*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Been romping the domestic scene with Rangers but really struggled in Europe as im not one for tinkering with tactics to be honest , set up my way and go for it usual a costly thing away from home tbh , best i did was a SF in the Europa league .

Niang is a beast though spent all my money on him when he was 16 for £5m and sold him 4 years later for £25m after he scored 48 golas in 40 games

Gladbach, in the Bundesliga. I've seen him play a few times and he's a cracking prospect, so as soon as I started the game I shortlisted him so I'd be informed of any news regarding him. He must have knocked back contracts from them about eight times, so I don't think it's just a fluke that he let his contract run down in my game. The only problem I can see is if he's been picked up by another side in the meantime.

Without searching back to find the name of the keeper you are talking about , i think i signed him and yes he is fantastic (tu) although only had for 6 games before i left for the EPL but Martin Jol took over after me and used him ahead of Mcgregor and the 3rd choice keeper i had

Put my Raith game on hold for the time being, taking over at Bayer Leverkusen. Disabled summer transfers, but my team is looking great anyway. Going well domestically, won 7-0 against an amateur team in the cup, and just held Bayern at the Allianz Arena. Few screen shots from the season so far:

b4z19e.png

Wolfsburg! :ohmy:

30k4juw.png

Disastrous result in Europe, and got Barcelona and Lyon to come...

Also was checking out how Rangers were doing, and due to summer transfers being disabled (normally sign Jamie Mackie), they were in need of a striker...

a27mv6.png

He's done well to be fair. :pipe:

Yet again he steps up and plays.

351hkt1.jpg

There's only one;

zj9xjq.jpg

Don't know why it say's he's only scored 1 in 5 in the league, he's defo scored more than that.

Hopeful of pulling off a draw in both legs against Inter, pumping Zenit & Bosnian team along the way to hope Zenit or the Bosnians do me a favour by holding Inter to a draw, unlikely though.

January 2012, and I'm 7 points clear the the top, unbeaten. Despite a 2-1 victory over Barcelona at Ibrox, and despite getting 9 points in total, I finished third in my UCL group; AEK Athens are the EL opposition in February.

Transferwise, I've sold Whittaker and Bocanegra, while I've brought in Karim Ait Fana and Scott Allan on pre-contracts.

You need to look at bringing in Antonio Candreva on a pre-contract.

Started a season with Basel. Won the league and cup in my first year but went out in the Champions League group stages. I finished bottom but was only 2 points off 2nd :anguish: If I make the group stages this season then I am hoping to do better.

Got a few free signings in my first season - Hildebrand, Moras, Hinkel & Atouba. Signed Markus Henriksen from Rosenborg for £4.7m and Sebastien Dubarbier initially on loan for 6 months and then permanently for £925k. Let some fringe players leave for small fees and loaned out a few players.

Into my second season and I have started to change things a bit. Signed Daniel Carvalho, Mohammed Abu, Roman Kienast, Germano Vailatti & Marc Muniesa on free transfers. Freiburg were relegated from the Bundesliga so I signed Papiss Cisse for £6.5m and Beg Ferati for £2.2m. Cisse has had a terrific start to the season. 2 goals, 3 assists and 1 MOTM in 2 games. I let Atouba and Hildebrand leave on free transfers and sold Streller, A Frei, Kovac & Moras.

So here is my team now -

Sommer

Hinkel Abraham Dragovic Voser

Henriksen Huggel

Shaqiri F Frei Stocker

Cisse

Shaqiri and Stocker are currently away at the Olympics :anguish: But Steinhofer and Dubarbier have done well in their absence. Got Levadia Tallinn in the Champions League next.

Having a mare in the Champions League. A 1-0 home defeat to Genk was followed by 1-0 defeats in Lyon and Barcelona. Need to beat Genk away and try and nick something at home to Lyon or Barca to go through, to the Europa at least.

Going well domestically though, a point ahead of Bayern. Ballack out for a month though, while Adler (who hasn't played all season) is back in 4 weeks. Ballack was out of contract in the summer, so managed to bring him down £20,000 for another year.

So I've just hit the half way stage of Peterhead's first voyage into the SPL, and things - again - started horribly.

I went the whole preseason without a win (I played Man City twice, as well as a host of Premiership teams) and started the new season in similar fashion. I managed to pick up a few wins here and there just to keep myself afloat, but recently I've been doing much better.

peterheadfixturesfixtur.png

The highlight of my recent run is undoubtedly the fantastic win against Rangers at Balmoor Park (a win I was not proud of in the slightest for obvious reasons).

peterheadvrangersinform.png

The stats don't tell the whole story, really. Rangers were shooting straight at my keeper the whole game and giving him nothing to do, while I was being kept from a 4-0 scoreline by the amazing McGregor. Rangers brought on Griffiths after McKay got injured, and I decided to sit in and hope for the best by playing on the counter and, to my surprise, it worked! Mikael Dorsin tried to cut out a cross heading for Mrisho Ngassa and instead diverted it past McGregor and into an empty net.

The star player of recent weeks is Mrisho Ngassa. Signed for £14k last season, he's gone on to become my best player by a country mile and I'll do well to hold onto him in the forthcoming January transfer window.

mrishongassaoverviewpro.png

So I'll keep trying to win games, and it should be possible. I don't come up against another Old Firm side for a while, and I should be able to give most of the teams above me a decent enough game in the run in. So wish me luck! Oh, and Hearts are bottom.

clydesdalebankpremierlej.png

Fizzing. Led Barcelona at the Bay Arena for a total of 4 minutes, before pretty much dominating in chances. Hit the bar twice with 10 to go, and suddenly Iniesta popped up with no defence in sight to knock home a winner. Genk drew with Lyon, so I now need to win in Genk and at home to Lyon to make the Europa.

Absolutely despise my midfielders just taking shots from wherever, and going miles wide. Sam and Barnetta do it 10 times out of 10 when in a good position, and every time they go wide. Rolfes, clean through on goal, Derdiyok and Schurrle in the middle to tap it in if he passes, and he decides to narrow the angle for some ridiculous reason, and shoot pathetically wide. 2 more points dropped, and the game is now starting to get on my tits.