Booing Our Own Players

Falcon Punch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wrath of the Rangers fans is sometimes what makes or breaks Rangers legends. I've witnessed the likes of McCoist (the player), Davie Cooper, Mark Hateley getting lambasted by the fans. Shit, even Laudrup got some abuse in the first few weeks he arrived. Players need to understand that they don't just become great players because they pull on the strip. All of the above took it the right way....by using it as motivation to come back at us and show how strong they were. You could even say to an extent they were as good as sticking two fingers back up at us....and rightly so. It's how it goes.

In the modern day, the best example I can think of was Lafferty. He thought he was billy big time when he signed for us. He was soon taken down a peg or two, but focused on things & came back stronger. Of course, he's still a thunder cunt for the way he left, but that's beside the point.

If any of the current crop can't fucking hack it then they shouldn't let the door hit them on their arse on the way out!

It's happened for years. Sometimes players perform so badly that the support has every justification in letting them know how they feel.

while i respect the right of supporters to boo their own players, i personally think it does nothing to bring about improvement.

i can remember Rangers hero Jimmy Millar being booed and responded by sticking 2 fingers up at the crowd, which he later apologised.

also the Girvan Lighthouse getting absolute pelters during a Cup Tie at home against Dundee one of the first Sunday games as i recall.

more recently cult hero and captain Lorenzo getting laldy. after a couple of blunders.

David White,s reign ended just after a defeat in Europe after loud Boos rang around the Stadium after losing late in the match to a Polish Club, can,t quite remember (Gornick?) which team, and too lazy to google it.

so it did have an effect on David White so it may well be justified, just on the whole i do not agree with it.

The vast majority of the 1st team squad and coaching staff are nothign short of wage thieves and deserve all the pelters they get (an then some).

It is impossible to get behind a team and amanger who clearly do not give a shit about the club or fans. They are embarassment to our great club and we should not stop at booing them buut shoudl be chasing them down Edminston Drive

Agreed. Get them all to fuck, every single one of them.

Any player who has disgraced the jersey like these fuckin imposters, jig, black, foster, boyd etc deserve to be booed ! Playin fuckin firemen and plumbers and surrendering with sinister ease ? And a special boo to their money grabbin china and partner in crime super mcsalary ! They've all but assassinated the Club !

PS - NEVER EVER THOUGHT I'D KEY WORDS LIKE THIS RE THE RANGERS !

As the title reads.

First of all can I say this is something that I do not support and is wrong, you should never boo anyone in the Rangers shirt, while on the park. Showing the players your displeasure at half time or on the final whistle by booing - given the current situation and heartless wasters in our strips - is going to happen, and they mostly deserve it.

This being said, would you start to boo the likes of Ricky Foster, Ian Black and Jig, while on the park, if it got the message across to the managment team, and they were dropped for youth? I know this is controversial, but the anger I feel from not just on here but the Rangers support as a whole seems to suggest it could happen, at some point. Would this get the undroppables dropped? Does the current manager even know our feelings towards these imposters?

Tin hat on.

Fuck Off Jig.

The wrath of the Rangers fans is sometimes what makes or breaks Rangers legends. I've witnessed the likes of McCoist (the player), Davie Cooper, Mark Hateley getting lambasted by the fans. Shit, even Laudrup got some abuse in the first few weeks he arrived. Players need to understand that they don't just become great players because they pull on the strip. All of the above took it the right way....by using it as motivation to come back at us and show how strong they were. You could even say to an extent they were as good as sticking two gingers back up at us.... and rightly so. It's how it goes.

Christ, sounds decidedly unpleasant :D

I boo kenny judas miller every time his name is read out because he played for them. I also booed the two newcastle players forced upon us by mike ashley.

why boo somebody who just signed no matter the reason they are here to play for us and hopefully be better than the rest of the shite we have

Black was defo booed on Sunday before he was subbed and rightly so.

We honeslty have nothing to gain playing these wankers until the rest of the season, they know their numbers are up and don't give a fuck about trying a leg as they'll still get their wages at the end of the day.

Bench every one of the fuckers and stick the youngsters in. At least they'll be hungry to prove they're capable of the step up. Murdoch shat all over black in the 15mins he was on and if it wasn't for lard arse missing that header he would have had a decent assist to his name.

Get the imposters to fuck.

I don't boo my own team even if they play shite. I just think it's wrong.

This is not your or my team; we support Rangers Football Club, this is a shower of non triers wearing the shirt but not giving a fuck about the club/if they win or the support. These people are not Rangers players, the shirt will not make you a Ranger it has to come from inside and these losers don't have it.

It's happened for years. Sometimes players perform so badly that the support has every justification in letting them know how they feel.

Correct though I do not believe in booing the young players trying to break into the team.

People often boo because just like cheering on the team we get caught up in the emotion of the moment.

listening this morning on the radio to a sports reporter from a local Leicester newspaper (discussing the managers has he been sacked or not sacked) .. the reporter was asked about the supporters, as last year the team romped the Championship, but were now bottom of the Premiership ..

His answer were the support were fully behind manager and team - because THEY WERE SEEN TO BE GIVING THEIR ALL in every game!!