Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

Too many false dawns so trying not to get carried away but just read Sir Walter's statement and the heart is pumping with pride!

It is men of his ilk that make being a Ranger so special, and deep down every other club in Scotland, and their fans, know this. That is why they want their pound of flesh now, enjoy it, it will be fleeting!

Please let this go through so we can get our club back where it belongs!

Of course there will be concerns given what we have endured in recent times

BUT

When it comes down to it who will you trust to do best for the CLUB, Green or Smith

Let's hope that Walter and his backers either get the club directly or do a deal to cover Greens outlay and give him a quick return (though i just heard clyde say new bid only £5ook more than Greens)

Walter has gathered this consortium together and says they are all in it to SAVE RANGERS.

Jim McColl, Douglas Parks and other "prominent" businessmen.

I trust Walter 110%, this is the one, this it it. Walter Smith's Newco is the way to go, he won't let anybody fuck the Club over again.

A lifeline at last.

Whilst we haven't seen any details on "Walters" bid, surely we should be asking some questions.

I have no wish to be negative, but a lot of the folk urging caution over the past while are now turning cartwheels and nobody is doing what they insisted we do, and ask questions.

Who is in this consortium and what are their plans.

Is it just TBK, with Walter as frontman as they cynically knew that would win votes ?

What are the plans ?

How much are they putting in of their own money and how is their bid funded ?

Will they be having a share issue like Green was slated for ?

What will they use to provide working capital ?

We mustn't let Walters involvement, albeit welcome, to cloud the issues.

No doubt I'll get pilloried for this, but we've been diddled before and must be eternally vigilant.

Once bitten and all that. Fool me once and whatever. You're spot on with the cautious theme but I think the fact that Walter is involved means that the vital element of trust is boosted 10 fold.

That would be my take on it. I cannot believe that Walter would be part of a 'get rich quick scheme' or any other plan that would in any way cause harm to the club.

Questions must be asked as they should with every bid, however Walter will have done his research before getting involved and he wouldn't help anything unless it was for the good of Rangers

Can someone clarify here? According to Walter's statement it looks like there won't be any Newco. Does this mean HMRC have already given an amount they will accept? And if so, does this mean they would no longer be going after Murray and Whyte?

By fuck this isnae half confusing!

It will be on a Newco basis the same as Green.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18447530

i would LOVE to see walter back as much as the next fan however we would be naive to think green will simply walk away, he's invested far too much already to do that.

What I fear is that now Sir Walter has announced this we're back to the infighting and bickering again like the tbks etc, as it stands greens the man with the power in terms of his agreement with D&P's IMO it would be unwise to start waging war against the guy who pretty much holds us in the palm of his hand. It's hardly going to help any potential negotiations with walters consortium.

God, just when i thought we were about to get things sorted it feels like we're back to square one again. :anguish:

I'd imagine all will lead to newco.

HMRC rejected the CVA on the basis of non-payment of PAYE etc. Their stance wont change.

We do need more info about Walters' bid but as far as I have read on twitter, Green has stated "if you want the club then come and talk to me"

Jim McColl is the beginning and the end of any discussion on credibility.

As I said elsewhere it has been a painful process but in retrospect it always had to reach the point fans accepted a newco before the reluctant bears stepped in. Seriously I am like the rest of you obviously a true blue but money is money. You don't need to buy the shares and the debt for 100m when you can wait until now and do it for less than 10m.

If Green can be dealt with then genuinely guys THIS IS IT!

i would LOVE to see walter back as much as the next fan however we would be naive to think green will simply walk away, he's invested far too much already to do that.

What I fear is that now Sir Walter has announced this we're back to the infighting and bickering again like the tbks etc, as it stands greens the man with the power in terms of his agreement with D&P's IMO it would be unwise to start waging war against the guy who pretty much holds us in the palm of his hand. It's hardly going to help any potential negotiations with walters consortium.

God, just when i thought we were about to get things sorted it feels like we're back to square one again. :anguish:

Bloody hell mate. Look on the bright side of life eh?

Green has always stated his intention is to sell us on. If he can make a profit within a day of buying us, he will be interested. Fan power comes into play. No Rangers fan will buy a season ticket should Green just refuse to sell to Walter. Walter has essentially just slain him

For me its a piece of shit that sounds as if comes from a tarrier because its so leftfield! Not sayin ur a tarrier mate, just the sort of thing they may say to get our hopes up. Fuck it bring souness in as well, tell gazza to bring the chicken, four cans and a fishing rod.

I will personally eat my gers scarf if it is true , bollock naked outside ibrox!

ha ha ha, have you set a date for this, 1st game at ibrox, centre circle, go on..give us all a laugh. lesson learned...never under estimate the Dunny.

Usually I leave work at 4pm or thereabouts.

Today I think I'll hang around a bit longer. The reason why I hear you ask, well here's the rub. I work in the High Street, bottom end, near the Trongate and believe it or not all I can hear is the weeping and wailing and gnashing of toothless gums from outside.

There'll be a few "Five Bairn Bridgets" get the hairy side of the tattooed haun the night.

God Bless Sir Walter. WATP :beer1: