O'Halloran

ready1873

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The manager is playing Miller on the right-wing ahead of MOH which speaks volumes.  I think the managers just doesn't rate MOH. 

I agree MOH should have started but tbh Miller had just scored 4 goals and got 2 goals in his last 3 games for us so couldn't be dropped and Garner cost far too much to be dropped for such a massive game. I wouldn't have been opposed to miller LW and dropping Barry for MOH though because for me MOH had to start that game given his record of good games against them and the pitch size..

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midfield of Holt, Windass, Rossiter/Halliday.

Forward line of McKay, Garner, MO'H, or Waghorn for any of them once he's back ready to start.

Forgot about Forrester, he could go into either.

Get the pace, directness back into the team. We're shite playing a more conservative slow passing, over-possession style. It's not helping the defence. It's only causing problems in midfield and attack. Just go for the kill, it cannot be any worse than what we have seen so far this season.

36 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I agree MOH should have started but tbh Miller had just scored 4 goals and got 2 goals in his last 3 games for us so couldn't be dropped and Garner cost far too much to be dropped for such a massive game. I wouldn't have been opposed to miller LW and dropping Barry for MOH though because for me MOH had to start that game given his record of good games against them and the pitch size..

MOH should've started against Hamilton Accies on the first day of the season.  Miller's just the preferred choice. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

MOH should've started against Hamilton Accies on the first day of the season.  Miller's just the preferred choice. 

I agree, imo not starting our fastest player who is also proven in this league when we are crying out for pace and someone direct in attack is ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Midfield of Holt, Windass, Rossiter/Halliday.

Forward line of McKay, Garner, MO'H, or Waghorn for any of them once he's back ready to start.

Get the pace, directness back into the team. We're shite playing a more conservative slow passing, over-possession style. It's not helping the defence. It's only causing problems in midfield and attack. Just go for the kill, it cannot be any worse than what we have seen so far this season.

Get Holt out that team for Forrester and yer spot on 

Think tomorrow's line-up will tell how much the manager rates him. In my opinion he should be a stick on to start. Whenever he's came on this season in the home games he's been dangerous and very direct which is what we're crying out for. Gets frustrating watching Barrie get an opportunity for a 1 on 1 at times and either be shoved off the ball or play it 10 yards back. I don't think there's many full backs in this league who'll match him for pace and it'll be a problem for other teams having to work around that. Will be disappointed if Kenny or Barrie start tomorrow and he's on the bench... AGAIN. 

Only negative I feel he has is his finishing. Take the Motherwell chance he squandered towards the end of the game as an example. But with Garner through the middle and him being a notoriously good finisher in the box I feel they can link well together. 

3 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I could not disagree more with this statement but respect your opinion. MOH for me does not hide, when you see him live he is always asking for the ball and making dangerous runs it's just Tav always seems to look to pass inside when MOH makes runs but when he does find him and MOH runs at players then he can take on 3/4 at a time and has pace to beat any fullback. If given a chance he will be a massive asset to our team he just needs to work on his finishing and decision making. Tavernier at RW would be a bad idea mate for the simple fact he is meant to be getting forward as much as he does what people in our support don't seem able to grasp is how hard it is to mark an attacking fullback out of a game compared to marking a winger, his late runs from RB give him space to run at players and without that he wouldn't get the 40 goal contributions he did last year imo.

I agree with this. It's more his chemistry with either full back that keeps him out. MW likes partnerships in these areas (eg  LW&BM), and I still think he was bought as a striker. 

4 hours ago, trueblueal said:

He doesn't have the trust of the manager IMO. Form dictates he should have played more often but the gaffer won't hang his hat on MOH delivering when it matters

I've still not hung my hat in MW delivering when it matters but I hope that changes. 

MOH should have started the tim game . Since the day we signed him I've thought he's a different option and have always seen him as a guy who's pace and power would guarantee him a game at girodome, where he would get space to run into and also he's hurt the tims plenty times for St Johnstone. The problem now is that most games Rangers play is against packed defences and imo he doesn't have the attributes to open them up and he's struggled badly most times he's played at Ibrox in particular. Hope I'm wrong but with few exceptions he's not looked gers class though as mentioned his saving grace might be our away games, especially against the sheep and the hertz.

6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I don't think MW rates him

One of the few that had money spent on them so I don't think that's the case, I think he needs to sharpen up his awareness of what's going on around him when he is on a charge,  going by his assisists v Linfield he might already have been working hard on this, as plenty have said for him not to get a run last week was baffling as a ball knocked long into the channels would have had them on their heels.

Last weeks no show is  still sore.

6 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm going to put my tin hat on here but any time I've seen MOH. start a game I've not really been all that impressed to be honest.  

When he's on the pitch he's so predictable always goes down the outside and never seen him cut back inside. The guy had good pace and close control but defenders know what he's going to do before he even attempts it

This has been the most frustrating thing regarding Warburton this season.

Last year we were at our best when we were using our pace in Holt etc to run right over the top of teams.

The Hamilton and Motherwell games stand out for me because those games never changed until Orange Halloran came off the bench and started running at them with the ball.

We have Wallace,Tavernier,Holt,Halliday,Windass,Forrester,McKay,Waghorn,Dodoo and Orange Halloran. Players that can run with a ball and cause major problems to opposing defences,yet Warburton has us trying to score the perfect goal nearly all the time doh

Don't understand why the manager has bought him as he seems reluctant to use him.

Considering the form of McKay and the injury to Waghorn he should have been due a start.

Also I know Kenny grabbed the last minute winner but surely MOH could be given a run before Miller.

On a side note. Nico and Kenny still have a lot to offer but surley it would be better them coming on rather than starting.

The love in for ohalloran on here is embarrassing,the guys hopeless 

1.as somebody else said ,gets his head down and goes at the byeline ,defenders read him like a book

2.does everything at 100 miles an hour,never looks up

3. Been here 6 months ,still can't get a starting spot,how much time does he get,a year 2 years?

4.when he has played from the start,he's been poor

5.body language and his torn face ,is fkn annoying

6.rabid Tim,only here for the money,hoping for move to England in January window