Reconstruction to fail?.

gogzy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from it being a stupid idea, why do we care ?

Rangers would be the only lower league team to win their league in the UK and not to be promoted if the new league set up comes in.

Also the sinking ship spl was desperate for this to happen and anything that's bad for them is good for us, watch them try and shaft knewco now once money starts getting tight something tells me the 11-1 voting structure may be changed very soon once this is voted down.

It should never have been considered for next season anyway, regardless of fuckin stupid the idea was. Whats the betting voting on reconstruction for the following season runs into next season?

Show them the TV deeds!

12-12-18 splitting into 3 of 8 carrying the 18 with a remainder of 12....aye nae bother

I hope for once C Young has his story right.

It appears that just maybe, St Mirren and Ross County have listened to their fans.

I certainly hope so.

I hope you're right.

I don't know how Ross Co and St Mirren have come to this decision. Was it was a boardroom decision or in consultation with their fans ?

My way of thinking is if they have listened to their fans it may be harder for them to change their minds with the amount of pressure that I'm sure they're about to face.

Whatever reason I hope they stand firm.

Thing is, if they want to go for a dramatic change, it would be 18-12-12, who the hell reconstructs by changing the bottom league?

12-12-18 is a gimmick to get TV and sponsors on board. The main problem with our game is the quality of football, and Rangers are missing from the top tier. It comes to no surprise to any of us that not even a year after we went down, our game has went into meltdown.

Our game does need revamping, though. But there isn't a lot wrong with the setup we currently have. I would leave the top tier the way it is, but add a play off between the second bottom of the SPL, and the second top of D1. I'd merge D2 and D3 into a north and south with the winners of each going into the first division.

18 teams in the top league is a total no goer. Not enough games against Rangers and Celtic, and not enough Old Firm games for TV to pump serious money in.

12-12-18 is a gimmick to get TV and sponsors on board. The main problem with our game is the quality of football, and Rangers are missing from the top tier. It comes to no surprise to any of us that not even a year after we went down, our game has went into meltdown.

Our game does need revamping, though. But there isn't a lot wrong with the setup we currently have. I would leave the top tier the way it is, but add a play off between the second bottom of the SPL, and the second top of D1. I'd merge D2 and D3 into a north and south with the winners of each going into the first division.

18 teams in the top league is a total no goer. Not enough games against Rangers and Celtic, and not enough Old Firm games for TV to pump serious money in.

Good post, particularly highlighting the gimmicky nature of the plan. This 5 year deal might be a little less cast iron than they make out.

The problem with regions is what if 2 teams to be relegated come from say the same area when there's a north and a south team to come up? Where do they go?

Are North and South defined by an arbitrary moving line?

Good post, particularly highlighting the gimmicky nature or the plan. This 5 year deal might be a little less cast iron than they make out.

The problem with regions is what if 2 teams to be relegated come from say the same area when there's a north and a south team to come up? Where do they go?

I think there are enough teams around the central area to slip into the other league if need be.This could be exciting or fans of that team. A brand new set of clubs to visit. The idea behind it is teams would not have ridiculous travel. Berwick Vs Peterhead? Come on. Who is going to travel up there for a 3 Division match? Berwick Vs Annan? Peterhead Vs Elgin? Sensible fixtures, relatively close together and hopefully more fans will attend.

Good post, particularly highlighting the gimmicky nature or the plan. This 5 year deal might be a little less cast iron than they make out.

Oleg, you may not be a fan of his but Gordon Waddell wrote a good piece saying the same thing plus a few other points back in January. Entitled "Game Changing Format Is an Incredibly Hard Sell "

He made a good few points that might interest you. Worth a Google.

If they genuinely want a better long-term product, then it needs to move away from the obsession with 4 games a season that can be sold to Sky, it needs more decent teams and a bigger league could support it. I do get that this is an uncommon view though.

Equally a greater fluidity between leagues and a pyramid structure are musts.

