Broadfoot "agrees in principle" to be released

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough the guy transferred over but to be honest, i'm delighted he is away. His wages were well to high for the level of player, the guy is a liability and before people say who have we got to replace him ? well anestis argyriou and darren cole for a start at right back and we have several centre backs still at the club

whilst i'm not a Broadfoot fan, it would have been interesting to see how he would have done if he was played in his correct position for a sustained period of time - particularly if it was with say Sir David. i saw him in a match on RTV once playing CH (think it was U21 game?) and i was impressed with some of his build up play from defence - he even went on a Beckenbaur-esqu run at one point! maybe he could have made the step up if he wasnt thrown into RB.

Kirk is a great example of a player we should be replacing with one of our talented youths.

Serious question..

Do we have a talented young right back?

I know Cole came in a few years back in a CL game and done us proud but he has not been seen ever since really and you would think after being given that kind of exposure he would have been used more.

We need more defenders and fast, I wasn't the biggest fan of broadfoot but in the situation we are in, if it's true he was told he wasn't needed, sadly at this time when we don't exactly have players galore, seems a bit strange, if he wanted to go, don't need people who dont want to play for us :(

What is going on with Boca? Keep hearing, he's going, he's staying?

We need more defenders and fast, I wasn't the biggest fan of broadfoot but in the situation we are in, if it's true he was told he wasn't needed, sadly at this time when we don't exactly have players galore, seems a bit strange, if he wanted to go, don't need people who dont want to play for us :(

What is going on with Boca? Keep hearing, he's going, he's staying?

no we don't sure it would be nice to get another fullback as backup but it's not urgent

we have Carlos Bocanegra, Emilson Cribari, Ross Perry, Sebastian Faure, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty & Luca Gasparotto who are CB we are overloaded there

we have Lee Wallace and the Greek guy as fullbacks but Bocanegra, Perry, Faure, Cole, Hegarty & Little can play there if needed.

The position we need to strengthen most is on the Wing nothing else is really urgent.

Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky

#SSN learns Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot has agreed in principle to be released from the club

I also agree in principle that Kirk should be released from the club.

Mine is a footballing principle. :uk:

Good luck Kirk, you may need it.