I'm not renewing whilst McCoist is still manager

GOAT

so what though?

So it's just as easy to renew despite shite football being offered up. I never started supporting Rangers because we played the best football, I'm not going to stop buying tickets because the football's shite. Anyone who does imo is worse than a bheast and should find another team to 'support'

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's just as easy to renew despite shite football being offered up. I never started supporting Rangers because we played the best football, I'm not going to stop buying tickets because the football's shite. Anyone who does imo is worse than a bheast and should find another team to 'support'

No. I'm just saying its got fuck all to do with you or I as to why a fan gives up his season ticket.

I've renewed btw. ;)

If enough people dont renew they'll shut the doors on Ibrox,regardless of the reasoning;they wont have time to sack McCoist,that is the cold hard reality.

Think the reality is that if the board continue to sit on their hands a sizeable number will not renew. Just a big mess.

Used my season tickets only a few times this season, let my brothers kids use them, sorry boys. Here's a really great idea give our money to a South African billionaire and let him decide the fate of our club"

​As a previous poster stated "If enough people don't renew they'll shut the doors on Ibrox", regardless of the reasoning, sure sounds like a plan to me!

PS there's no shame in not being able to afford a season ticket, there is in handing your cash to a charlatan!

No. I'm just saying its got fuck all to do with you or I as to why a fan gives up his season ticket.

I've renewed btw. ;)

I agree with you but as long as its a 'treacherous' act to want transparency in the blue room then it's just as bad doing it to force the manager out.

Said this last week renewal for has been binned

It will auto renew bud unless you write to the ticket centre saying you don't want to - at least that's what my renewal form said. Still undecided on whether to renew - too much uncertainty around the running of the club.

I mentioned before that when the ticket office call me as to why I'm not renewing my ST after 26 years, I'll say " take it out of Ally's wage packet, I'm sure he'll understand."

People who say they would buy one if hey could afford it are hiding behind a laptop and I don't buy that excuse

It will auto renew bud unless you write to the ticket centre saying you don't want to - at least that's what my renewal form said. Still undecided on whether to renew - too much uncertainty around the running of the club.

Paid it in the one go last season.. I'll contact club tho.

I mentioned before that when the ticket office call me as to why I'm not renewing my ST after 26 years, I'll say " take it out of Ally's wage packet, I'm sure he'll understand."

People who say they would buy one if hey could afford it are hiding behind a laptop and I don't buy that excuse

What a lot of shite. Some people just can not afford it.

must be nice to be up on that pedestal of yours.

No you won't.

I'm afraid change has to come.Not just because of Saturdays performance as i think the only mistake Ally made was taking Aird off for Clark.The problems lie alot deeper.His signings have been ok in certain areas but the players have regressed so that for me is a coaching problem in which Ally is in charge.

Foster should never even be able to look at a Rangers jersey never mind wear it...Daly,Law,Temps,Black and Sheils were all decent to good PL players but look slow and clueless these days. Can that be blamed on the opposition/league we are in or are coaching tactics causing our players to regress.?

This is a really tough one. I understand what people are saying the football is pish and boring and by not renewing then the board might actually listen to the fans because, lets face it, money talks. However I really think we have to look at the bigger picture. I've been saying all along that the fans saved the club because without the fans no-one would have invested money knowing that there would be no financial return. I feel the same now. Rangers are in desperate need of investment and if no-one renewed (I know this would never happen, I'm just being hypothetical) then no-one would invest. That is the real worry for me. It's not just about the loss of season ticket revenue but also about potential investors who might be put off because if season ticket sales are down then they might not see us as a viable "product".

As I've said before, I've never had the spare cash to buy a season ticket and might well never will. The truth is the OP has posted more anti-McCoist threads than most folk on here have actually posted on any topic. He has denied that he has be posting these with an agenda, well he can't do that any longer.

