Joey sent home

scottjf82

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

OK,  I'll put my oar in because I have a source (very reliable) - I didn't want to put it in earlier because loads of theories and abuse were flying about. 

OK,  tin hat on - 

Team had a video analysis meeting on Monday then Tuesday as well re last Saturday. Monday got heated but stayed controlled with Barton being very vocal. It was decided to allow 24hrs of reflection and further analysis on tuesday. This time Barton really went to town and ripped into almost everyone, especially Lee Wallace. Halliday butted in by saying we beat they bastards 5 months ago when you weren't here and they squared up with Barton throwing a couple of punches 

There fuck it, I've said it 

Comments or criticise all you want. 

Wallace was fucking dire on Saturday to be fair.

Halliday has no place bringing up the semi final against them either IMO considering most of the team haven't kicked their own arse since then. 

That game is long gone now the analysis was about Saturday's game and how to move on from it, not a chance to live off a previous victory.

You dont get sent home for a week and miss a vital game for words, something else happened but at least barton has tried to downplay it and until there is evidence to the contrary then his story is most reliable 

Pity we had to wait till a player fucking tweeted before we got something

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Sounds to me like some people have tried to sugarcoat the performance and he has said it how it is. 

said that early mate. Simple way to sort shit is taking personal responsibility the 1st and 2nd goals especially on Saturday where individual errors and instead of blaming the team ( like Warburton does usually for goals conceded) Joey has blamed whoever was supposed to be picking up the cunt at the corner etc.

I would imagine because the players already here weren't used to that approach some things would've been said

I'm sorry but saying this guy has affected the dressing room is utter shite every since we beat Celtic in the SF we have been shite and the only guy that seems to care is Barton. We have a spineless captain who don't get me wrong I will always respect  and I will never forget what he done for us but this is the time were the captain should step up.

Im not his biggest fan as he has still got to prove himself but saying that so do a lot of the squad this season. I think his statement shows his professionalism and fair play to him. I understand that the players like us fans are still hurting from the dismal display on Saturday.

Whilst i think its a good thing that the players are passionate enough to have heated debates i am concerned that the stinging criticisms of player performances didnt come from the management team or the captain. A line should be drawn under this now but i feel it should be a learning curve for the management team and the captain too as they are the ones who should be ripping players a new arsehole for under performing.

1 hour ago, WGOH said:

Fair doos to him. Not many players would have the balls to come out and say that right away. He needs to back up these words and up his game. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise and got the fire in the belly. Win your place back Joey. 

On fucking twitter? Are you having a laugh?

2 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

It's not what u say, but how u say it. 

That's the statement to be applied here I reckon. If it's true he's got tore into Wallace in particular - slating everyone, I would find that hard to take as a player to be honest. Joey has done nothing but talk himself up through media outlets. 

He's been totally embarrassed by his performance and shouting his mouth, I hope Haliday did put him in his place. 

Allegedly Joey threw a couple of digs at Haliday. 

Probably after the other ned got his in.

If that's how MW handles a verbal spat, both his managerial and leadership skills leave a lot to be desired and it is showing in our performances. He has simply lost the fucking plot.

Just now, jbear72 said:

I'm sorry but saying this guy has affected the dressing room is utter shite every since we beat Celtic in the SF we have been shite and the only guy that seems to care is Barton. We have a spineless captain who don't get me wrong I will always respect  and I will never forget what he done for us but this is the time were the captain should step up.

Ofc he has for 1 look at the wage he will be on am sure there is players in the dressing room thinking hold on then all this shite on twitter do it on the park before you say anything on the thing

15 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Which parts of the statement were disrespectful??

Maybe nit picking but: "Whilst I don't feel this was necessary" looks as if he's questioning what the manager did.

Also a bit disrespectful making any statement through twitter, could have been done through the club.

1 hour ago, jbear72 said:

The only guy that cares is Barton?  Shut the fuck up ya halfwit, 

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

How do you know? In what way? Please elaborate with facts

He's taking over team talks, having go at the players and the rest of the team don't like him. Him and Halliday had to be pulled apart from knocking fuck out of each other but it's been a long time coming! 

Like I said earlier I don't see anything wrong with being honest about what you think of your team-mates performance as long as it's done constructively. There is absolutely no point in keeping things to yourself within a team whether it be a problem you have with formations/tactics/players or even training. Things are always best out in the open so they can be discussed and issues resolved. I truly believe that's what Barton had the intention of doing but just got a bit emotional and said things that shouldn't have been said.

Quite frankly as a fan I hoped to fuck that when they were analyzing the match they would all have a say on what is going wrong and how they think we can improve. I mean what would you rather have.. A team full of shy little men who only listen to 1 man and are to scared to give their own opinion or a team full of confident guys who give their opinion at every opportunity to further progress this team? 

I feel the gaffer may have set a bad precedent sending Joey home for the week to be honest. Now others may be more nervous to speak up and give their opinions. I mean if Joey stood up, swore at someone and turned round to another and said he'll pump his granny then okay I can see the gaffers point but if it was only a few "fuck you's" then it's a bit of an over-reaction I feel. It's football and they're adults. I'm sure it's not the first they've been spoken to like that. 

The manager has the final say of course and rightly so. I just think it's so much better for a manager to have food for thought rather than be left with only his opinion.  

5 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

If he's tore in to a couple of players then its probably hard to take for them to take seeing as Barton hass done fuck all but talk a good game since he's got here but he's probably not said anything worse than what some people have said on here about the performances of certain players. 

Hard to take? They're fucking dross and want a right good fucking word with themselves.