Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Direct quote from anyone at the club offering him a new contract , no the media or Barton.

Can just see all the tarriers on here diving on their google..........

What an absolute cunt your making of yourself :lol::lol: 

Plenty of players come up to Murray Park and don't end up staying. Even if MW likes him he may want to much money, so I'm not holding my breath on this one. Like many in here I'm not his biggest fan but I won't be livid if he signs.  

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I agree with that. I just can't warm to the idea of signing Joey Barton though. I hope he is a success if he signs and I do too trust Warburton but Barton signing is a hard one to take. A guy like that doesn't deserve to play for us. 

The problem is the incidents are all from some time ago and there is evidence that he has made progress on many fronts. The testimony of his current manager and players and fans at Burnley point to this and his own comments suggest that MW would be just the sort of manager to keep his concentration on football and get the best out of him. Theres no need to exaggerate his issues and try to overhype situations, he has a shocking past but, as many pointed out, others have come to the club with similar baggage (Duncan Ferguson heads the list).

I'd rather there was a similar player without the add ons but its a case of trusting the diligence of FMcP and MW to make the decision in the interests of the club.

Story from a few folk who seem to have links is he isn't after alot of cash at all (not sure what Barton would class as a lot of cash) .. supposedly it's all a done deal !

He's played with man city, Newcastle and marseille.....he'll be fucking minted already!, I honestly think after watching the way we play against the tarriers in the semi final he wants to be part off something special....his wages if we signs won't be anything near to why he's on at burnley....and don't forget it was frank Mcparland that helped convince him to sign for burnley. He's as mad as a box of frogs, but if he wants to come and play for us for a couple of seasons and skelp Lego eater a few times, I'm all for it!!.

Tbh before we were interested if you had asked the majority what they thought of Barton I'm pretty sure most would see him as a prick and walloper.

IF he signs (which I doubt) then he will get backed like the rest. I trust the manager 100%

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Can you explain why the payer of the year and everyones best buddy was not offered a new deal ?

Conclusive proof that there is no offer or its bullshit. Can you show us a direct quote from the club, or even one that counters the story from Barton? Surely they would race to put right any misconceptions like that? 

You really can't handle the positivity of his employees, colleagues and fans can you?:moon:

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Tbh before we were interested if you had asked the majority what they thought of Barton I'm pretty sure most would see him as a prick and walloper.

IF he signs (which I doubt) then he will get backed like the rest. I trust the manager 100%

(tu)

How many people trust the manager and mcparland?

How many times does Warburton talk about unity of the squad, value on and off the park. Do we really think he'd risk what has been built over the last year on a whim? If he signs the first crunching tackle on brown will change people's minds.....much like if Cummings were to sign the his first goal against them would probably give him hero status.

People need to chill,and see what happens.

It was said on here from a couple of experts that the club offered him a new contract , they never , the media and Barton himself said it nobody from the club said anything remotely near that bullshit.

Now why would a club who have gave him player of the year and all think he's a great guy not give him a new contract ?