Booing Our Own Players

Falcon Punch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These players are professional footballers, they are paid to play football, entertain and particularly at rangers, get results, if they are not doing so they should expect some sort of stick. Granted if there were problems with wages etc they could get cut some slack but not one payment has been delayed this season. The players and staff and ultimately the board deserve to be booed irrespective of what shirt they have on. People are paying good money every week home and away to watch a team with no tactical sense whatsoever, I have literally seen better junior sides this season and that is down to -

1 - lack of leadership by the coaching staff

2 - no sense of development in terms of players and team

3 - lack of or no tactical work at auckenhowie

4 - lack of professionalism I.e. Laid back approach, makings cups of tea and playing Simon says at training.

Until McDowell leaves and is replaced with a coach who can lead a team as well as having new ideas, I won't be back at ibrox and I'm sure some others will feel the same. 4-0 hibs, 2-1 hearts, 2-0 hearts, 3-1 hibs, 3-2 Alloa, 2-1 Raith rovers, any other manager regardless of the circumstances would be pumped out the door with his coaching staff following.

I missed most of the game against Raith (Thank fuck) ... Were any of the players booed when they got the ball? By the support in unison? This is what I am getting at.

People can shout abuse at players etc, no problem with that at all!

Not booed but there was a lot of hostile shouts when they made the usual arse of things.

First time I've heard a Rangers player get cheered because he was actually getting taken off and not for his performance.

As the title reads.

First of all can I say this is something that I do not support and is wrong, you should never boo anyone in the Rangers shirt, while on the park. Showing the players your displeasure at half time or on the final whistle by booing - given the current situation and heartless wasters in our strips - is going to happen, and they mostly deserve it.

This being said, would you start to boo the likes of Ricky Foster, Ian Black and Jig, while on the park, if it got the message across to the managment team, and they were dropped for youth? I know this is controversial, but the anger I feel from not just on here but the Rangers support as a whole seems to suggest it could happen, at some point. Would this get the undroppables dropped? Does the current manager even know our feelings towards these imposters?

Tin hat on.

Nonsense

I booed Ian Black off the park on Sunday because he is a disgrace to the jersey.

I'd never boo a Rangers player on the park during play because I want them to keep trying and hopefully improving.

In Blacks case good manners are wasted.

He is a useless wee waster who doesnt give a single fuck about our club or what it takes to be a Rangers player.

Fuck him. Hope he never plays again.

These players are professional footballers, they are paid to play football, entertain and particularly at rangers, get results, if they are not doing so they should expect some sort of stick. Granted if there were problems with wages etc they could get cut some slack but not one payment has been delayed this season. The players and staff and ultimately the board deserve to be booed irrespective of what shirt they have on. People are paying good money every week home and away to watch a team with no tactical sense whatsoever, I have literally seen better junior sides this season and that is down to -

1 - lack of leadership by the coaching staff

2 - no sense of development in terms of players and team

3 - lack of or no tactical work at auckenhowie

4 - lack of professionalism I.e. Laid back approach, makings cups of tea and playing Simon says at training.

Until McDowell leaves and is replaced with a coach who can lead a team as well as having new ideas, I won't be back at ibrox and I'm sure some others will feel the same. 4-0 hibs, 2-1 hearts, 2-0 hearts, 3-1 hibs, 3-2 Alloa, 2-1 Raith rovers, any other manager regardless of the circumstances would be pumped out the door with his coaching staff following.

So are only following the team when there winning???

So are only following the team when there winning???

No not At all I will always follow rangers win, lose or draw but my point is, for the past 3 years we have paid good money home/away week in week out and not played good football, under mccoist it was long ball to the front men and play off the scraps and that has continued onto the McDowell regime, there must be 5+ coaching staff on the books if you include durrant, McDowell, mccoist, durie, jim Stewart etc yet not one of them have any new ideas, anyone who thinks the past three years rangers have played good football is quite frankly delusional, we have had the chance to win 10+ trophies including the challenge cup and only one 2 being the two leagues, as for the "you only support rangers when we are winning" quote, that is not the case I am however: fed up of the same routines, watch rangers on Friday night and I can almost garuntee, we will get torn to shreds down the flanks as we try to shore up the midfield everyone drifts infield and leaves massive gaps down the sides, that has been our undoing the majority of the season, now if I can see that why can't mccoist/McDowell etc..