*** Official Rangers V Dumbarton Match Thread ***

Nice to see Thompson get on, really like him

Zelalem oozes quality.

Can't understand why he gets so much stick from some on here, the guy barely plays a bad pass

While Zelalem is accomplished in possession he doesn't really do much with the ball, off the ball he's just lazy as fuck.

Nice to see Thompson get on, really like him

Zelalem oozes quality.

Can't understand why he gets so much stick from some on here, the guy barely plays a bad pass

Couldn't agree more. We are a possession based team and his game is based on possession football. Yes, we'd all like to see more decisive passes or goals from him but I think alot of people's expectations are perhaps a little to high. He barely put a foot wrong tonight, keeps possession so well and is always available and willing to receive the ball. Also lovely awareness to get the touch round the corner to assist Waghorn.

He was very direct in the second half and was imposing himself just before getting taken off ( rotation ). People need to get off his back.

True, he was more direct for 15 minutes.

Look, I want the guy to do well, I really do, but in the first half he gave away possession at least twice under zero pressure and played a two foot pass to someone behind him!

I appreciate he is only 18. I'm just frustrated because I can see what a great player he could be, and no doubt will be. However for large spells He was peripheral. I was hoping he would be an absolute stand out when he came. To be honest I think we got him a year or two too early, and no doubt he wouldn't have come in a year or two.

Still time for him, mind you.