***the Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Thread***

Jamie0202

If we turn up , we win

Sadly I think we are bogged down by players mentally weak and feeling the pressure

Guys like John brown, Richard gough would have players fired up in the dressing room.

Christ knows who would even try to do that now

We need to get back to the days of beating teams in the tunnel.

Bringing back the billy boys would help

We really need a Daniel Cousin type striker who can rag doll defences but have a bit of craft and guile.

As for the team I'd go with

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Wilson Wallace

Holt Kiernan Law

McKay Waghorn Haliday

Not an ideal midfield or front 3 but we currently have no options, Hardie hasn't impressed when he has appeared and this is probably too big a game to start him and Miller is finished as far as I can see.

What is clear from the last couple of games is the likes of Clark, Shields and Oduwa do not have the talent or mental strength to play for Rangers

Fuck Christmas I've got the battle fever on already!!

In the prematch presser warburton won't say much in response to Stubbs but in private he'll be telling the players to ram the words down his throat. Feels a little bit an old firm game and I'm loving the vibe already.

Someone mentioned gough or brown would have hibs mentally beat already. They would've done 20 years ago but there's no players like that around anymore and only hard work and skill will beat hibs

Rangers cannot ignore us, says Hibs head coach Alan Stubbs

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs believes title rivals Rangers are now taking the Easter Road side's challenge seriously.

Stubbs' men drew level on points with the Scottish Championship leaders by beating Queen of the South on Saturday.

And Hibs travel to face Rangers at Ibrox on Monday.

"If they weren't thinking about us a month ago, I think their mindset has changed and they are certainly thinking about us now," said Stubbs.

"The noises that are coming out are slightly different now. I think that tells you something.

"You can deny it all you like but we have been there, we have stayed there, and we weren't going away. And we're not going to go away, whether you like it or not.

"You can deny it all you want but our intention was to stay there and try and put as much pressure as we can on Rangers.

"Let's be honest, I don't think they ever ignored us. They told everyone they were but I don't think they did.

"Sometimes you say things but players look at tables, they look at our results, and they know our form is very good. They knew where we were. There's only so many times you can keep denying it."

Rangers gave Hibs the opportunity to draw level after losing at Falkirkon Saturday lunchtime and drew with Greenock Morton the week before.

"I still think both teams have shown big-game mentality," Stubbs added.

"Rangers have had a few results recently which haven't gone according to plan. But I would say, rather than Rangers dropping points, I think a bit of credit has to go to us because we have been gaining momentum and picking up maximum points.

"And when you do that, are you trying to tell me that when you finish a game at 16:50 on a Saturday, that you don't look at other results?

"We're excited about the proposition of going to Ibrox and so we should be. Through all the talk and the hullabaloo, it's two good teams, two teams that play football, and I'm expecting a fierce battle."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35164063

How many times has Warburton and the players said it's all about Rangers,we only concentrate on ourselves....

Elephant faced scag using cunthair of a man.

Rangers cannot ignore us, says Hibs head coach Alan Stubbs

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs believes title rivals Rangers are now taking the Easter Road side's challenge seriously.

Stubbs' men drew level on points with the Scottish Championship leaders by beating Queen of the South on Saturday.

And Hibs travel to face Rangers at Ibrox on Monday.

"If they weren't thinking about us a month ago, I think their mindset has changed and they are certainly thinking about us now," said Stubbs.

"The noises that are coming out are slightly different now. I think that tells you something.

"You can deny it all you like but we have been there, we have stayed there, and we weren't going away. And we're not going to go away, whether you like it or not.

"You can deny it all you want but our intention was to stay there and try and put as much pressure as we can on Rangers.

"Let's be honest, I don't think they ever ignored us. They told everyone they were but I don't think they did.

"Sometimes you say things but players look at tables, they look at our results, and they know our form is very good. They knew where we were. There's only so many times you can keep denying it."

Rangers gave Hibs the opportunity to draw level after losing at Falkirkon Saturday lunchtime and drew with Greenock Morton the week before.

"I still think both teams have shown big-game mentality," Stubbs added.

"Rangers have had a few results recently which haven't gone according to plan. But I would say, rather than Rangers dropping points, I think a bit of credit has to go to us because we have been gaining momentum and picking up maximum points.

"And when you do that, are you trying to tell me that when you finish a game at 16:50 on a Saturday, that you don't look at other results?

"We're excited about the proposition of going to Ibrox and so we should be. Through all the talk and the hullabaloo, it's two good teams, two teams that play football, and I'm expecting a fierce battle."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35164063

How many times has Warburton and the players said it's all about Rangers,we only concentrate on ourselves....

Elephant faced scag using cunthair of a man.

May not be a popular opinion, but I don't think he's wrong.

While we have a goal difference that's as good as a point in this position, they've gone on a great run lately and our form has dipped, so they're on our tails, we'd be naive not to consider them real challengers.

We have to return to the high tempo pressing game we had earlier on in the season.

We also need someone to work with our defence till we can get new players in,in January.

We need to take the chances we make and stop the ineffective short corners they have become too predictable.

should davie weir not be sorting out our defence ;)

I severely hope we give them a right doing as stubbs is starting to annoy they fuck out me with his constant digs, he honestly believes he is some sort of genius at the mind games.

Any win will do tbh but I would love to hammer the cunts just to put the elephant man back in his cage.

Stubbs hahaha. If it wasn't for a refs assist and a last minute goal they'd still be like 5 points off so their hardly setting the world alight.

Hope we paste these cunts on Monday. I know if its 1-0 or 5-0 its only 3 points but I'd really love to slaughter them

Here's a clip from sky sports here, have a look at the drop ball and Stubb's comments. It really should have went back to qots anyway. Even more of an incentive for next week if we needed it. Imagine if we had done that against Hibs, there would have been an uproar and all sorts of conspiracy theories. Stubbs would have been raging. But because it went for him Stubbs viewed it as fair with the ref dropping it between the two players....

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/10105665/hibs-go-joint-top

Just watched that! Fuck off! No way was that a fair drop ball!! Can you imagine that fuckwits rage if the referee had dropped the ball at the QOTS players feet! Just more incompetent refereeing!