McCoist stays

derekweir29

Hold on for a Second..................It has to be announced to Stock exchange first tommorrow morning surely ?? And how do we know hes being kept on as rangers Manager instead of getting Tinys job or something...... Who knows, Rangers are a total disgrace, and a bet they ll be hardly anyone in ibrox on saturday if hes still in charge of team

And by the looks of it hes going nowhere either

Surely he knows the gig is up? No right minded man would want to continue in his position.

It's all about the money and a big game of call my bluff. The board know he's finished but in my opinion are hoping he buckle to the pressure and walk away with no pay off. It's going to backfire badly as at this rate we're not winning any league or playoff games.

If you truly love the Rangers you'll sit in the house on Saturday. McCoist can never be allowed to pick another Rangers team with our consent and if you attend then you're condoning his pathetic managing of our great club. If mccoist goes the crowds go up and revenue is created ,its that simple.

Starting to think this whole thing is a McCoist powerplay. He knows we can't afford to pay his contract out, and he knows we can't afford to pay his higher salary.

I just hope he has an endgame.

endgame is him retiring, with a big payoff, then coming out in favour of the king camp, where he hopes to be reinstated

just a theory.

Ally McCoist will remain as Rangers manager after a 40-minute meeting at Ibrox on Wednesday afternoon, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that only three people were present - non-executive director Derek Llambias, chairman of the football board Sandy Easdale and McCoist himself - for what were described as 'cordial discussions'.

Rangers confirmed on Monday that McCoist had handed in his resignation but that the notice period of his contract was 12 months.

The Ibrox board had also announced that McCoist's salary had reverted to £750,000 for the final year of his contract; the manager had taken a 50% pay cut in January 2014 as part of a cost-cutting exercise.

McCoist took over from Walter Smith in 2011 when Rangers were in the Scottish Premier League, but his period in charge has coincided with the club's financial meltdown.

Liquidation

Administration and subsequent liquidation saw newco Rangers begin life in the fourth tier of Scottish football at the start of the 2012-13 season. Despite having to work under the shadow of constant boardroom upheaval and continued financial uncertainty, McCoist led the team to successive promotions. But this season Rangers have struggled for fluency and trail Championship leaders Hearts by nine points, having played a game more, as they attempt to reach the Scottish Premiership.

McCoist will now prepare his team for Saturday's game against Livingston, another Scottish Championship side who are suffering their own financial problems.

The only conclusion is that they couldn't come to an agreement re a payoff. As we dont know who was digging there heels in, there is nobody to point the finger at.

Fuckin hell - thats a disaster.

It's in the boards power to put him on 'gardening leave' and promote someone else. They didn't, haven't, won't?

Fuck the pope, the ira and the Rangers board.

endgame is him retiring, with a big payoff, then coming out in favour of the king camp, where he hopes to be reinstated

just a theory.

Gogzy I don't think your far from the truth. It's admin and help king in the door or he's a money grabbing bastard ! Either or he is out of order as his football is gash and embarrassing. McCoist is now bigger than Rangers !

Ally knows the club cannot afford to pay him off in one payment, and is playing hard ball with the club and fans he is supposed to love, aye right.

I really did expect the worst outcome today would be gardening leave, but I was wrong and feel just about as bad as I did on the day we went into administration. :(

How long can Ally play this game of trying to be a football manager ?