Police assulting fans in BF1

Choccymandela

The worst part of it was in the concourse, nobody in other stands witnessed it.

That is where the batons came out, according to reports. ;)

Yes, I'm aware of some "reports" giving that version but what was posted from someone who admits he wasn't at the game was giving the impression that the police waded in with batons to people in the seated area facing the ground. In other words, total misinterpretation.

Indeed.

Times like these are eye openers though, i'd back Rangers fans up 100% of the time no matter what the situation was. Being a fellow bear, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Yet you only get the people who didn't witness the incidents saying you can't blame the police etc, yet everyone who did witness it shares the same opinions that is was an overreaction and it was simply police brutality.

As been said, they've been gunning for something like last night to happen for a while.

Yes, I'm aware of some "reports" giving that version but what was posted from someone who admits he wasn't at the game was giving the impression that the police waded into people in the seated area facing the ground. In other words, total misinterpretation.

I'm sure most saw what happened at the stairs. The police nearly causing a crush and caused severe injuries to some people.

Yes, I'm aware of some "reports" giving that version but what was posted from someone who admits he wasn't at the game was giving the impression that the police waded in with batons to people in the seated area facing the ground. In other words, total misinterpretation.

Naw. What Stato said.

Do you know what I find most interesting... its the same anti-traditionalists on here that are quick to blame UB and defending the police ... best thing is... probably not even at the game......

Spot on ... the idea that the police don't go over the score at football is ludicrous remember a few years back some off duty bear cops blew the whistle on their colleagues engaged in thuggish behavior at septic park

Ha that's a bit off. Plenty of police officers do their jobs well. Some don't.

In my personal experience there's certainly a swing to the side of the police that don't do their jobs well. It's the culture of today, not many people care about what they're doing aside from the pay cheque and in my opinion the police are the worst for it, especially when they have such an important job.

Indeed.

Times like these are eye openers though, i'd back Rangers fans up 100% of the time no matter what the situation was. Being a fellow bear, you get the benefit of the doubt.

Yet you only get the people who didn't witness the incidents saying you can't blame the police etc, yet everyone who did witness it shares the same opinions that is was an overreaction and it was simply police brutality.

Plenty of arseholes can be Rangers fans, I have a couple that sit behind me.

However, you're correct that people jumping to those type of conclusions without even being there is ridiculous.

Don't have the time to read this massive thread, so all I have to say on it is this:

I was in BR4 for the first time ever last night!

And I was so proud of BF1 - their energy spread all the way up to my corner, and significantly enhanced my whole experience :21:

They even had me singing along for much of the game - and I'm an old codger!

Can't wait to be in amongst them in A7 at Hampdump :thumbup:

trying not to say anything until an official statement is made by the union bears, but fuck me some people on here :hanged:

what ever happened to bears sticking together, or one common cause. people slagging the only fans that can be arsed creating any kind of atmosphere. I envy the older bears that had the experience of the old ibrox roar.

for those that keep saying the minority should stop singing these songs, the only conclusion i can come to is you were not at the game, and are jumping to conclusions.

The whole stadium stood up and sang, all four stands on their feet singing super rangers with all the words.

Kind of hard to miss if you were there.

also the police did not enter the stands because of singing. they have stated they had witnessed a disturbance and went to make arrests, what they really mean is they dont want to pin point the reason they entered the stands, as we will deem it as not sufficent enough for policemen in full gear pushing their way into rows, stopping people from leaving the ground in protest by force, the use of batons on minors, horses and riot vans blocking turnstiles.

We should be protecting our own especially children who just want to go to ibrox and wave flags, sing songs and enjoy themselves, cant believe i need to say that would have thought it was obvious that children should not be hit by adults using batons.

I was there in my usual seat and I DID NOT sing anything sectarian so do NOT generalise!

The ONLY point I am making in this thread is that I support the police and their right to go and make arrests as they see fit!

You however seem to assume the police are always wrong!

I was once like you and thought the Police got it right all the time.

But now I reallise they do get things wrong .

Quite often too.