Oleg, you may not be a fan of his but Gordon Waddell wrote a good piece saying the same thing plus a few other points back in January. Entitled "Game Changing Format Is an Incredibly Hard Sell "

Indeed. Take my addition to the SPL of a relegation play off between second bottom, and second top. Are a team like say St. Mirren really gonna vote for something like that knowing hover around there? Are they buggery. Despite what would almost certainly be a game that would have a packed stadium between both sets of fans, and would be on TV.

If they genuinely want a better long-term product, then it needs to move away from the obsession with 4 games a season that can be sold to Sky, it needs more decent teams and a bigger league could support it. I do get that this is an uncommon view though.

I'd like a slightly bigger league as well mate. 14 i'd say is about as much as we can handle with out the arse end being complete cannon fodder. But the SPL teams need the cash from Us, Celtic, and Sky. The reason i don't bother going into a debate about it is because i think it would be written off immediately unless they can get the cash from else where. Like fining Rangers.

I agree, the problem is there's no competition, other clubs will never be able to fully compete until they can attract a fan base that equals ours and the scum and I don't see it ever happening also there's too many clubs and not enough of the pie to go round.

I've already given those bastards one click today just to access the text of their claims and dismiss it.

I'll maybe have look at a cached version if there is one.

I agree, the problem is there's no competition, other clubs will never be able to fully compete until they can attract a fan base that equals ours and the scum and I don't see it ever happening also there's too many clubs and not enough of the pie to go round.

I'm a big fan of teams that are close together merging. I agree, we have far too many teams. if Hibs and Hearts merged? Or Dundee and Dundee Utd? If they kept both sides of support, i think could be very decent.

As i keep reminding anyone from the backwater that is Scottish football,RANGERS WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO SELF-SUSTAIN,anywhere we are playing,we need no one to direct us ,we are the fulcrum in anything that is Scottish football and beyond.

Indeed. Take my addition to the SPL of a relegation play off between second bottom, and second top. Are a team like say St. Mirren really gonna vote for something like that knowing hover around there? Are they buggery. Despite what would almost certainly be a game that would have a packed stadium between both sets of fans, and would be on TV.

Agreed. Your spot on. It's one of many faults with this whole idea. It just annoys me that most of the bigger sportswriters just don't ask these questions.

I've already given those bastards one click today just to access the text of their claims and dismiss it.

I'll maybe have look at a cached version if there is one.

Understandable. It's just this topic is a bugbear with me. Particularly the lack of questions being asked by so called chief media reporters. So when one comes along I want to shout it from the rooftops !

As i keep reminding anyone from the backwater that is Scottish football,RANGERS WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO SELF-SUSTAIN,anywhere we are playing,we need no one to direct us ,we are the fulcrum in anything that is Scottish football and beyond.

Another fact,as far as im aware Sellik could have wrapped up the SPHELL today,so the tv companys in their wisdom have our game tomorrow at Hampden live on tv,yet nowhere near the Breezeblock for their celebrations,says it all really.......digest that one Clyde,BBC Scotland etc,viewing figures do not disguise the bigwigs of the major tv company's......

Another fact,as far as im aware Sellik could have wrapped up the SPHELL today,so the tv companys in their wisdom have our game tomorrow at Hampden live on tv,yet nowhere near the Breezeblock for their celebrations,says it all really.......digest that one Clyde,BBC Scotland etc,viewing figures do not disguise the bigwigs of the major tv company's......

League won . . . . and still the Biggest Show In Town !

I'm a big fan of teams that are close together merging. I agree, we have far too many teams. if Hibs and Hearts merged? Or Dundee and Dundee Utd? If they kept both sides of support, i think could be very decent.

I'm not sure if I've understood you completely! Do you mean that Dundee and Dundee united and hearts and hibs become one team? I don't know about the Dundee teams but hearts and hibs? C'mon! That's like asking us to merge with the bheasts from the east! Their rivalry is similar to ours

I'm not sure if I've understood you completely! Do you mean that Dundee and Dundee united and hearts and hibs become one team? I don't know about the Dundee teams but hearts and hibs? C'mon! That's like asking us to merge with the bheasts from the east! Their rivalry is similar to ours

No, 2 seperate teams. I know they wont, but i'm saying if they could keep both sets of fans on board, then they would pose a threat, or more of.