5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Great achievement but Jason Kenny & Laura Kenny still more deserving of Sports Personality of the Year award after becoming the most successful British male and female Olympians of all time.

They won’t win though will be behind the likes of Tom Daley, Radacuna & Hamilton because they aren’t as famous as the above names. 

No for me mate, commendable winning all those medals and that but this wee lassie has came from nowhere to create something a bit different, imo she deserves it.

Just now, don logan said:

No one has ever won a Slam from qualifying. Let alone not dropped a set or went to a tie break. And she's only 18. Give her a bike and she'll smoke the Kenny's too.

Not saying it’s not a great achievement but there have been plenty of great achievers this year. 

Its more fitting to reward those who have consistently done it over a number of years.

I’m sure her time will come soon enough if she carries on in the same way.

(not that BBC Sports Personality of the year is that important in the scheme of things I’m sure Olympic Medals/Grand Slams are what these athletes truly care about)

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Does it quite often with informal letters. There's also some thing that she's the only person who's legally allowed to superscribe an official document.

Reckon she can do what she likes basically :lol: 

That's mad. Fucking maverick.

7 minutes ago, don logan said:

No one has ever won a Slam from qualifying. Let alone not dropped a set or went to a tie break. And she's only 18. Give her a bike and she'll smoke the Kenny's too.

I wonder how much funding she has received compared to the fucking cyclist medal churners.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I wonder how much funding she has received compared to the fucking cyclist medal churners.

What the fuck has that to do with anything at this stage of her career....money is required in any sport to develop from grass roots....the greatest respect goes out to the kenneys and hoys of cycling but I'm not sure you are grabbing the magnitude of her result and performance at 18

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Fernandez is good player but I think if it wasn't the occasion Emma would have ran through her. She is a tank. Just look at her physically at 18. Think when 23-24. 

Arguably in the top 5 greatest sporting achievements in British history. 

I didn't see that from the match. Raducanu had her best success when she really went for the lines. She struggled to hit through Fernandez in the middle of the court. Fernandez also has significantly better touch at the net right now. What Emma seems to have that Fernandez doesn't is absolute calmness under pressure, and the ability to forget the last lost point.

Just now, hammer93 said:

What the fuck has that to do with anything at this stage of her career....money is required in any sport to develop from grass roots....the greatest respect goes out to the kenneys and hoys of cycling but I'm not sure you are grabbing the magnitude of her result and performance at 18

I think you have misread my post. I am saying that her achievement is vastly more impressive than Jason and Laura Kenny winning multiple medals in slightly different cycling disciplines after receiving huge amounts of support and funding over more than a decade.

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I think you have misread my post. I am saying that her achievement is vastly more impressive than Jason and Laura Kenny winning multiple medals in slightly different cycling disciplines after receiving huge amounts of support and funding over more than a decade.

I must have done mate....apologies :lol:

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

I didn't see that from the match. Raducanu had her best success when she really went for the lines. She struggled to hit through Fernandez in the middle of the court. Fernandez also has significantly better touch at the net right now. What Enna seems to have that Fernandez doesn't is absolute calmness under pressure, and the ability to forget the last lost point.

Better touch but Emma stronger on serve and hits harder. Plus she had some match points to win on Fernandez serve. It looks comprehensive as it is but I think it could have been better without the occasion such as it was. 

Fernandez has fantastic touch though. Physically she needs to get into the gym imo. Slight frame on her which may effect her power. 

Emma is brilliant on the others serve.

The attention on her is going to be insane now. America media will be all over her but also the British media will want her home ASAP. Sponsorship deals put to her worth multi millions from sport brands, watch brands, food brands etc. 

SPOTY guaranteed and maybe even a new years honour. 

I watched the game in a downtown pact Toronto bar. 20% there to support Raducanu (who was born in Toronto). My legions were torn as I spend time in my temporary home, but in the end, it didn't matter. Two beautiful, humble young girls who have a brilliant future in front of them.

Unlike two years ago when Andresscu and Serena battled. Two egotistical bad losers and obnoxious winners.

Great day after Tav's fab goal.

57 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I watched the game in a downtown pact Toronto bar. 20% there to support Raducanu (who was born in Toronto). My legions were torn as I spend time in my temporary home, but in the end, it didn't matter. Two beautiful, humble young girls who have a brilliant future in front of them.

Unlike two years ago when Andresscu and Serena battled. Two egotistical bad losers and obnoxious winners.

Great day after Tav's fab goal.

Was kind of the same mate, but have to admit I wanted Emma to win. You can take the boy out of Britain, but you can’t take Britain out of the boy. 😉🇬🇧