Zelalem

Gillete

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Destined for the top. We won't sign this kid permanently. Ball however is out of contract at the end of the season... and so is Oduwa. Would love to see us sign one or both. If anyone has the pull factor as a manager it is Warburton. Euro footy would strengthen that as well but a long way to go

I am of a certain vintage and have seen many good up and coming players. He is the best youngster I have seen since Iain Durrant. Just hope he does not come up against a Neil Simpson type!!!!

Been doing my nut in, that's who he reminded me of Being a young player playing for The Rangers, cheers mate.

How many of this quality of player are struggling to break into the ££££ laden EPL sides who would rather spend £20 plus million than give a kid a break, plenty I would think.

Thats a market MW will exploit.

i read a post on here after the qos game and the poster said the first half he was honking and was only any good after they had 10 men i was at dumfries and the boy was fantastic makes you wonder what game some people watch the midfield of zaleem halliday and holt are superb and they all compliment each other

He will be a player like Gio and Gattuso.

Sitting watching a World Cup seeing him stand out and being able to say

"He played for us"

Worth silly money by then, I hope!

His Rangers career will end this year but I'll always be grateful that he chose the Scottish 2nd tier over the Championship and of course to Mark for sorting it.

Hope he goes on to massive things, seems to have such a level head off the park for a young boy and a mature, experienced head on it.

The two class guys on loan should act like a magnet to others in similar situations who find their way to the first team barred by expensive imports, if they go back to their respective clubs and are playing in front of one man and a dog next season they might be thinking The Rangers aint a bad gig.

Glad you guys are liking him. As I've said repeatedly he's already the most technically proficient player to put on the USMNT jersey. He's also probably of the most tactically advanced. He sees the field wonderfuly and has the ability to put the ball where he sees it and shrug off tackles with just the easiest little movements.

Hard to believe this guy was playing Maryland travel soccer when Arsenal found him. Whatever else you think about Arsenal their scouting of youth is unreal. US youth club soccer isn't exactly a hot bed of world class prospects. In fact most of our best players at the moment (Dempsey, Altidore for example) didn't come through the club system and instead were found in parks or in Clint's case honed their game against Mexican immigrants.

IMO, and this is through all sport, the truly elite and gifted make it seem effortless. Gedion does that.