***the Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Thread***

Jamie0202

Kiernan only plays bad when he's paired with Wilson. He was paired with Wilson against Morton too and we went 2-2.

No he wasn't.

Besides, the main problem with Kiernan is that he gets caught out of position way too much. I don't know how many times he pushed into midfield to try and win the ball and failed against Falkirk, leaving a huge gap at the back.

He needs to start dropping back and holding his position when necessary because he doesn't have a great deal of pace to get back.

Hope that i am wrong but this optimism based on bad perfomances doest make sense

The game on monday is pivotal to our season and we have to get a result

Our defence is our weak link hibs will look and exploit it

Wallace & Tavenier have to sit tight and defend and for once we have to defend our goal

The main aim dont lose this game - we need someone to do something special

in our team to win the league someone to make the difference

Hope that i am wrong but this optimism based on bad perfomances doest make sense

The game on monday is pivotal to our season and we have to get a result

Our defence is our weak link hibs will look and exploit it

Wallace & Tavenier have to sit tight and defend and for once we have to defend our goal

The main aim dont lose this game - we need someone to do something special

in our team to win the league someone to make the difference

I think if we take our chances and as you say actually have the defenders defending instead of kidding on they have more than that to their game we will be fine.

2 common misconceptions about this game annoy me

1) this is not a "must win" game in the grand scheme of things, it is December and we are rangers.

2) this is nowhere near similar to an old firm game :/ they are hibs, a nothing club with nobody fans. we are different levels of club, fanbase and playing squad. they are of no significance.

the quicker some of the posters on here realise this the better

1) this is not a "must win" game in the grand scheme of things, it is December and we are rangers.

2) this is nowhere near similar to an old firm game :/ they are hibs, a nothing club with nobody fans. we are different levels of club, fanbase and playing squad. they are of no significance.

Whilst I kind of agree with your first point, I'd say it's must win for a couple of reasons, firstly we do need to start upping our performance levels again and to do that against our closest challengers for the title is vitally important, secondly because we are Rangers every game is must win, end of story.

Whilst I kind of agree with your first point, I'd say it's must win for a couple of reasons, firstly we do need to start upping our performance levels again and to do that against our closest challengers for the title is vitally important, secondly because we are Rangers every game is must win, end of story.

I get that mate and I feel the same I want to pump hibs and have the bragging rights but put this into perspective..

there are 21 games left, 20 after we play Hibs if we get beat on Monday we will be 3 points behind with 60 to play for.

I get that mate and I feel the same I want to pump hibs and have the bragging rights but put this into perspective..

there are 21 games left, 20 after we play Hibs if we get beat on Monday we will be 3 points behind with 60 to play for.

Can't agree .we simply must win this one.The team have failed in most of their big tests this season,if they blow it on Monday I think things could get very nervy indeed and we probably will end up in the playoffs again .Absolutely crucial we don't lose this game.

Can't agree .we simply must win this one.The team have failed in most of their big tests this season,if they blow it on Monday I think things could get very nervy indeed and we probably will end up in the playoffs again .Absolutely crucial we don't lose this game.

things would get nervy but one lose for them when we win and we are back top, not impossible with 20 games left. don't get confused between "must win" and really really really want to win.

with 10 games left the games against them become must win. Im not saying dont try to win just now we would all love to put distance between us but loses now are recoverable. look how long it took hibs to catch up. things could go the other way and we open up a 9 point gap in 2 months

Calling a surprise call up for Walsh.

Oduwa been lacking a late, his enthusiasm and pace could be a real asset.

Likely Miller wide right tho

I'd like to see Walsh at least on the bench. Played against St Mirren on the first game of the season and hasn't been seen since then.

I'd like to see Walsh at least on the bench. Played against St Mirren on the first game of the season and hasn't been seen since then.

like walsh but his decision making needs improved drastically, that comes with experience right enough. he deffs has the attributes to offer something as a late sub

Id like to see Law start instead of Zelalem, im not a fan of Law but he was good last week and Zelalems just been getting worse and worse.

Tavernier better get his act together for this one, we wont get away with some of the silly mistakes he makes.

Get the boot stuck right into these cunts from the get go if you ask me, get the early goal and get on with it.

3-0 with Waggy to score first

It's called having faith in your team no matter the odds. And then sticking by your team through the good and bad.

That's not to say the team is exempt from critique. But saying your team has better chances to lose than win before the game is poor behaviour.

So you prefer blind faith to being objective? Stupidity/optimism over reality.

Why the fuck would anyone think we'll win every game we ever go into. Get real my man.

So you prefer blind faith to being objective? Stupidity/optimism over reality.

Why the fuck would anyone think we'll win every game we ever go into. Get real my man.

You did read the second half of what I said right? I did say the team was liable to being criticized.

Also not too long ago I posted a topic pretty much dedicated to how much I disliked Clark.

What I don't like is writing the team off before the ball has even been kicked against a team that we have and can steam roll.

You seem to have lost some of your enthusiasm.

ionbe0.jpg

iprtyw.jpg

I don't know if it's the time of year or whether it's the noises coming out of Easter Road but I certainly think this game has an OF feel to it. You are correct in what you say about the levels of both clubs but it doesn't change the feel of the game for most, including myself, who are absolutely buzzing for it. In the past two days so were you. Cheer up.

EDIT - Click the pictures for full size. Not sure why they're like that when earlier pictures uploaded in the same way turned out fine.

Both managers had similar rebuilds to do pre season. Who has spent the most money? Who has the most resources? Who can employ their own staff at will? Who has done better of the two given their respective budgets?

We should be out of sight.

I think you're a Hibs fan mate all you have to do is consider the constant siding with Hibs in all of your posts imho