday's match.

And top advocate Paul McBride QC - instructed by Celtic to represent Lennon during the police investigation - insisted the allegations had "no substance" and were part of a campaign by "malicious and despicable individuals".

It's outrageous for anyone to accuse Neil of racism

Most of the complaints were emailed to Strathclyde Police by people who had viewed YouTube footage of the bust-up.

A force insider told us: "We've received more than 200 complaints about the incident. The emails contained links to a clip of the confrontation between the pair.

"It's claimed a racist remark was made. If true, a crime has been committed.

"We are duty bound to investigate the complaints. We will be speaking to Mr Lennon over the next few days."

During the bad-tempered match - which Celtic won 1-0 - Lennon clashed with Diouf in the 35th minute, moments after Steven Whittaker had become the first of three Gers players to be sent off.

The Senegalese striker ran towards the R*ngers bench to speak to boss Walter Smith and his assistant Ally McCoist.

But the Celtic coaching staff were incensed that Diouf had appeared to elbow their physio Tim Williamson as he raced on to the pitch to treat an injured player.

Last night our source said: "Neil was angered by what he'd done, and told him so with some strong language. Diouf took exception to it and fired abuse back."

After a face-to-face confrontation in front of the Celtic dugout, the on-loan Ranger was pulled away by some of his teammates. It's at this point that Lennon has been accused of making a racist slur. But our source insisted: "There is no way Neil said anything racist to Diouf.

"He said, 'Ya f*****g d**k' to him. That's one of his regular phrases. It's outrageous for anyone to accuse Neil of racism."

To clear up the controversy, we hired lipreader expert Terrry Rouane to examine the Lennon and Diouf clash footage - and his verdict matched the Celt's version of events.

Terry, 64, who worked on the Nat Fraser murder case, said: "Neil appears to be saying to the player, 'Ya f*****g d**k'.

"People may think that he used a racial insult because the phrase involves similar lip movements to the alleged slur."

Mr Rouane also revealed what the Hoops gaffer said to McCoist, 48, during their bust-up at the end of the match. He told us: "Neil approaches Ally and, as he pats him on the back, he seems to say, 'I owe you mate.'

"Then, after McCoist says something with his back to the camera, Lennon pushes him and appears to say, 'F*** you, you b*****d', before the pair are split up."

We can reveal that after the full-time barney, Lenny invited Coisty to his office for a glass of wine and a bottle of beer.

Our insider said: "They were laughing and joking with each other. They couldn't believe they'd been fighting."

He hates how Irene and his son had to leave his house in the middle of the night

On Friday, a package posted to Lennon containing a hoax nail bomb was intercepted by cops in Saltcoats, Ayrshire.

And it was revealed that the Parkhead boss - who has also been sent bullets and received death threats from UDA thugs - is receiving round-the clock protection. Lennon was spotted with a minder at training on Friday. And we can reveal cops advised his family to flee his Glasgow home at 2am on February 21.

His partner Irene, 34, and five-year-old son Gallagher are still staying in a safe house - as fears are raised that Lennon might quit his post to protect them.

But our source insisted: "There's no way Neil will walk away from the team and job he loves. He's not a quitter."

"However, he hates how Irene and his son had to leave his house in the middle of the night because cranks might attack.

"He hates having to go everywhere with security guards. It's unbelievable."

Last night it emerged Lennon has been forced to miss today's trip to Donegal in Ireland, where Celtic will play Finn Harps in a benefit game for ex-Hoops star John Kennedy, 27, who had to quit the game.

A club source said there were fears he might by targeted by Loyalist terrorists.

He added: "We couldn't risk it."

We can also reveal Celtic chief Peter Lawwell has quizzed Lennon and assistant Alan Thompson over the race-taunt claim.

A club insider said: "They were both furious at the allegation. They are mystified why police have launched a probe - but will co-operate fully with them."

Celtic, who believe extremist R*ngers fans are behind the claims, have asked top QC Mr McBride to represent Lennon.

Last night he said: "These allegations are defamatory and outrageous with no substance whatsoever. This is part of a concerted campaign by malicious and despicable individuals to cause distress to Neil Lennon." Meanwhile Diouf's agent Willie McKay said the player "doesn't think he was racially abused". He added: "He thinks the matter is closed."

After Wednesday's clash, First Minister Alex Salmond announced he'll hold a summit at Hampden on Tuesday with Old F**m clubs and Strathclyde Police.

Last night a force spokeswoman said: "We can confirm we have received complaints regarding alleged events during the match. We are investigating."

I think the video of Lemon is inconclusive, the elephant in the room is the tunnel incident.

There's been nothing conclusive of anything IMO. All this is just coming from our opinion that because Diouf is black and Lennon said something to him it was a racist remark.

I'm more inclined to believe a professional lip-reader than a few guys on the forum.

What is noticeable is the wall of silence from the cottage industry of anti racist groups who always seem to have plenty to say when there us the slightest whiff of racism in the air

Regardless of what tlb said the racism from the stands was clear for all to hear and much worse than I've heard for years yet not a peep from the anti racist groups

Wonder why that is