*****The Official Inverness vs Rangers Thread*****

Escobar

Been saying it from the start of the season- it's fixtures like this that is going to define our season  

Hate repeating it but we will drop points because the defence keep leaking goals, especially the first goal. MW has the January window to sort it or he's toast. 

On another note (by fuck I have my cheery head on tonight) if he thinks this total football philosophy is the way to the top eg posession/passing to win the day then that rhats v man city game is a wake up call. If they can blunt man city like they did 2 weeks ago then what will they do to us setting up like we do? We are a poor man's, and a very poor man's at that, version of City 

I'll be the first to say it (and I've got a big tin hat on admittedly) but this MW philosophy is all going to end in tears. Firstly, that lot will see us coming with the tranny in charge and secondly even if it does start to go places the first player or players who excel in this improvement will be off to the premiership in no time and we go back two steps almost immediately. And dare I say it but I think the Watty model (i'm not saying bring him back btw) of 2007/8 is the way forward. That of course will need a good few million and a more pragmatic manager.

Apologies for the negativity and such like - it's only my opinion at the end of the day but it comes after much reflection and soul searching during this international break. 

I want three things.... 

1. Move the ball quickly.

2. Pass forward when it's on.

3. A goal for us in the opening 20 minutes which will completely change the dynamic of the game. I'd then be confident of scoring a few and winning the game even if we concede which is inevitable at the moment. 

12 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Been saying it from the start of the season- it's fixtures like this that is going to define our season  

Hate repeating it but we will drop points because the defence keep leaking goals, especially the first goal. MW has the January window to sort it or he's toast. 

On another note (by fuck I have my cheery head on tonight) if he thinks this total football philosophy is the way to the top eg posession/passing to win the day then that rhats v man city game is a wake up call. If they can blunt man city like they did 2 weeks ago then what will they do to us setting up like we do? We are a poor man's, and a very poor man's at that, version of City 

I'll be the first to say it (and I've got a big tin hat on admittedly) but this MW philosophy is all going to end in tears. Firstly, that lot will see us coming with the tranny in charge and secondly even if it does start to go places the first player or players who excel in this improvement will be off to the premiership in no time and we go back two steps almost immediately. And dare I say it but I think the Watty model (i'm not saying bring him back btw) of 2007/8 is the way forward. That of course will need a good few million and a more pragmatic manager.

Apologies for the negativity and such like - it's only my opinion at the end of the day but it comes after much reflection and soul searching during this international break. 

The Jan window is money permittent mate. No freebies in January so the board will have no excuses if warburton identifies a defender with a modest price tag.

in regards to your possession theory there is nothing to say it can't work. Basing one game where a side has previous for beating better teams than them in a different competition means nothing against us vs Inverness or hearts.  Celtic have been playing a pressing game etc and took they're chances- that is the only thing different. We take our chances and we're level on points with them.  You don't have to play ugly football to win trophies

Foderingham

Tav       Hill         Senderos   Wallace

Halliday     Crooks

Waghorn      Windass      McKay

Miller