On a note with regards to this Topic .Police Batons should never be used to hit people on the Head in any circumstances.

trying not to say anything until an official statement is made by the union bears, but fuck me some people on here :hanged:

what ever happened to bears sticking together, or one common cause. people slagging the only fans that can be arsed creating any kind of atmosphere. I envy the older bears that had the experience of the old ibrox roar.

Great tactic to get people on your side :lol: Agree a lot of the stuff said is absolute shite but.

Been reading this thread for a while, and being a guest, it really just encourages you to sign-up and actually get things right with people that have it all wrong.

Yes, everyone has an opinion, so be it some are often shaded, but thanks to the BF1 lads, it actually gives Ibrox some atmosphere. In all honesty, the police and stewards should be running around hitting everyone else on the head with batons for not contributing to the atmosphere.

Obviously I'm only joking, as it's horrendous that police decided to take this action, and nobody should be struck with a baton for attempting to liven up the stadium. I don't think anyone knows EXACTLY what had occured and kicked things off, and we shouldn't be speculating as it just twists things and then you have everyone telling different stories etc. If there were sectarian songs being sung, then yes, the police were right to start handing out arrests. People should accept it and move on. Whether the UB lads reacted to these arrests or not, it's UNACCEPTABLE to take the steps they did, and by bringing brute force into a football match. It's wrong, it's inhumane.

That is, if that's even what had happened, but anyway, what are we some caged animals they can just luck us up inside and just attack us all?

Something must be done.

The ONLY thing I did not like about UB/TBO last night was using the ILLEGAL Phrase and I did not like anyone using it. When they don't break the law as it stands then they are amazing!

I can't blame either side 100% but advise anyone who was there and who has a complaint against the police to make one ASAP!

The ONLY thing I did not like about UB/TBO last night was using the ILLEGAL Phrase and I did not like anyone using it. When they don't break the law as it stands then they are amazing!

I can't blame either side 100% but advise anyone who was there and who has a complaint against the police to make one ASAP!

This. I cant profess to know what happened as I wasn't there. But those who were and who witnessed the incidents and are 100% convinced this was entirely the police's fault and not that of Rangers fans have a responsibility to make their complaints about the behaviour

Asked before but no responses - anyone know anyone who was in BF1 who've made police complaints? If my 14/15 year old had been hit over the head with a baton and had done nothing wrong, i'd have been goin down the cop-shop ASAP.

I thought you were in favour of the heavy handedness of the police?

I watched the game on the laptop last night and was fuckin fuming at the penalty and LW getting sent off. After they missed the penalty and the singing started, I sang along (even the banned bits). I was totally buzzin and remember thinking, they coppers must be shitting themselves :000000082:

Now I'm thinking, was it exactly that? They shit themselves and felt they had to use force to regain control? It really wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. They are weak minded when it comes to confrontation. Look at the arse the coppers made of the London riots. They were like little pi, sorry, fishes out of water. So, to prevent things like that happening, they use violence against innocent people to instill fear in everyone else. I think what I'm trying to say is, they are bullies and bullies are shitebags.

Just to balance things up though, although I said I was singing along last night, I wouldn't behave in that way at a game. The 'We hate celtc, fen*an b@stards' line doesn't have to be screemed out in public. The septic cunts know we have always hated them, and we always will. It's a 2 two way street thing. Let's just support the team by concentrating on us and forgetting about the easily offended. We are number 1, so look after number 1. The best way to shut people up is to say nothing.

I thought you were in favour of the heavy handedness of the police?

Not in the slightest. But I realise that they have a job to do. I believe that both sides of the disagreement should have their say. Considering I wasn't there, I couldn't comment either way. If there is genuine proof of Police heavy-handedness they should be dealt with severely and if fans are convinced, as many are, then i'd expect complaints about police behaviour followed by punishment to said policemen through evidence of CCTV at Ibrox.

My only problem here is that some people would say black is white, as long as a fellow Rangers fan said it was. I think this is daft and naive. I cannot confirm a thing, but plenty are pointing out that banned songs were sung. If this is true, I don't see how anyone can complaing about police 'wading in' - what happened from there, I have no idea, they might well have been heavy handed. That is an issue that must be dealt with through the use of the CCTV, to show certain officers' guilt - as I said before, many seem utterly convinced, so I hope this comes to the pass with actual evidence (tu)