Ally McCoist warns fans to prepare for 'bumpy ride'

Bothwellbear

Even in the 3rd division when we were woeful we'd go 0-1 down and then come back to win 4-1, now we go a goal down and the players turn to Ally who crosses his arms, frowns, and expects some miraculous change. I dont see how anyone can think we'll improve under Ally, they just cross their fingers and hope, which is what Ally does on the sidelines.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He reckons winning titles against part timers was a great achievement and now it suits, suddenly there's a big difference between full time and part time.

He can't have it both ways.

If him and the players "dont get too down after a loss" there is something far wrong.

Especially on opening day at home.

That is coming from a man (and a team) in the unique position of a loss having no consequences.

Ally and the players regularly came out comparing the part time teams favourably with full time ones....mcculloch courted some controversy after comments on the subject but now there's a big difference in quality?????

Ally is embarrassing us as a club with his comments and inept management! We need a change NOW!

We've had Salmond Bingo where we tick off the little boxes with "Salmondisms" in such as Scaremongering, sabre rattling blah blah blah and now I reckon we could put a wee card together, along a similar line, called Coistys Full House.

Full time teams FFS!!!!! The last time I looked Rangers were a full time team, playing in leagues with part time teams, but showing part time attitude. Now we have a step up in class with full time teams and Rangers just cannae shake off that part time attitude of "strolling" through the league playing piss poor football.

Ally should show a little more respect for those paying his exhorbitant wages.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist warns fans to prepare for 'bumpy ride' in the Championship

McCOIST has been the target of Gers' fans criticism following the opening day defeat to Hearts but says there are a lot of tough days ahead as the look to book a return to the top flight.

SNS Group JS42237380-2.jpg Ally McCoist is prepared for a rocky ride this season

ALLY McCOIST admits Rangers fans should get ready for a bumpy ride this season but insists the only thing that matters is sealing a return to the top flight.

The Ibrox boss has endured criticism after the defeat to Hearts in their Championship opener and there were even grumbles after the Petrofac Training Cup win over Hibs.

Gers aim to get back on track at Falkirk tonight but McCoist said: “It’s going to be a bumpy ride, it was a bumpy ride on Sunday. We need to smooth things over and get moving again.

“It’s a long journey this season but most fans know it will be tougher. The majority of teams we’re playing are full-time, they’re better quality than those in the last two seasons.

“We’re disappointed but we don’t go crazy when we win and don’t get too down when things don’t go our way. If you treat victories and defeats with a similar level of sanity then you’ve got a chance.”

"We’re disappointed but we don’t go crazy when we win and don’t get too down when things don’t go our way"

Does that equate to having a Karoke when you have lost a Cup Final (albeit not a major one) or does that mean spending more time in Nando's than on the traing ground which is maybe why Rangers can't defend corners or take them.

Overall the use of the ball is a disgrace

:nosfa::brokensfa:

It's never time for those chants. He's a legend who's not a great manager but he's not a scumbag is he. I think if fans really feel a need to protest then sending e-mails/petitions is the best way for it. Protesting with dignity.

Bollocks. Nobody said, or ever would say, he is a scumbag. That's ridiculous.

What many of us are saying is that Ally is making a James Hunt of things and has been since day one. He needs to go pronto and if it takes verbals from the stands then so be it.

Legend as a player, utterly clueless as a manager.

I still can't get my head round why Walter Smith insisted he was to be his successor.

Was it a parting present for his buddy? That's the only logical reason I can think of because it certainly was fuck all to do with his coaching 'skills'.

We've had Salmond Bingo where we tick off the little boxes with "Salmondisms" in such as Scaremongering, sabre rattling blah blah blah and now I reckon we could put a wee card together, along a similar line, called Coistys Full House.

Full time teams FFS!!!!! The last time I looked Rangers were a full time team, playing in leagues with part time teams, but showing part time attitude. Now we have a step up in class with full time teams and Rangers just cannae shake off that part time attitude of "strolling" through the league playing piss poor football.

Ally should show a little more respect for those paying his exhorbitant wages.

"Coistys full house" should definitely include:

• "We can and will do better..."
  • "All about promotion to the top league..."
  • "Some decent, full time teams..."
  • "Need another signing or two..."
  • "It's Charles Greens fault..."

"Coistys full house" should definitely include:

• "We can and will do better..."
  • "All about promotion to the top league..."
  • "Some decent, full time teams..."
  • "Need another signing or two..."
  • "It's Charles Greens fault..."

Don't forget the wind...

I still can't get my head round why Walter Smith insisted he was to be his successor.

Was it a parting present for his buddy? That's the only logical reason I can think of because it certainly was fuck all to do with his coaching 'skills'.

Tin hat on but Walter was one of the most overrated managers i football.

Yes he won a lot of titles..against who though? Would you say Lennon was a good manager winning 3 titles without us being there or points deduction.

His record in Europe apart from 92 and the UEFA run was impressive. He knew how to beat the scum but for around 80% of the time the scum where finished and offered no real competition.

He went to Everton and his style of football was detested and his results terrible. I'm sorry he's a legend but id rather Ally learned off Dick Advocaat than SWS

This is a very negative statement from Ally. Ally has changed so much from the young positive, enthusiastic striker we had, to a negative, apprehensive manager. This negativity must filter through to the players. If, as I suspect, he is here long term then he really needs to change his manner and adopt some optimism and positivity.

Yes he won a lot of titles..against who though? Would you say Lennon was a good manager winning 3 titles without us being there or points deduction.

His record in Europe apart from 92 and the UEFA run was impressive. He knew how to beat the scum but for around 80% of the time the scum where finished and offered no real competition.

He went to Everton and his style of football was detested and his results terrible. I'm sorry he's a legend but id rather Ally learned off Dick Advocaat than SWS

Can't entirely agree, Walter had his flaws and bad points on his track record, but he was an excellent manager in Scottish Football who knew how to win titles 9 times out of 10.

Actually agree with most of this. One point you missed out was the fact the Walter had excellent man-management skills something he failed to pass on to McCostalot.

Can't entirely agree, Walter had his flaws and bad points on his track record, but he was an excellent manager in Scottish Football who knew how to win titles 9 times out of 10.

(tu)

Had Smith gone back to England I think he would have done a lot better the second time around because I think he improved as a manager significantly between his first spell with us and his second spell.

He will never win plaudits for the style of football but he proved with us and with Scotland that he has the ability to get just about any team well organised and hard to beat.

Serious question....McCoist had the winning mentality as a player, no - one can deny that,so when the fuck did he develop this seemingly defeatist attitude?

I genuinely think he expects to win every game but he goes public with this pish as he thinks it will cushion the blow of a defeat.

We should be changing our approach, other teams aren't scared of us anymore so I don't see why we shouldn't be talking ourselves up before matches.

"Falkirk are a good team but we have better players and should be taking the 3 points"

I actually cringe when I read any of his statements or hear his interviews and for the first time ever I will not be watching the team I love on the box tonight. I just can't watch anymore inept

Performances from us and as for the three wise

Men in the dug out I just wish they would do us

All a favour and get as far away from the rangers

As possible then maybe we can start the rebuilding if it's not already too late.