Reconstruction to fail?.

gogzy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol the Tims are in conspiracy mode! Green was seen at st mirren game so gilmour must be working with "sevco"! Lets boycott them!

I know we love a boycott on here but usually that is as a direct result or affect to our club....Celtic fans want to boycott because they perceive this will help us! They really are a strange bunch!

They really are idiots

the majority of fans of all teams are against 12-12-18, but as soon as Green came out against it then the internet bloggers, media etc were suddenly in favour of it

Fingers crossed Ross County stick to their word i see the tims are in meltdown should be a laugh on radio snyde tonight wahahaha

I thought the 11-1 voting would mean that only 1 club had to be against it?

I thought the 11-1 voting would mean that only 1 club had to be against it?

No it will pass 11-1....there needs to be at least 2 against it! I'd really like to hope that clubs will listen to their fans instead of the threats and blackmail!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-county/217310-ross-county-chairman-fears-league-reconstruction-could-drive-away-fans/

This is the most up to date statement I can find from Ross County.

I cannot see St Mirren's statement doing anything but strengthening these views - Adams is very much against it.

Assuming this fails, surely Doncaster has to go this time

http://sport.stv.tv/...rive-away-fans/

This is the most up to date statement I can find from Ross County.

I cannot see St Mirren's statement doing anything but strengthening these views - Adams is very much against it.

Assuming this fails, surely Doncaster has to go this time

Doncaster will stick it out, I am sure of that. He is not the sort of man to go willingly

Maybe missed where this was explained but was this in relation to payments under the new proposal or existing payments due?

If new why would it collapse due to not getting money they never had?

If existing can the SPL meet it's contractual commitments to the SFL? seems to me like they've been telt, no Rangers no deals..

This clears the way for the SFL to negotiate it's own tv deal.. at least a 2 year one while Rangers are in the SFL...likely longer as looks increasingly like the SPL won't be around much longer.

Clubs relegated from the SPL struggle to pay salaries on Div 1 income. They can't restructure all playing salaries in a close season.

If they start to downsize much further they'll have to go part time, thus becoming weaker and less likely to be promoted and stay up.

That lowers the standard of player and level of product.

This attempt to assist the second tier is about a safety net for relegated SPL teams and boost for SFL teams allowing them to stay full time and keep the standard of the product at a certain level.

Reports suggest that SFL 1 clubs are desperate for it.

Ongoing uncertainty over the detail of the supposedly 5year tv deal suggests that Sky may want some gimmick to make the product more interesting and raise viewing figures.

I'd like to see if no change means big problems too but this is separate from the 2nd tier pay off, but might be how they'd help pay for it. That's why they want an all or noting deal.

Anyway all it means is that it is more likely there will be an SPL2, by invitation only I suspect.

I'm not so sure this can actually happen mate.

The SFL clubs will HAVE to give notice to quit the SFL, and AFAIK that notice period is 3 years.

I'm not so sure this can actually happen mate.

The SFL clubs will HAVE to give notice to quit the SFL, and AFAIK that notice period is 3 years.

It can still be agreed, compensation would need to be agreed.

I believe there is precedent for this when the SPL was first created. The current payment from SPL to SFL is compensation for that very thing.

If compensation has to be agreed i'm sure Charlie has got a figure in his head that will make reconstruction unpalatable to the teams thinking of jumping ship wahahaha about £30 million would do it.

It can still be agreed, compensation would need to be agreed.

I believe there is precedent for this when the SPL was first created. The current payment from SPL to SFL is compensation for that very thing.

Were are the SPL going to get the money to pay more compensation over and above what they pay at present,with no sponsors for the league next year their income will be severely curtailed and means there will be less money to go around they might even struggle to pay the SFL what they are due ,they are a busted flush and they know it

Were are the SPL going to get the money to pay more compensation over and above what they pay at present,with no sponsors for the league next year their income will be severely curtailed and means there will be less money to go around they might even struggle to pay the SFL what they are due ,they are a busted flush and they know it

I said there was a precedent for it and there is, where they get the money is their issue. I suspect an increase in TV money as a result of our inclusion in an SPL2 would have something to with it.

We will find out soon enough.

From today's scotsman

ANNAN Athletic chairman Henry McClelland believes that the court case started by former Celtic star Harry Hood’s pub business can bring down the SPL – and he fears that they could take the rest of Scottish football with them if reconstruction goes ahead.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/harry-hood-s-pub-could-bring-down-spl-1-2882311

Excellent news.

The thought that they might be liable, will keep clubs from getting into bed with the SPL.

It will also make them financially toxic as nobody will extend credit to them in case they go tits up.

It would amuse me greatly to see the irony of an ex-celt bringing down the corrupt to the core SPL.

With pubs under immense financial pressures right now, they will be watching this closely with an eye to slapping in their own claim.

Theambulancechasers.com mob will have a field day.

Excellent news.

The thought that they might be liable, will keep clubs from getting into bed with the SPL.

It will also make them financially toxic as nobody will extend credit to them in case they go tits up.

It would amuse me greatly to see the irony of an ex-celt bringing down the corrupt to the core SPL.

With pubs under immense financial pressures right now, they will be watching this closely with an eye to slapping in their own claim.

Theambulancechasers.com mob will have a field day.

looks like some chairman are looking at the small print of the deal, and the overall bigger picture. This story seems to have been kept quiet today.