In the end it's his money to do what he likes with and I hope he does enjoy his time with the wee one because those days pass so quickly and before you know it the wee one won't be so wee and hanging out with mum and dad will be a non-starter. If you don't want to renew, don't it's a simple as that, but don't come online and try and make it sound like some grand gesture for the good of the club because it isn't and that goes or all of the ones who have been on this thread coming out with the same.

See here's the thing we won't be in the lower leagues much longer and how will you feel when people talk in the future when we win the SPL again about how we suffered to get back to the top and how much they are appreciating that day and all it represents. Will you really be able to look your fellow fans in the eye on that day?

The problem with withholding funds from the Club at this current time is that the Club desperately needs every penny it can get to stay on track. There is also the fact that there are two conflicting Regime Change Lobby groups out there at the moment. One wants rid of the current board and wants fans to not renew in order to clear out the current board. The other wants Ally out and there are some now arguing that withholding season ticket money may force that change. The problem is no one really will know if renewals are being withheld for which reason.

Withhold your money and play into the Hands of those wishing to change the board and you may end up reinforcing Ally's position. It is all an absolute mess.

I have to admit I feel every penny I put into Rangers these days is just funding a gravy train for a select group who live lifestyles I can only dream of, however I cannot imagine weekends without Rangers so I continue to support the Club. But it is hard these days being a Rangers fan. It is not the fact that we lost to Raith that sickens me, but rather the complete lack of desire that was on show by our team in Edinburgh. I can accept to a certain extent the defeat to Dundee Utd because at least the team looked as if they were prepared to go out and try to win. We do need change, but how that change is achieved is beyond me.

I'm getting my first season ticket for next year - support the club regardless of whether or not you are happy with the gaffer (tu)

with all due respect mate, it"s your first Season Ticket, the enthusiasm for that alone will give you the buzz you need, for long time Season Ticket holders the sense of being taken for a mug might be a bit too much to take

The problem with withholding funds from the Club at this current time is that the Club desperately needs every penny it can get to stay on track. There is also the fact that there are two conflicting Regime Change Lobby groups out there at the moment. One wants rid of the current board and wants fans to not renew in order to clear out the current board. The other wants Ally out and there are some now arguing that withholding season ticket money may force that change. The problem is no one really will know if renewals are being withheld for which reason.

Withhold your money and play into the Hands of those wishing to change the board and you may end up reinforcing Ally's position. It is all an absolute mess.

I have to admit I feel every penny I put into Rangers these days is just funding a gravy train for a select group who live lifestyles I can only dream of, however I cannot imagine weekends without Rangers so I continue to support the Club. But it is hard these days being a Rangers fan. It is not the fact that we lost to Raith that sickens me, but rather the complete lack of desire that was on show by our team in Edinburgh. I can accept to a certain extent the defeat to Dundee Utd because at least the team looked as if they were prepared to go out and try to win. We do need change, but how that change is achieved is beyond me.

I agree with much of what you have written but I would take you to task over the "gravy train" remark. Those previously involved in such regard are now all gone. There is no money for anyone to take out the front door let alone the back door. We only have one director on a full salary and that is Wallace. The Easdales don't take a salary. Somers is likely to get circa £50k per annum as chairman which is what M Murray and W. Smith got. Crichton as non-exec will get circa £40k per annum.

I agree with much of what you have written but I would take you to task over the "gravy train" remark. Those previously involved in such regard are now all gone. There is no money for anyone to take out the front door let alone the back door. We only have one director on a full salary and that is Wallace. The Easdales don't take a salary. Somers is likely to get circa £50k per annum as chairman which is what M Murray and W. Smith got. Crichton as non-exec will get circa £40k per annum.

JCD Big Bear- The gravy train I am referring to is the amount of wages going into the footballing operation not the current Directors- so I am in full agreement with you.

I'm not renewing either but only because the shifts for my new job are friday to monday, I toyed with getting one just to support the club but I buy enough merchandise ( I buy the home top for me, my auld man and my wee bro every year among other things) each season to make up for it and hopefully if they get a good fan membership scheme up and running I will pay into it.

And get to as many games as I can of course :uk: although it will be mostly cup ties and the odd midweek league game.